*Introducing Mavic Air*Adventure Unfolds
43383 188 2018-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

have you considered making other colors?
I am thinking like is, the red versions deliver the best visual against different backgrounds including the sky but as a Kawasaki driver i really would like it neon green.

No features list the color as being a replaceable shell,, it would have been a nice feature to make a quick change in order to ensure a good contrast against current flying environment. or to customize it, just like on a phone.
2018-1-26
Use props
bobsma
lvl.4

United States

EranR Posted at 2018-1-25 01:11
They should have named it "Spark Plus". Only thing it has in common with the Mavic is the folding design.
RC looks like the Spark's, no OcuSync, limited control range and battery life.
Before the launch I was worried my Mavic is gonna feel obsolete. I still like it better than the Mavic Air.

your name would had decreased sales.  that's why they would Never take your advice.

next.
2018-1-26
Use props
bobsma
lvl.4

United States

Brockford Fox Posted at 2018-1-25 05:53
I bought a Mavic Air from DJI before the event in New York had even finished and that’s because of the camera.

I have a Mavic Pro and been pleased with it, it's a great quad...but, I've always been a little disappointed with the camera. I film in 4k to upload videos to YouTube (just a hobby https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpIEUvKdoUwtgrZB3Krka0A) and I can see from sample footage online of the Mavic Air the difference 100 Mbps makes.

talk about rationalizing. you don't even now yet how much better the camera will be than than the Mavic Pro Camera,  but if you like to take chances, be my guest.
2018-1-26
Use props
Chuck1026
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1213816 ft
  • >>>
United States

KedDK Posted at 2018-1-24 03:27
Yes i was wondering the same, all those sensors but none to safe it when creeping around low to earth and the connection drops ...

I wonder if the issue is the propellers obstructing and "confusing" upward sensors?
2018-1-26
Use props
Ste_427
lvl.4
Flight distance : 530692 ft
Italy

KedDK Posted at 2018-1-26 02:08
I am thinking like is, the red versions deliver the best visual against different backgrounds including the sky but as a Kawasaki driver i really would like it neon green.

ahah
i bought it red and black because of my Triumph
2018-1-26
Use props
Brockford Fox
lvl.2
Flight distance : 474016 ft
United Kingdom

bobsma Posted at 2018-1-26 02:38
talk about rationalizing. you don't even now yet how much better the camera will be than than the Mavic Pro Camera,  but if you like to take chances, be my guest.

Given all the test footage available to download online...I'm pretty happy with my "gamble"! Time will tell with real world comparisons using consumer delivery models, although out of all the DJI drones released the MAVIC Pro has had the most issues regarding the camera so I'm hopeful DJI has given extra care and attention to this 100Mbps upgrade over the Mavic Pro.
2018-1-26
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

Chuck1026 Posted at 2018-1-26 03:24
I wonder if the issue is the propellers obstructing and "confusing" upward sensors?

It could be but i think that could be taken care of in software by some sensitivity adjustment or comparison routine.
2018-1-26
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

Ste_427 Posted at 2018-1-26 03:31
ahah
i bought it red and black because of my Triumph

Nice choice
2018-1-26
Use props
bobsma
lvl.4

United States

Brockford Fox Posted at 2018-1-26 03:38
Given all the test footage available to download online...I'm pretty happy with my "gamble"! Time will tell with real world comparisons using consumer delivery models, although out of all the DJI drones released the MAVIC Pro has had the most issues regarding the camera so I'm hopeful DJI has given extra care and attention to this 100Mbps upgrade over the Mavic Pro.

I just can't believe DJI would put a better Camera in the Air when the Pro Platinum edition will cost an extra $300. I will buy the Air when I see it at $600.  And would Never buy a Mavic Pro knowing the Air has a better camera. But I will let you test it first, please report back with your results. sorry for being kind of rude. lol
2018-1-26
Use props
Airwater
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1517057 ft
United Kingdom

Does anyone know if the new APAS works with activetrack - it seems it's most useful implementation because it's been a pain to put the Mavic Pro back into activetrack after a tree of something caused it to lose what it was tracking. This would be worth me upgrading for.
2018-1-26
Use props
Brockford Fox
lvl.2
Flight distance : 474016 ft
United Kingdom

Notification from DHL this morning that a shipment from DJI has been dispatched...I’ve only ordered the Mavic Air so it’s on its way!
2018-1-27
Use props
fans2b2bdcc3
New

South Africa

Question: can you get the Mavic or the Spark to track a GPS signal. Reason being is you have a mate surfing with a GPS device on him. Be nice to be able to send the drone out the and track him as long as possible, yet return to you for new battery and then can return to same mate surfing?

NOT THAT WOULD BE COOL...
2018-1-27
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-1-27
Use props
kRx md
lvl.4
Flight distance : 158914 ft
Philippines

I just wished that the remote controller for the Spark and Mavic Air were the same, so if one decides to get a Mavic Air, then we wont have to take another hit.
2018-1-27
Use props
Mauro's Films
First Officer
Flight distance : 2883140 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

El Diablo Posted at 2018-1-27 17:47
Hello Mauro, my bad, it has Cinelike D although you have already covered this in your channel ;)

Yes. this is why i wanted to be sure. i am hittin over 60K on that video and i don't want to give wrong informations
2018-1-28
Use props
GoldenSun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 681903 ft
Poland

I'm sure there will be different skins available soon
2018-1-28
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

GoldenSun Posted at 2018-1-28 05:33
I'm sure there will be different skins available soon

I think you're right but it is not a third party skin i want, just a quick shell replace (color) feature.
I think the shell on MAir is just as integrated as it is on the Phantom as it is not mentioned otherwise, but let's see.
2018-1-28
Use props
DJT_MVSP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2018645 ft
Singapore

Mavic Air is just a Mavic Pro Platinum in a smaller form factor.
2018-1-28
Use props
Dji_Rambo
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJT_MVSP Posted at 2018-1-28 05:44
Mavic Air is just a Mavic Pro Platinum in a smaller form factor.

You're so funny
2018-1-28
Use props
GoldenSun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 681903 ft
Poland

KedDK Posted at 2018-1-28 05:41
I think you're right but it is not a third party skin i want, just a quick shell replace (color) feature.
I think the shell on MAir is just as integrated as it is on the Phantom as it is not mentioned otherwise, but let's see.

I see. But I don't think that they're replaceable unfortunately...
2018-1-28
Use props
EranR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 280515 ft
  • >>>
Israel

bobsma Posted at 2018-1-26 02:35
your name would had decreased sales.  that's why they would Never take your advice.

next.

Obviously it's not a good name for selling this drone, but I call it as I see it.
I would replace my Mavic Pro with a Mavic Air. It's a downgrade.
2018-1-28
Use props
Solitaire
lvl.4
Australia

Drosti Posted at 2018-1-24 18:49
Any updates, or color controls to fix the awful, vintage-like colour output of the Mavic Air?

We can see in iJustin's comparison that her face looks like it went thru an Instagram filter, this is very unfortunate and  i'm regretting selling my spark,

Did you notice that the Spark image was taken at a different time of the day? (ie check out her shadow)
2018-1-29
Use props
Solitaire
lvl.4
Australia

Brockford Fox Posted at 2018-1-25 05:53
I bought a Mavic Air from DJI before the event in New York had even finished and that’s because of the camera.

I have a Mavic Pro and been pleased with it, it's a great quad...but, I've always been a little disappointed with the camera. I film in 4k to upload videos to YouTube (just a hobby https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpIEUvKdoUwtgrZB3Krka0A) and I can see from sample footage online of the Mavic Air the difference 100 Mbps makes.

My sentiments exactly. I only have an older Phantom and find it impractical for overseas travel when trying to travel light. The Air looks amazing - and would compliment my Osmo perfectly.
2018-1-29
Use props
Ste_427
lvl.4
Italy

Solitaire Posted at 2018-1-29 02:07
Did you notice that the Spark image was taken at a different time of the day? (ie check out her shadow)

I thought the same exact thing. It's the only one with a good light, exactly on the face.

From the reviews and the specs this Mavic Air is even better than the Pro on each aspect but the range and flight time. Only if you want to  fly more or at higher distance you shold prefer a mavic pro, in all the other aspects the Air stands out.
I think that the "Mavic pro 2" will be able to re-establish the gap anyway, we'll see.

Still waiting for my Air, no news from the shop
2018-1-29
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

Ste_427 Posted at 2018-1-29 02:28
I thought the same exact thing. It's the only one with a good light, exactly on the face.

From the reviews and the specs this Mavic Air is even better than the Pro on each aspect but the range and flight time. Only if you want to  fly more or at higher distance you shold prefer a mavic pro, in all the other aspects the Air stands out.

"Only if you want to  fly more or at higher distance you shold prefer a mavic pro,"
IMO signal strength is much more than just distance. More strength helps ensure you don't loose signal if you need to pass behind trees or buildings in order to get your recordings done as wanted and without the need to run around after the craft.
2018-1-29
Use props
Ste_427
lvl.4
Italy

KedDK Posted at 2018-1-29 04:19
"Only if you want to  fly more or at higher distance you shold prefer a mavic pro,"
IMO signal strength is much more than just distance. More strength helps ensure you don't loose signal if you need to pass behind trees or buildings in order to get your recordings done as wanted and without the need to run around after the craft.

You are absolutelly right, but from the reviews signal seems to be very strong when the drone is in the promised range. Obviously it's only an assumption, hope to check its capability pretty soon.
In Italy (and maybe in whole Europe i think) you can't fly over your sight range, so it won't be a problem for me anyway.

2018-1-29
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

Ste_427 Posted at 2018-1-29 04:56
You are absolutelly right, but from the reviews signal seems to be very strong when the drone is in the promised range. Obviously it's only an assumption, hope to check its capability pretty soon.
In Italy (and maybe in whole Europe i think) you can't fly over your sight range, so it won't be a problem for me anyway.

Yes most countries has the VLOS rule but sometimes like in the scenario below where i am confident that no helicopters or other obstacles will be in the way i find it more secure to be BVLOS for a short time than risk falling if i was about to run around after the craft in order to keep up with the VLOS rules.
Having good trnasmission power is a must even in short range to ensure not loosing connection, below there is very much material from one side to the other.

Trust me when you have done 10 flights, on several of them you have been BVLOS for a short time too.

Søborg kirke, Nordsjælland

Søborg kirke, Nordsjælland
2018-1-29
Use props
David J.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1231385 ft
United States

I’ve heard from some reviews that the Mavic Air can shoot 4K 60 FPS. Is that true?!?!
2018-1-29
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

David J. Posted at 2018-1-29 16:43
I’ve heard from some reviews that the Mavic Air can shoot 4K 60 FPS. Is that true?!?!

You didn't read the very first post in this thread?
4K @ 30 Fps, 2K7 @ 60 Fps, check the specs for more info.
2018-1-29
Use props
David J.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1231385 ft
United States

KedDK Posted at 2018-1-29 17:00
You didn't read the very first post in this thread?
4K @ 30 Fps, 2K7 @ 60 Fps, check the specs for more info.

I did, but some reviewers who had the Mavic Air said it was 4K 60 FPS, and I even asked, and they confirmed it. I guess we’ll have to wait for the Mavic Pro 2
2018-1-29
Use props
bobsma
lvl.4

United States

EranR Posted at 2018-1-28 22:15
Obviously it's not a good name for selling this drone, but I call it as I see it.
I would replace my Mavic Pro with a Mavic Air. It's a downgrade.

The Mavic Air has a better camera. nice try though.

so if I had the Mavic Air. I would Never downgrade to the Mavic Pro.  I would wait for the New Mavic Pro 2 to come out.

sorry. I call it as I see it.

2018-1-29
Use props
Ste_427
lvl.4
Italy

KedDK Posted at 2018-1-29 05:32
Yes most countries has the VLOS rule but sometimes like in the scenario below where i am confident that no helicopters or other obstacles will be in the way i find it more secure to be BVLOS for a short time than risk falling if i was about to run around after the craft in order to keep up with the VLOS rules.
Having good trnasmission power is a must even in short range to ensure not loosing connection, below there is very much material from one side to the other.

I understand your point. (oh and great photo!)

Yesterday I saw a review on youtube, the guy started to loose signal at exactly 2,0 km of distance from the starting point. It was in a pretty ideal situation, but it made me feel confident

Still no news from the shop anyway
2018-1-30
Use props
djiuser_RIEhFUgjoFSN
lvl.1
United States

I ordered and paid for the Mavic Air Fly More Combo last week.  How long does it take DJI to ship the Mavic Air's?
2018-1-30
Use props
browndroneboy
lvl.3
Canada

I also placed my order 3 days ago can someone speed up my order please

order number  0012988860265
2018-1-30
Use props
CSMelzer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 182808 ft
United States

djiuser_RIEhFUgjoFSN Posted at 2018-1-30 11:38
I ordered and paid for the Mavic Air Fly More Combo last week.  How long does it take DJI to ship the Mavic Air's?

I ordered the flymore onyx on the 27th then added select. mine shipped last night
2018-1-30
Use props
Ste_427
lvl.4
Italy

I bought it the first day (23) and still not shipped
2018-1-30
Use props
Sparkflyer
lvl.2

United States

Unfortunately, the red is not widely available yet, at least in USA.  I wanted to pre-order from Best Buy online, but they only have the white and black versions - I like the idea of replaceable covers.

How about skins that a user can apply? like high visibility orange, or other fluorescent colors?  Does anybody know of any available for purchase, for this drone?

While we're at it, how about high visibility props?  There are some for other DJI models, but their quality is not establishedb-I prefer to use only DJI parts.
2018-1-30
Use props
fans5636e4a3
lvl.1

Greece

Can I buy one from Greece? The dji official Page only let me to order in USA.
2018-1-31
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

bobsma Posted at 2018-1-29 19:13
The Mavic Air has a better camera. nice try though.

so if I had the Mavic Air. I would Never downgrade to the Mavic Pro.  I would wait for the New Mavic Pro 2 to come out.

Where I come from the more expensive the product the more prestigious it is. How can paying £430 more for something be considered a downgrade? And all I can see in your profile is that you don't own any drones... So how can you compare anything when you've never even activated a DJI drone let alone flown one to compare LOL
2018-1-31
Use props
Tom_A
lvl.4
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-31 13:44
Where I come from the more expensive the product the more prestigious it is. How can paying £430 more for something be considered a downgrade? And all I can see in your profile is that you don't own any drones... So how can you compare anything when you've never even activated a DJI drone let alone flown one to compare LOL

It's almost a crossgrade. The Mavic Pro's battery time and better range are the things though that do make the Mavic Pro an upgrade.  I just received my new Mavic Air. I decided to go with the Air because I liked the new features and slightly smaller size. I didn't want to pay the extra for the Mavic Pro. I bet the Mavic Pro 2 looks like a larger version of the Mavic Air or at least has some of the newer design improvements. I'm not patient enough to wait for that.

I haven't had a chance yet for a test flight, but the thing is beautifully designed. Could have chosen a better name for it though, but not Spark Pro either. They should have called it the DJI Bolt.
2018-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules