Hope you guys like it

2018-1-23
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

looks like a spark, flies like a spark................................it is a spark
2018-1-23
Use props
Bigga J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1493 ft
United Kingdom

Nice review .... It's a neat little drone if a little misleading in it's name. It's more a 3 axis gimbal Spark with updates to camera, speed, features and flight time.

2018-1-23
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

Great video! I skipped a little, but really enjoyed your perspective. Looks like a great purchase, hope you enjoy yours.
Guess I have one question: Do you think this is an upgrade to the Mavic Pro? To me it seems like it's between the Mavic and Spark, being much closer to the Mavic. Thanks!
2018-1-23
Use props
Yunior
lvl.2
Flight distance : 95 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am so disappointed right now. Was really expecting an upgraded Mavic Pro. Instead we get this basically upgraded Spark. Been waiting for more than 1 year to get upgraded Mavic Pro with hopefully a camera as powerful as Phantom 4 pro and maybe an integrated screen with controller so that we don't have to be using phones or tablets. Guess will now have to wait another year.

SO DISAPOINTED!!!!!
2018-1-23
Use props
yuumee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1039029 ft
Taiwan

You should highlight issues/things you didn't like so much about it.
2018-1-23
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

yuumee Posted at 2018-1-23 08:13

They don't send out these toys ahead of time for that, lol.
2018-1-23
Use props
yuumee
lvl.2
Taiwan

Yunior Posted at 2018-1-23 08:05
I am so disappointed right now. Was really expecting an upgraded Mavic Pro. Instead we get this basically upgraded Spark. Been waiting for more than 1 year to get upgraded Mavic Pro with hopefully a camera as powerful as Phantom 4 pro and maybe an integrated screen with controller so that we don't have to be using phones or tablets. Guess will now have to wait another year.

SO DISAPOINTED!!!!!

2018-1-23
Use props
Yunior
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

LMFAO.

Basically how I feel right now.
2018-1-23
Use props
fans7c5aa1cf
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7274 ft
  • >>>
United States

WOW.....That's a great looking spark!
2018-1-23
Use props
Anita_Holder
lvl.2

Germany

Thank you very much! Interesting and good Video!
2018-1-23
Use props
Yunior
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

yuumee Posted at 2018-1-23 08:13

1.It still has Wifi connection. (Not even Lightbridge)

2.Camera specs are still not as good as Mavic. (Basically upgraded Spark camera.)

3.Less flight time than a Mavic.

4. Way to small and light, which I'm sure it is able to hold its own in light winds, but we all know it will not hold heavy winds like a Mavic or Phantom can.

5. Price is almost same as a Mavic and yet Mavic is almost 2 years old and is around the same price range and has better camera and controller.

Hence, this is why I say it is just an upgraded Spark. It may have a lot of cool new gadgets, but it is no Mavic.

It's still a nice little drone, but not worth it at all based on the specs it has and what is already available.

A Mavic Pro 2 with a better camera like a Phantom 4 Pro or better and an integrated screen on the controller would have been a big update. If they can just make the controller 1 piece with it's own screen so that we don't have to be plugging in a phone or tablet every time would be a big upgrade. Kind of like the Phantom 4 Pro+ but better.

I'm pretty sure DJI will come out with the Mavic Pro 2 someday, but I was just hoping it would have been today.
2018-1-23
Use props
yuumee
lvl.2
Taiwan

Yunior Posted at 2018-1-23 08:31

2.Camera specs are still not as good as Mavic. (Basically upgraded Spark camera.)

Same thoughts here, same thoughts. I also don't feel this is in any way an upgraded Mavic Pro, it's just a better Spark.

Still waiting for a true successor to Mavic Pro in similar form factor.
2018-1-23
Use props
CHEOLK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5299 ft
Singapore

Mavic Air, I thought It is Pan Am or Qantas, or Air Malaysia or Air Vietnam.

DJI should have included the back vision for Mavic Pro. It is still PRO.

Spark has been upgraded to AIR.

Mavic Air is still not as good as Pro. The pricing tells you so. The Platinum model is also nuts. Nothing great.

DJI is just trying to market one version/model with a little variations here and there.
2018-1-23
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks impressive for it's price point and a serious upgrade on the Spark though more of a 'Spark Pro' IMO than a smaller Mavic.
2018-1-23
Use props
Pumavic
lvl.3
United States

CHEOLK Posted at 2018-1-23 09:26
Mavic Air, I thought It is Pan Am or Qantas, or Air Malaysia or Air Vietnam.

DJI should have included the back vision for Mavic Pro. It is still PRO.

Yep, it's a total Apple move...the Air is the "S" model of the Spark and the Platinum is the "S" model of the Mavic Pro...
2018-1-23
Use props
fans2e2a5b0a
lvl.1
Canada

Why dont all 4 legs fold??
2018-1-23
Use props
fans2e2a5b0a
lvl.1
Canada

fans2e2a5b0a Posted at 2018-1-23 10:52

Seriously...don't designers fly drones? You need better ground clearance and air flow. 2legs is only half measured.
2018-1-23
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A view on Pricing

I have just bought a Mavic Air in the UK and would have normally bought the Fly More Combo at
2018-1-27
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A view on Pricing

I have just bought a Mavic Air in the UK and would have normally have bought the Fly More Combo at £949 but I could only get the £769 option so was initially disappointed. I think however I have just saved myself about £40 - £100. Here is my reasoning. If you look at what you get in the two options you are only missing the following from the Flymore:

2 Battteries - 2 @ £69 = £138
Bag                           Say    £ 15 but I don't want this as will buy a better one later anyway
More Extra props       £16  Not needed in my view
Charging Hub            £ 39  Not needed as you get a charger and this only charges sequentially anyway
Adapter for Charger   Say £10

So to fully get to the Flymore cost this would be £769 + the above at £218 = £987 max

Given that I don't want the bag, Extra Extra props or Hub my total will be £769 + £ 138 = £907.

I even think I will be happy with one extra Battery so £769 + £69 (Probably discounted later also) = £838

QED as I used to say in Physics

What do others think

Dennis
2018-1-27
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans2e2a5b0a Posted at 2018-1-23 10:52

All 4 arms do fold
2018-1-28
Use props
fansf1ecbc8e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20256 ft
Canada

Bigga J Posted at 2018-1-23 07:54
Nice review .... It's a neat little drone if a little misleading in it's name. It's more a 3 axis gimbal Spark with updates to camera, speed, features and flight time.

It has a better camera, sensors, gimble and speed than a Mavic Pro. It's a little more than a Spark Pro.
2018-1-31
Use props
Bigga J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1493 ft
United Kingdom

fansf1ecbc8e Posted at 2018-1-31 06:18
It has a better camera, sensors, gimble and speed than a Mavic Pro. It's a little more than a Spark Pro.

Which is exactly what I would expect for an updated model ... hence why it is my view it is more aligned to being an upgraded Spark ..... when the upgraded Mavic 2 (or whatever it will be named) comes out with greater speed, better camera, all round sensors and a load of other features the Air doesn't have ... what will they call it? .... perhaps a 'P4P obsidian S'.

You cannot get away from the fact the Air has blurred the boundaries between the Spark and the MP but doesn't trump the MP in all areas only a few ... there is some debate over whether the camera is actually better, some who are better qualified than me would suggest the sensor is not as good thereby making it a lower grade camera despite the better frame rate.

Hence, why I refer to this drone being more aligned to a Spark with a few upgrades that the new Mavic will not only get but improve on I would guess.
2018-2-2
Use props
fans701299a2
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yunior Posted at 2018-1-23 08:31

I bought an Air for when I don't want to carry  P4 Pro. Air is so small you really can carry it everywhere, whereas carrying P4 Pro you're on a mission.

It's horrible to fly due to the laggy Wifi and connection breaks, especially the europe version.

I should have waited for Mavic Pro 2 but then we don't know when that comes
2018-4-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules