How often should I calibrate the gimbal on my mavic?
2133 6 2018-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
noobdronies
New
Canada

Hi there,

I've had my mavic for about a year now, and I don't fly it often (probably once a month).
Lately, I've noticed that everytime I whip it out, my gimbal is out of control and vibrates agressively.
The first time it happened, I was so scared it was broken, but then I calibrated the gimbal and it was fine.
However, I feel like i have to calibrate my gimbal everytime I fly it now.
(the gimbal goes bezerk mostly when I put it in portrait mode)

Please advise. Let me know your experiences!

Many thanks,

noobdronie
2018-1-23
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

I haven't seen this myself but have read of others here encountering such. That said, I've yet to use portrait mode. Are you using the latest firmware and Go 4?
2018-1-23
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Captain
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I've got about 18hrs of flight time & 115 flights and have never calibrated the gimbal.
2018-1-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey there, may I know what's the current firmware of the aircraft, controller and APP? Could you upload a short video for double check? Thank you in advance!
2018-1-28
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This sounds more like a software issue. I'd refresh the FW and calibrate the IMU followed by the gimbal and see if that improves it.
2018-1-29
Use props
fans0315c52d
lvl.1

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-28 23:16
Hey there, may I know what's the current firmware of the aircraft, controller and APP? Could you upload a short video for double check? Thank you in advance!

Hi, was this ever figured out? I’m having a similar problem.

Thanks
2019-6-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans0315c52d Posted at 6-4 03:43
Hi, was this ever figured out? I’m having a similar problem.

Thanks

Hi there, may I know which drone do you have, please? Could you please provide a screenshot of the error message in the app or upload a short video? I'll help you check it. Thank you in advance.
2019-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules