Drone Rwanda
1040 3 2018-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FITB 4
lvl.1
Canada

Hey Everyone

We go to Rwanda each year to film and have wanted SO BAD to bring a drone.  2 yrs ago they changed their drone laws and we couldn't fly last year despite bringing our Phantom 4.  We didnt want to risk it without proper documents.

Long story short, this year we were on it filled out all the forms, BUT now they want us to have a "Class 3 Medical License" ?? AKA what a pilot has to have to fly a plane.

Has anyone had recent experience flying in Rwanda and the process?

G
2018-1-23
Use props
the.little.elep
lvl.1

Hey - were you able to travel through Rwanda with your drone even if you didn't fly? I am going to Rwanda and Malawi, and while I know I can't fly in Rwanda, I know I can fly some places in Malawi. Wanted to know if I have it with me while entering Rwanda it will be confiscated. Any details you can share would be great!
2018-6-22
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

the.little.elep Posted at 2018-6-22 08:42
Hey - were you able to travel through Rwanda with your drone even if you didn't fly? I am going to Rwanda and Malawi, and while I know I can't fly in Rwanda, I know I can fly some places in Malawi. Wanted to know if I have it with me while entering Rwanda it will be confiscated. Any details you can share would be great!

Big risk - I wouldn't - seen a couple of posts of drones being confiscated there at customs.
2018-6-22
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

I heard that bribe money really helps there.  Take plenty and you will be fine.
2018-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules