Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Air - No Ocusync ?
2336 5 2018-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlanIRL
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5384 ft
Ireland

From what I can see the Mavic Air has no Ocusync, just much the same wifi connection as the spark.

Bulit in 8GB mem
4K video
21 min flight time

Those are about the extent of the advatages over the Spark. Not enough to tempt me into upgrading, and if I was getting my first drone tomorrow I think I'd still start with the Spark as reagards "bang for buck"
Ocysync would have tempted me, and the other advatages would be nice but Ocusync was really what I was hoping for with the Air. So still very content with my little Spark :-)

2018-1-23
Use props
Gunship9
Captain
United States

Same here.  I think the better link, dual compasses/IMU's, and the display on the remote would have tempted me.  A Mavic running on wifi links doesn't interest me.

The design goal really seemed to focus on throwing it into a pocket, the remote into another pocket, and launching for a few intelligent flight mode shots when you get to your place of interest.  A mission not too complex but very portable.
2018-1-23
Use props
TexasAerials
First Officer
Flight distance : 566952 ft
United States

You forget 3-axis gimbal and 24/25fps options. Also up to 120fps in 1080p. Also higher flight speeds.

The connection isn’t occusync but it does show a longer range than the spark, apparently due to the antennas being in the legs.

I think this is really what people were expecting from the spark, a smaller drone than mavic with similar video capability but less flight time and speed.
2018-1-23
Use props
Oracle Miata
Captain
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

TexasAerials Posted at 2018-1-23 12:29
You forget 3-axis gimbal and 24/25fps options. Also up to 120fps in 1080p. Also higher flight speeds.

The connection isn’t occusync but it does show a longer range than the spark, apparently due to the antennas being in the legs.

I think it's actually faster then a Mavic Pro.  I am gonna take a wait and see approach on this one.  Owning both the Spark and Mavic Pro, I don't know what this brings to the table that I can't live without.
2018-1-23
Use props
AlanIRL
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5384 ft
Ireland

Yehh the 3 axis is nice, but the extra fps options and 4k and higher flight speeds don't do anything for me. I have 4k cameras, GoPro and Cannon ect and in reality for most projects I end up downscalling anyway to make final file sizes acceptable for online applications and so on. I'm not making anything for professional applications so 4K is often just overkill. All in all the Air wouldn't tempt me into splashing out the extra cash for my end use. Spark is more than capable of doing what I need. If I was upgrading I would have to just jump straight to Mavic, not much more expensive than Air.
2018-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules