30270 23 2018-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
iAmChrisStone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2283609 ft
  • >>>
United States

So, how does the camera and footage of the Air compare to the MP and the P4P?  What about specs compared?
Thanks, guys!
2018-1-23
Use props
nottuppaware
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70745 ft
Australia

As it has been just released wait a couple of weeks :-)
2018-1-23
Use props
iAmChrisStone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2283609 ft
  • >>>
United States

nottuppaware Posted at 2018-1-23 15:10
As it has been just released wait a couple of weeks :-)

yeah.  i was hoping someone has compared the specs.  i'm really hoping for something with the image quality as the phantom 4 pro, but i'm doubtful.  from specs i'm thinking it looks about the MP. but wanted opinion from some that are better at understanding info like that than i
2018-1-23
Use props
nottuppaware
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70745 ft
Australia

iAmChrisStone Posted at 2018-1-23 18:28
yeah.  i was hoping someone has compared the specs.  i'm really hoping for something with the image quality as the phantom 4 pro, but i'm doubtful.  from specs i'm thinking it looks about the MP. but wanted opinion from some that are better at understanding info like that than i

Judging on the specs alone it has a newer sensor thats the same size as the mavic pro, but a higher bitrate at 100mbit @ 4k. That alone should see an improvement over the Mavic Pro.

BUT not known is that if it can use colour profiles like the Mavic (the spark can't). The MP for photos is the same. No its nothing near the p4p.
2018-1-23
Use props
Greg.C
lvl.2
Australia

Why can't the mavic Pro do 100mb/s like, did they really cut that many short cuts with it or intentionally cripple it in this regard to sell the Air more? compared to the Air, there isn't much "ro" about the MP now
2018-1-24
Use props
BengalBoy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11134446 ft
  • >>>
United States

Casey reviews Mavic Air and compares footage to Phantom 4 Pro and Mavic Pro....  
2018-1-24
Use props
Bigga J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1493 ft
United Kingdom

Are these paid adverts or completely free of any agenda? It looks like a neat drone, well thought out and most likely fun to fly .... it is not however, the Mavic upgrade most were expecting/hoping for. Some decent footage can be had which is a real plus but Wi-Fi connection!!!! what were DJI thinking?
2018-1-24
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

2018-1-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

BengalBoy Posted at 2018-1-24 00:40
Casey reviews Mavic Air and compares footage to Phantom 4 Pro and Mavic Pro....  https://youtu.be/OdUryRvNmgs

Mavic Air looks less sharp to my eyes.
Not sure if that is due to some pre production model version or something else.
Waiting for some more side by side comparisons.
2018-1-25
Use props
BengalBoy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11134446 ft
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-1-25 00:30
Mavic Air looks less sharp to my eyes.
Not sure if that is due to some pre production model version or something else.
Waiting for some more side by side comparisons.

Agreed!  Need more comparison vids from production samples.
2018-1-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

BengalBoy Posted at 2018-1-27 12:34
Agreed!  Need more comparison vids from production samples.

Yes. Possibly from real buyers
2018-1-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, you can go to the official web and get the specs comparison, this is the address: https://www.dji.com/products/com ... ndsite&from=nav
Hope it helps.
2018-1-28
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Always best to judge the capabilities of a drone by flying it rather than watching someone else fly it on a video and reading a load of specs.
2018-1-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

iAmChrisStone Posted at 2018-1-23 18:28

Check the DJI page.
It has a great comparison tool.
https://www.dji.com/products/com ... ndsite&from=nav
2018-1-29
Use props
info38
lvl.1
South Africa

http://www.capetowntours.photogr ... arison-review-2018/
2018-1-29
Use props
Infosmercial
lvl.1

United States

info38 Posted at 2018-1-29 21:46
http://www.capetowntours.photography/dji-mavic-air-comparison-review-2018/

This is a really great article. It puts a lot of things into perspective that I haven't seen anyone else mention yet like the weight of the batteries.

Thanks for posting it.
2018-1-29
Use props
KREMi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

yep, thx for link, usefull
2018-1-31
Use props
EQBView
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14255190 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here is a VERY detailed comparison . . . shows stills pulled from the video of the products . . . impressive information ~   
2018-1-31
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

EQBView Posted at 2018-1-31 20:45
Here is a VERY detailed comparison . . . shows stills pulled from the video of the products . . . impressive information ~   

Very good review and no surprise with the P4P - the camera is amazing for it's price point - shame it sounds like a power drill 400' feet up though. The Mavic Air shows impressive stills and footage and that extra 40MBPS is noticeable but a shame it is a WiFi only drone with a flight time of <20 minutes in the real world. The images from the Mavic Pro are expectedly better than the Spark but do seem to fall short a little against the Air - but OcuSync and 25 minute, very quiet flight times (platinum) do make up for it. Overall, I would love to see a 1" sensor on a Mavic with OcySync. I'd buy it today.
2018-2-1
Use props
Sebb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 498199 ft
  • >>>
Germany

EQBView Posted at 2018-1-31 20:45

too bad they only compared a photo and a dark sunset scene...

when comparing P4pro footage with all the others you first of all realize that it looks much more natural and less digital... more DSLR and less cellphone.

bitrate may be responsible, but also sensor size. and it would be interesting to see how much the Air with high bitrate but only small sensor (yet P4pro ISP) can catch up.Still waiting to find real side-by-side comparison with more typical footage, like city or nature during daylight.

here is another First Impressions from Nino Leitner that suggests IQ is really quite good:

2018-2-1
Use props
EQBView
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14255190 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sebb Posted at 2018-2-1 04:48
too bad they only compared a photo and a dark sunset scene...

when comparing P4pro footage with all the others you first of all realize that it looks much more natural and less digital... more DSLR and less cellphone.

I've seen plenty of comparison in lighting conditions you mention.  I suspect the author of that video chose low light is for two reasons.  1) best way to show where the sensor can't keep up (noise) even with high write speed with a better sensor and 2) most likely doesn't have ND filter, which really makes it tough on cameras with no aperture adjustment.   The MVAs is getting so much buzz because of its video quality, then of course all the other things, size, speed, sensors.  DJI has raised the bar a little more it seems ~
2018-2-2
Use props
Alberto83
New

Spain

Hi, with the latest DJI Go 4 version 4.2.5 and latest firmware installed on Mavic Pro, the drone can't connect to my iphone with software 11.2.5, any solutions for that?
2018-2-5
Use props
Sebb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 498199 ft
  • >>>
Germany

EQBView Posted at 2018-2-2 15:27
I've seen plenty of comparison in lighting conditions you mention.  I suspect the author of that video chose low light is for two reasons.  1) best way to show where the sensor can't keep up (noise) even with high write speed with a better sensor and 2) most likely doesn't have ND filter, which really makes it tough on cameras with no aperture adjustment.   The MVAs is getting so much buzz because of its video quality, then of course all the other things, size, speed, sensors.  DJI has raised the bar a little more it seems ~

yea but lets face it - 1 2/3" sensor low light is just not an option. and it s not gonna magically be better than P4 by 3 stops...

it s the first time they have coupled 1 2/3" sensor with 100Mbit and updated ISP. thats gonna make a difference in detail, movement and color, but not low light.

i ve also found some good comparisons and am really impressed with the image. my Mavic is going on sale
2018-2-5
Use props
SebastianShaw
lvl.1

Georgia

Highest Quality on Mavic Air is I think 4K Ultra HD: 3840 x 2160 30p where Phantom 4 Pro can go as high as C4K: 4096×2160 60p 100Mbps H.264. And here's Mavic Pro - 4096×2160 24p. Surely, Phantom 4 Pro's quality is the best, but all these drones have incredible capabilities. Despite the quality, as a whole, I think one has to choose between Mavic Air and Phantom 4 Pro. Still, if you're looking for the deeper comparisons of DJI Mavic Air vs Phantom 4 Pro try to review Pros and Cons and analyze what you need. Hope it helps!
2018-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules