Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Precise Fly Safe Database Update
46556 39 2018-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JensIR
lvl.3
Flight distance : 207631 ft
  • >>>
Norway

The Go 4 app has periodically been nagging me about an update to the "Precise Fly Safe Database".
So I just started that update, but it seems not to be making any progress, after a looong time it still says 0%. I am starting to fear the Mavic will run out of bettery before it finishes.
So how long is this supposd to take? I have a fast internet connection (100mB/s), the recent firmware update downloaded in just a minute or two.
Can I just abort this if it does not finish?
And if I am unable to finish the update, is there a risk that the app suddenly decides to ground my aircraft, like I have read happens to some other Mavic owners if they defer firmware updates?

2018-1-23
Use props
JensIR
lvl.3
  • >>>
Norway

So I eventually I just aborted the update, shut down everything and restarted everything. And this time I got no nag screen about the databse. And if I enter into the About menu and select the "check for updates" button for the database it says it is the latest version. Something seems not right......  Either ithe update finished without repoting it (froze on 0%) or there was no update from the beginning. Either way it looks like buggy software to me.
2018-1-23
Use props
djiuser_tE9KGNg
New
United States

JensIR Posted at 2018-1-23 15:29
So I eventually I just aborted the update, shut down everything and restarted everything. And this time I got no nag screen about the databse. And if I enter into the About menu and select the "check for updates" button for the database it says it is the latest version. Something seems not right......  Either ithe update finished without repoting it (froze on 0%) or there was no update from the beginning. Either way it looks like buggy software to me.

I'm having the same issue....
2018-1-23
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

It seems to be pretty common (I've had it several times at different updates).  The progress bar seems to stall, but when you finally give up, and reboot, it is fine.  Now and then, it actually does hang up and have to restart, but most of the time it just updates.  I give it LOTS of time when it hangs, just in case it isn't quite finished.
2018-1-23
Use props
JensIR
lvl.3
  • >>>

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2018-1-23 20:30
It seems to be pretty common (I've had it several times at different updates).  The progress bar seems to stall, but when you finally give up, and reboot, it is fine.  Now and then, it actually does hang up and have to restart, but most of the time it just updates.  I give it LOTS of time when it hangs, just in case it isn't quite finished.

It seems your answer confirms my suspiscion that it is a case of poorly designed software.....
2018-1-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi JensIR, may I have a screenshot of the version info on the app? Please connect the drone, RC and app, Go Fly, General Settings, About. Thank you very much.
2018-1-29
Use props
Tobys Spark
New

Switzerland

I have the same problem since yesterday. Using a samsung note 8.
2018-1-29
Use props
JensIR
lvl.3
  • >>>

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-29 00:15
Hi JensIR, may I have a screenshot of the version info on the app? Please connect the drone, RC and app, Go Fly, General Settings, About. Thank you very much.

Hi Thor,
I am unable to give any screenshot at the moment, since I have switched over to an iOS device (iPad Mini), so I no longer have the device in question available with the app installed.
In any case this was not a big issue for me, since it appears like the database actually was updated even if it never retported the process as finished. It is just a bit annoying when software is not giving the correct feedback to the user.
I will report again if the issue repeats itself the next time an update is available.
I see many people, both here in the forum and other places, that seems to have the same or similar issue. Would be interesting to know if they are using IOS or Android devices.
2018-1-29
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have had similar issues with the "Precise Fly Safe Database" saying it required an update but then not updating.  Experienced this several times this evening and after the 6th or 7th try it finally worked.  

Finally got to work by updating from the DJI GO APP, Under GENERAL SETTINGS, then ABOUT, then selecting the "Precise Fly Safe Database (For App)" option from this menu.  But even that took more than 1 attempt before it worked.   I attached a few screen shots while I was attempting the update.  Like I said, it did finally work but took several attempts.

2018-2-7
Use props
Brad2c
New
Australia

I've received a similar problem (done via the mobile phone when connected to the controller and connected to the drone) but the update wants me to connect my phone to the drone itself (it seems) to install the update. How in the hell do you do that while keeping it in the controller???
I've tried clicking the Ignore message and it just shows me the Ignore/Install Update message again. I've rebooted everything several times and still can't get rid of the install issue.

I can't fly the drone as it wants the update installed before it will let me fly it.

Just bought it a few days ago, eager to get it in the air and I'm blocked by a software update.

Screen shots are the same as RGMGFitness' above but the Updating appears to be for the controller. After the updating message I get the message to connect my phone to the drone.
I'll try get screen shots and post.
2018-2-25
Use props
jose guerreiro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 941755 ft
Portugal

I HAVE P4 PRO ... AND THE SAME PROBLEM...
2018-3-31
Use props
jose guerreiro
lvl.2
Portugal

im desapointed with DJI company.
i dispend 1500.00 € and have problems like this ????
2018-3-31
Use props
jose guerreiro
lvl.2
Portugal

dowloading 00% ... dont start...   :-(   ---  
DJI IS BAAADDDD
2018-3-31
Use props
jose guerreiro
lvl.2
Portugal

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-29 00:15
Hi JensIR, may I have a screenshot of the version info on the app? Please connect the drone, RC and app, Go Fly, General Settings, About. Thank you very much.

I HAVE P4 PRO ... AND THE SAME PROBLEM... can you help ??
dowload dont start ... stay in 00%
2018-3-31
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

jose guerreiro Posted at 2018-3-31 10:31

Could you please try another network connection? Or try to reinstall the latest app (back up the important files and sync the flight records first). If the issue persists, please provide me with the screenshot of the firmware info for further checking. Thank you.
2018-4-2
Use props
jose guerreiro
lvl.2
Portugal

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-4-2 00:13
Could you please try another network connection? Or try to reinstall the latest app (back up the important files and sync the flight records first). If the issue persists, please provide me with the screenshot of the firmware info for further checking. Thank you.

hello.
i can´t instal new app.
i have phantom 4 pro plus...
2018-4-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

jose guerreiro Posted at 2018-4-7 05:38
hello.
i can´t instal new app.
i have phantom 4 pro plus...

If it is a Phantom 4 Pro, please first ensure that the internet connection is working normally, try another network source. Or refresh the firmware via the SD card. See if it helps.
2018-4-8
Use props
djiuser_PEp4mLwh74c7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11597195 ft
  • >>>

jose guerreiro Posted at 2018-3-31 10:31

Hi, buddy,

I experienced the same problem, tried 100 times (more than 2 weeks) but didn't go through.  I tried this way and updated smoothly:

1. In DJI GO4, connect your RC to your home internet;
2. Connect the drone to RC,
3. Go to the fly page, then drone setting page at the most down, you can see "ABOUT" (there is a friend showed the picture above)
3. Check for update:  Precise Fly Safe Database (for craft), Precise Fly Safe Database (for APP);
4. Click each of them, you will easily get the drone and RC updated.

All just take few minutes.

Good luck!
2018-4-30
Use props
Daemon42
lvl.1
Flight distance : 105955 ft
United States

The procedure above *DOES NOT WORK* for everyone.
I was able to update the firmware by connecting my mobile device directly to the aircraft (although like many other people, it ran for over an hour, and never told me it was done, but now shows new version), but I cannot update the safe fly database the same way.
It prompts to update the Database every time I start the DJI GO 4 app, or go to General Settings - About and press either of the check for update buttons,  but when I connect to the aircraft to the phone it does nothing at all.
It doesn't start the update and then stall, it just does nothing.  
I've wasted hours dealing with this broken software, trying every suggestion to no avail.    About 10x longer than I've been able to fly this drone.

I finally got the aircraft's database to update by connecting to the aircraft from the computer using latest version of DJI Assistant but had to do one extra trick there to make it work.
I had to remove the SD card.  If I leave the SD card in the aircraft, the computer detects it as a broken USB drive and DJI Assistant sees nothing at all.   Remove the card and DJI Assistant  recognizes it as the P4A aircraft, and was then able to update the Aircraft's safe fly database.
Only then would pressing the "Check for Updates" button for "Precise Fly Safe Database (App)" update it on my phone.

But wait we're  still not done wasting time with this broken software.
On my Nvidia Shield tablet, which runs an older Android OS (no option to upgrade it), the DJI GO 4 app *still* continued to prompt me to update every time I connected to the aircraft and still does nothing at all when I connect it to the aircraft.  
The About menu showed the correct database version for the aircraft, but a much older version for the app.    And this version of DJI GO 4 does not have "Check for Updates" button in the About menu at all so no way to force it to update only the app.    I finally uninstalled DJI GO 4 app entirely, and reinstalled it, and apparently the latest installation has the updated database, because it finally stopped pestering me.

I'm about to go to a location with no internet access for the weekend, and I still give it about a 25% chance that it'll let me fly.
2018-5-3
Use props
ChavaLozVi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 89738 ft

Mexico

djiuser_PEp4mLwh74c7 Posted at 2018-4-30 16:51
Hi, buddy,

I experienced the same problem, tried 100 times (more than 2 weeks) but didn't go through.  I tried this way and updated smoothly:

Worked for me! Thanks!!!
2018-7-19
Use props
Mark Weiss
lvl.4
United States

Why would you want to update that database? It's what cripples your aircraft and prevents it from flying in an increasing number of locations, one of which might turn out to be your own backyard.
2018-9-1
Use props
Alex Batalov
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

I have exactly the same problem on ios, can’t update that database.
Although now I’m thinking if I should update it at all,
People are saying that it cripples your spark.

Fly safe.
Alex.
2018-9-1
Use props
frankencopter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 176936 ft
United States

The updated went well.  Minor unrelated glitch afterwards.  As always, restart all.  Good idea to recalibrate compass and double check no fly zones with AirMap or some other app to double check any new additions to the DJI database.
2018-9-1
Use props
Packer Backer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 240948 ft
United States

I tried to update and it failed. I just ignore it now
2018-9-1
Use props
Charissa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

I tried to update, several times, via my LTE Wi Fi connection, but it refused. As soon as i used my Mobile Data on the phone, it updated. Not sure if it will help anyone. Crap though, the Wi Fi is free, the mobile data is not.................
2018-9-2
Use props
Trampintransit
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256385 ft

The worry is that an un-updated app will prevent you from flying???

Anyway ..my P4 borked out when doing a firmware update on the controller about 6 months ago ...spend an entire WEEK trying to sort it but gave up ....only still flying because someone gave me a long term lend of a controller ..my original controller is a paperweight ...thanks DJI!!!!!

Anyway ...just had this preicise fly update warning.....basically I'm scared to ignore it in case it prevents me from flying one day. ...guess what ....repeated fails...and then the controller started going mental and sqwaking like injured parrot. Then ..nothing ...no connection ...no drone ....BORKED. Thanks again DJI !!!

Only thing that saved me was put aside the ipad, pick up an Acer tablet that had never had a DJI app on it, and load the DJI GO for drones since P4 ....now at least I seem to have a connection and no warning....I'll go fly it later today...it wouldn't surprise me one bit if it just flys itself into a tree ,refuses to take off or generally does something hideous.
2018-9-4
Use props
Landoman66
New

United States

Might fly safe database update worked; however I still have a message saying I need to update the fly safe database for app. It tells me every time that I need to connect the craft. I follow the proper steps to connected to the craft and  when I do connec to the craft, nothing happens And it keeps telling me I still need to connect to the craft
2018-10-27
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Still can’t update that precise fly safe database on both the spark and now the Mavic Pro, so I’m just skipping it from now on!!!
It doesn’t improve on anything at all anyways!

Fly safely all
Alex
2018-10-27
Use props
Anthony566
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2488944 ft
United Kingdom

I'm on an Android device and the update has always worked ok and only takes a few minutes.
2018-10-27
Use props
BrunoR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 107621 ft
Italy

I have the same problem with a Phantom 4 Professional Plus.

Version Check: Latest – V01.04.01.00
App: 4.2.6
Precise Fly Safe DB Aircraft: 01.00.01.09
Precise Fly Safe DB App: 01.00.01.09
Basic Fly Safe DB: 01.00.01.09

That's what is on screen:
"Precise Fly Safe Database Update - Connect aircraft to update your data."
Then i tap “Update” and it asks to "connect mobile device to aircraft with cable".
The point maybe is that that is no mobile, its a built in monitor on the Plus.
I plug it, tap Update, nothing happens.
No use to reinstall the firmware.
No use to try to do it by wi-fi.
It just do not update. It never did with no firmware update in more than 2 years.
I am authorized to fly near an airport with NOTAM and all and DJI recently updated the no fly zone geometry so I need it to work.
Especially considering that the P4+ was the top of its range when it came out and I am having (and I was forced to ignore it) this issue since I bought it, more than 2 years ago.
Now I'd really like to see a fix for that.
Or at least a workaround.
I've been patient but honestly grew tired to see Mavic treated  as the only king when I spent double money on this and no one even consider to release a fix despite all the users i keep reading reporting the same iussue.

Many thanks for your help.
2018-10-29
Use props
BrunoR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 107621 ft
Italy

Update: I can actually update by Assistant but the message appears at every boot.
Not so urgent, downgraded to annoying.
2018-10-29
Use props
fansd561be6e
New

United States

I wouldn't be in so much of a hurry to update this database-  in a lot of cases, it forces your drone to not be able to take off...  I was no longer able to take off from my house when I updated.  I downgraded, and was able to fly normally again.
2018-11-4
Use props
DakarDad
lvl.1
Flight distance : 149144 ft

United States

fansd561be6e Posted at 11-4 05:04
I wouldn't be in so much of a hurry to update this database-  in a lot of cases, it forces your drone to not be able to take off...  I was no longer able to take off from my house when I updated.  I downgraded, and was able to fly normally again.

Hello, this is exactly what happened to me. Just standing there with it saying that it cannot take off!
What exactly did you do to downgrade it? I don't want to brick anything.
Thanks for your time.
2018-11-17
Use props
djiuser_vQ0S9TPnj7M3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 149144 ft

United States

And why not limit altitude instead of not letting you take off at all!
2018-11-18
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

How to downgrade controller firmware , restore to factory defaults ?
2019-1-31
Use props
onehungrydog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 610164 ft
United States

RGMGFitness Posted at 2018-2-7 17:28
Have had similar issues with the "Precise Fly Safe Database" saying it required an update but then not updating.  Experienced this several times this evening and after the 6th or 7th try it finally worked.  

Finally got to work by updating from the DJI GO APP, Under GENERAL SETTINGS, then ABOUT, then selecting the "Precise Fly Safe Database (For App)" option from this menu.  But even that took more than 1 attempt before it worked.   I attached a few screen shots while I was attempting the update.  Like I said, it did finally work but took several attempts.

Thanks for this answer! Seems obvious but NOT!  Lol, worked for me, thanks thanks.....
2019-2-21
Use props
fans958ee7cc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 482 ft
New Zealand

Mark Weiss Posted at 2018-9-1 08:56
Why would you want to update that database? It's what cripples your aircraft and prevents it from flying in an increasing number of locations, one of which might turn out to be your own backyard.

I had the same problem with a brand New Mavic air, after the precise fly database update it wouldnt fly in my own back yard. After spending hours and a week trying to fly this aircraft I returned it to the shop I purchased it from as "not fit for purpose".
I bought another one and left it with the factory software and have no problems. The updates bring more headaches than fixes so dont update.
2019-3-31
Use props
j3n660
New
Flight distance : 38589 ft
Indonesia

Experienced same problem with spark. Found out that the update will success if controller connect to handphone using wifi, not OTG
2019-6-3
Use props
ericbrinkhorst0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1646299 ft
Netherlands

Increadible  but true.  If you give it a little time.  Put the micro usb's at it's place and let it be connected with the wifi hotspot bij a mobile phone , it works..  But with the wifi at home , it doesn't.  I do have a Phantom 4 pro+  
2020-9-10
Use props
ericbrinkhorst0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1646299 ft
Netherlands

djiuser_PEp4mLwh74c7 Posted at 2018-4-30 16:51
Hi, buddy,

for me it only works with a hotspot made by the cellphone.  ( pro4+ )
2020-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules