Strong gust blew Spark into river at take off
716 9 2018-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SunHeat
New
Flight distance : 22388 ft
United States

A strong sudden gust blew my Spark into Brisbane River when taking off during my time there... One second before there was no wind and then there was this totally unexpected sudden gust. Since the aricraft hadn't taken off (motor only just started and ready to take off) there was no flight record, but I do have previous flight record at the same location. Please let me know if I can get a discount for purchasing a new drone from DJI and what I need to provde. I do hope to go for an upgrade to your new Mavic Air Fly More Combo.
2018-1-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Sir, we sincerely apologize for the accident, unfortunately, if the accident was caused by pilot error and there was no flight records, the discount will not be provided, sorry for the trouble caused.
2018-1-23
Use props
SunHeat
New
Australia

What error are you talking about? I followed normal take off procedure. It was an unfortunate accident, not human error.
2018-1-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

SunHeat Posted at 2018-1-23 20:09
What error are you talking about? I followed normal take off procedure. It was an unfortunate accident, not human error.

Customer should be responsible for the flight environment, we apologize that the discount cannot be provided if the accident was not caused by product defect, besides, there is no accident flight record can be provided to prove the drone has malfunction, appreciate your understanding.
2018-1-23
Use props
SunHeat
New
Australia

It is at DJI's fault that the drone allowed handheld take-off, which results in a delay in flight record generation, and not processing the case like any other case where handheld take off is not supported.

It was an accident. The flight environment is perfectly find for take-off. I have previous flight record at the same spot during the same period of time on the same day to prove that the drone had flown OK prior to the accident.

You are making too many assumptions.
2018-1-24
Use props
SOUNDWAVE439
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115597 ft
United States

Sorry about that mate but in you case it sounds like you caused the problem. Why take off near a river? Can DJI control wind gusts? If so then it is our fault
2018-1-24
Use props
Sir_Edwardz
New

Antigua and Barbuda

do be careful in high winds
2018-1-24
Use props
SunHeat
New
Australia

SOUNDWAVE439 Posted at 2018-1-24 05:27
Sorry about that mate but in you case it sounds like you caused the problem. Why take off near a river? Can DJI control wind gusts? If so then it is our fault

The unexpected sudden gust caused the problem, not me. Check your policies again I'm pretty sure discount can be provided for such accidents.

Show me exactly where you manual instructions say do not take off near a river or stop questioning me. I never said that it's DJI's fault. It is you who keeps on talking about fault. I just want the discount. Remember, you were asking for flight records, now you are diverting the discussion by trying to point fingers like who's at fault. If that matters why did you reject me because of lack of flight record? You are totally messing with my head.

And just for the record, I wouldn't have flown the aircraft if there was high wind. There was no high wind. It was really bizarre that a gust could come so suddenly while so strong. It was not even for a second, but got the aircraft just as it was leaving my hand.
2018-1-24
Use props
dan_vector
Second Officer
Flight distance : 613753 ft
Oman

SunHeat Posted at 2018-1-24 14:37
The unexpected sudden gust caused the problem, not me. Check your policies again I'm pretty sure discount can be provided for such accidents.

Show me exactly where you manual instructions say do not take off near a river or stop questioning me. I never said that it's DJI's fault. It is you who keeps on talking about fault. I just want the discount. Remember, you were asking for flight records, now you are diverting the discussion by trying to point fingers like who's at fault. If that matters why did you reject me because of lack of flight record? You are totally messing with my head.

It's an unfortunate situation however nothing to do with DJI. The fact you took off next to a river means that you didn't survey the area and review all the possible issues that could arise which is an important part of the preflight checks. Unfortunately this is nothing more than pilot error just because you didn't physically fly the aircraft into the river a poor judgement and lack of proper preflight considerations caused the accident. I am sorry to say this isn't DJI's or anyone else's problem.

If you had DJI Care Refresh then that is the way you get a discounted price of a new one after a pilot error accident. Care refresh is useful insurance against issues like this.

In this case you've not a leg to stand on and the only way is to buy a new one  at regular retail price and learn from your errors of judgement this time around. Been there. Done that.
2018-1-25
Use props
SOUNDWAVE439
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115597 ft
United States

Sorry mate: PILOT ERROR
2018-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules