Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Phantom4 Firmware Released(v02.00.0700)
19089 201 2018-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Susan
Administrator

roovair Posted at 2018-1-29 12:47
Hmmm today`s problem on 0.700 with Fly Safe update.. On my 2 display devices and Assistant2..

[view_image][view_image][view_image]

Roovair, we've checked at our end, the DJI Assistant 2 works well. Please try to reinstall the Assistant to see whether it works. If still no helps, please try to export the log for analysis, thanks!

C: /Users/XXXXXX/AppData/Roaming/DJI Assistant 2/log
2018-1-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fanse7577920 Posted at 2018-1-26 11:01
What  about panorama mode in P4? Mavic Pro,  P4P dam shot panorama, what about Phantom 4? The firmware  update  it will  be avalible ? I need  to sale old  drone and  buy  New model?

This request has been forwarded to our engineers for review. Hope they can consider in the future.
2018-1-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-1-29 19:47
Thanks. I note that Assistant 2 v1.2.2 is now available. I'll test with that version to see if the issue I had with v1.1.8 and v1.2.0 still exists.

But can I confirm, DJI Susan - you're typically after the relevant file in \upgrade_logs, and not \logs. The reason I ask is that files in the first are encoded, whereas files in the second are in plain text.

There are two logs. If the firmware list can not be displayed, the log from this pathway is required(C: /Users/XXXXXX/AppData/Roaming/DJI Assistant 2/log). If the firmware upgrade is not successful, then the upgrade log will be needed.
2018-1-30
Use props
nikolaous
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1068894 ft
Greece

Today I also had my first flight with v700.I didn't like it for three reasons. 1The plane was shaking as a two_stroke motorbike of the 70s. 2 The Rth button returned the aircraft 2 meters far from the take off point 3 Very poor reception of video signal on my samsung tab 4. I will try to downgrade. What was the best old firmware ? Thanks
2018-1-30
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
First Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-1-29 19:47
Thanks. I note that Assistant 2 v1.2.2 is now available. I'll test with that version to see if the issue I had with v1.1.8 and v1.2.0 still exists.

But can I confirm, DJI Susan - you're typically after the relevant file in \upgrade_logs, and not \logs. The reason I ask is that files in the first are encoded, whereas files in the second are in plain text.

Where did you find Assistant 2 version 1.2.2 ?  

All I see is version 1.2.0 which has the update problem for Windows.
2018-1-30
Use props
THE PHANTOM 4 OF THE LOVE SHACK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1602215 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks DJI for updating the DJI Go 4 app.  My Phantom 4 controller will now connect with the Phantom 4.  Before today, due to iOS 11.2.5 I could not connect.  Thanks again!!!
2018-1-30
Use props
jackodogandroid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60371 ft
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2018-1-30 07:54
Where did you find Assistant 2 version 1.2.2 ?  

All I see is version 1.2.0 which has the update problem for Windows.

I FOUND 1.2.2 HERE

https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads
2018-1-30
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
First Officer
United States

jackodogandroid Posted at 2018-1-30 09:53
I FOUND 1.2.2 HERE

https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads

Thanks!  

Downloading now.  A big exe file too.
2018-1-30
Use props
roovair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 473950 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-29 23:52
Roovair, we've checked at our end, the DJI Assistant 2 works well. Please try to reinstall the Assistant to see whether it works. If still no helps, please try to export the log for analysis, thanks!

C: /Users/XXXXXX/AppData/Roaming/DJI Assistant 2/log

Strange things happened today:

uninstalled Assistant2 v.1.1.2, reset comp, install Ass2 v.1.2.2 and after aircraft connected proper no information about new Fly Safe database.. Then reinstall Go 4 on my both display devices and as manual guide me: RC on, P4 on, wait 30s, display to RC, DJI Go.. and no "Go Fly"!

Also have a question for u as an expert: so our logs in *.txt format are something like Flight Data Recorders from normal big Aircrafts?
2018-1-30
Use props
skyguy17
lvl.4
Flight distance : 190745 ft
United Kingdom

roovair Posted at 2018-1-29 12:47
Hmmm today`s problem on 0.700 with Fly Safe update.. On my 2 display devices and Assistant2..

[view_image][view_image][view_image]

Hi Roovair

I have encounter the same issue with the .00.0700 update. I’m using an iMac via the latest Assisstant 2 apps.  Which I redownloaded after removing the older s/w.  Firmware loaded OK and the P4 rebooted after 100% update step.  When I tried the database I see the same warning message about the update failed try again.
2018-1-30
Use props
fansb885c69e
Second Officer
Flight distance : 349419 ft
Canada

So I installed the new firmware for my phantom 4 along with the DJI app updates and everything worked fine. I went off on two short flights, 1000 meters,  about the hood for a test. I lost video signal, green bars, on my iPad mini 3 but the feed was fine using my iPhone 6s. I will test further when the weather improves. I don't think the old iPad 3 has the power to process the data anymore with all the DJIGo updates.

Drone on
2018-1-30
Use props
Kokok
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1802159 ft
Philippines

Hi everyone,

I've installed the latest firmware on my p4 a couple of days ago and everything went smoothly. I downloaded and installed the firmware via DJI go 4 app (latest version) using my iPad mini 4 running ios 11.1.2 and the process was straight forward. After installing, i turned off everything and did a firmware refresh on the rest of my batteries but this time, I did them via DJI Assistant 2 (latest version) on a win7 32bit machine. Again, it was a fairly straight forward process, no difficulties encountered.

After the firmware refresh, I performed VPS calibration. The 1st run, the app froze so i had to shut it down and restart again. 2nd time it froze again. The 3rd time was successful though. Performed an IMU, gimbal and compass calibration before proceeding with the test flights.

3 test flights were performed under deteriorating weather, mild to strong breeze and rain clouds above just about to pour.  The flight performance improved from the last firmware. The wobbling during hard braking is now gone. Full pitch forward would no longer result in the propellers showing up on the screen. Hovering is stable, no unwanted movements.

On the previous firmware, I was averaging around 300m range in the location where I frequently fly in (due to interference in the area). With the new firmware, i got to about 700m. I will test the range again this weekend when I have the chance to go out to a proper flying field.

Running the motors with propellers detached and the p4 sitting on the work bench, i did hear a bit of vibration which was not there prior to the update. No observable wobble or vibration from the motor shafts and the motor housing/bell. Has anyone observed this also?

I will test the range, flight modes, and camera performance this weekend on a proper flying field and will revert here for results.

So far, I am quite happy with the new update and have regained a bit of confidence with the p4. I hope DJI would continue to improve its customer support.

Thank you.
2018-1-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

nikolaous Posted at 2018-1-30 06:14
Today I also had my first flight with v700.I didn't like it for three reasons. 1The plane was shaking as a two_stroke motorbike of the 70s. 2 The Rth button returned the aircraft 2 meters far from the take off point 3 Very poor reception of video signal on my samsung tab 4. I will try to downgrade. What was the best old firmware ? Thanks

Hey Nikolaous, regarding the shaking issue, could you export the flight log when the issue happened? We'd like to check the exact status.

2018-1-30
Use props
skyguy17
lvl.4
United Kingdom

skyguy17 Posted at 2018-1-30 15:03
Hi Roovair

I have encounter the same issue with the .00.0700 update. I’m using an iMac via the latest Assisstant 2 apps.  Which I redownloaded after removing the older s/w.  Firmware loaded OK and the P4 rebooted after 100% update step.  When I tried the database I see the same warning message about the update failed try again.

Screen shots of the messages in the Assistant 2 App.  Does not loading the DB have any impact on flying the p4?
Thanks...

2018-1-31
Use props
fans1f690efe
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-30 18:17
Hey Nikolaous, regarding the shaking issue, could you export the flight log when the issue happened? We'd like to check the exact status.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMb1RD5pPOg

DJI Susan, There's definitely a motor shake, vibration from the motors after latest firmware update.. I managed to get most of the vibration out by going into basic gain setting and changing the yaw setting from 100% to 80%, but the shake hasn't completely gone. Unfortunately iam unable to sent flight logs at the moment as my PC is down.
2018-1-31
Use props
owiecPL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 112805 ft
Singapore

Confirm shaking motors when craft has turned on motors with propellers.
I'm curious who will pay me for destroy craft due to crappy firmware which can destroy motors after warranty.
2018-1-31
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
First Officer
United States

Balance your props?  Mine needed a bit of sanding.
2018-1-31
Use props
fans1f690efe
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2018-1-31 12:32
Balance your props?  Mine needed a bit of sanding.

It's noting to do with the props, I've used them before without any problems. It's the latest firmware causing this issue
2018-1-31
Use props
owiecPL
Second Officer
Singapore

I won't sanding my propellers - they worked fine on previous firmware.
It's definitely firmware reason - again(!)
2018-1-31
Use props
Pareja IV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1084961 ft
Spain

The same vibration here without props. I haven't done a flight test yet
2018-1-31
Use props
fans7f228480
lvl.1
Flight distance : 995259 ft
United Kingdom

HI boys and girl, I have updated the firmware from ... 0602 to ... 700 using the DJI GO 4 app on a IPAD AIR 2 with no issues, though i did see a warning at 85% saying that this connection was unsuitable but that went away in the end and it installed the firmware update to 100%, now the flight test will confirm if this is flying as before with everything stable or if we have to go back to a downgraded Firmware.
The DGI App = 4.2.4
Aircraft    = 02.00.0700
Remote Cont =1.9.3
2018-1-31
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans7f228480 Posted at 2018-1-31 17:09
HI boys and girl, I have updated the firmware from ... 0602 to ... 700 using the DJI GO 4 app on a IPAD AIR 2 with no issues, though i did see a warning at 85% saying that this connection was unsuitable but that went away in the end and it installed the firmware update to 100%, now the flight test will confirm if this is flying as before with everything stable or if we have to go back to a downgraded Firmware.
The DGI App = 4.2.4
Aircraft    = 02.00.0700

iOS DJI Go 4 is now at V4.2.5.
2018-1-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans1f690efe Posted at 2018-1-31 08:20
DJI Susan, There's definitely a motor shake, vibration from the motors after latest firmware update.. I managed to get most of the vibration out by going into basic gain setting and changing the yaw setting from 100% to 80%, but the shake hasn't completely gone. Unfortunately iam unable to sent flight logs at the moment as my PC is down.

Sorry to hear this. We'd like to help if more data can be offered, please kindly check whether it is available to borrow a PC. To ensure the safety, I'd not suggest to fly any more.
2018-2-1
Use props
fans1f690efe
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

Thanks for getting back DJI Susan. It seems other people are having the same vibration issue
2018-2-1
Use props
skyguy17
lvl.4
United Kingdom

skyguy17 Posted at 2018-1-31 00:28
Screen shots of the messages in the Assistant 2 App.  Does not loading the DB have any impact on flying the p4?
Thanks...

In case anyone is interested I downloaded the V1.22 of the OSX app as posted by someone on this forum in this thread (it is from the Mavic download page) and re-ran the download for the Database.  

This has just completed the download and updated the file on the P4 so I no longer have this issue.
2018-2-1
Use props
Vendex
First Officer
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

skyguy17 Posted at 2018-1-31 00:28
Screen shots of the messages in the Assistant 2 App.  Does not loading the DB have any impact on flying the p4?
Thanks...

Just to confirm successful database update with latest DJI Assistant 2 v1.2.2 downloaded from Mavic Air section. After precise database update of the aircraft, APP database is also auto updated.
2018-2-1
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
First Officer
United States

skyguy17 Posted at 2018-2-1 07:40
In case anyone is interested I downloaded the V1.22 of the OSX app as posted by someone on this forum in this thread (it is from the Mavic download page) and re-ran the download for the Database.  

This has just completed the download and updated the file on the P4 so I no longer have this issue.

Lucky you with OSX!

It's knackered up for Windows 10 and I can't even read the Captcha code to type it in.

Assistant 2 v1.2.2 for Windows 10 captcha mess.

Assistant 2 v1.2.2 for Windows 10 captcha mess.
2018-2-1
Use props
Vendex
First Officer
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Sorry for double the post!
2018-2-1
Use props
Vendex
First Officer
  • >>>
Bulgaria

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2018-2-1 12:45
Lucky you with OSX!

It's knackered up for Windows 10 and I can't even read the Captcha code to type it in.

Why not try with VM or on another PC with different version of win?
2018-2-1
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
First Officer
United States

Vendex Posted at 2018-2-1 13:32
Why not try with VM or on another PC with different version of win?

Fixed.

Had to use a Samsung phone (S6) to do the Precise update.

Windows 10-64x with Assistant 2 (1.2.0) refuses to load anything into the P4, but it downloads to the computer fine but not to the drone itself.

The Apple iPad with cellular also does not work with the Precise update either.  Some report the Apple iPhones work, but not the tablets even with cellular.  Go figger.

Oddly, after the Samsung loaded the Precise Safe Fly update that Windows 10 and the iPad Air 2 refused to do, but when I moved back to the iPad Air 2 and plugged it all in for flight, I got yet anther update when started but it was some other flying update popping up and just needed the normal cable from iPad to RC so nothing special.

So now there are three Fly Safe updates, maybe drone as well as the iPad both?

This is current ... I hope!

Screenshot - Feb. 1, 2018

Screenshot - Feb. 1, 2018
2018-2-1
Use props
Vendex
First Officer
  • >>>
Bulgaria

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2018-2-1 15:12
Fixed.

Had to use a Samsung phone (S6) to do the Precise update.

Thanks for sharing! Now that's a beautiful screen with the absolutely latest versions. That other update is the APP update after you successfully updated the drone.
2018-2-2
Use props
Kokok
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1802159 ft
Philippines

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-1 03:50
Sorry to hear this. We'd like to help if more data can be offered, please kindly check whether it is available to borrow a PC. To ensure the safety, I'd not suggest to fly any more.

DJI Susan, i too can confirm that there is indeed a motor shake/vibration issue.

I have tested this with the aircraft on a smooth and flat workbench and the propellers were not attached. With the motors idling, i would give it a little power and the motors would vibrate. Same thing happens when i power down to go to idle motor speed, it would vibrate just before reaching idle rpm.

My p4 is nearly a year old with zero crash and zero hard landing. It has about 200 flights on it.

Any suggestions from dji? This vibration could cause cracks to the airframe/shell.
2018-2-2
Use props
Elsmeghead
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3421503 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Can someone who actually suffered the 4K30p bug with the 02.00.0106 update, please confirm that this firmware update has eliminated the camera restart (as the Release Notes claim) ??
Haven't updated since that Failware as have been waiting since July 2017 for a fix.
2018-2-3
Use props
skyguy17
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Vendex Posted at 2018-2-1 12:07
Just to confirm successful database update with latest DJI Assistant 2 v1.2.2 downloaded from Mavic Air section. After precise database update of the aircraft, APP database is also auto updated.

Yes, after had removed ver 1.20 fully, I installed the V1.22 of Assistant s/w for Mac, this worked for me to update the database.  The P4 s/w download support page does not show this version I had to get it from the mavic-air pages.
2018-2-4
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Elsmeghead Posted at 2018-2-3 01:15
Can someone who actually suffered the 4K30p bug with the 02.00.0106 update, please confirm that this firmware update has eliminated the camera restart (as the Release Notes claim) ??
Haven't updated since that Failware as have been waiting since July 2017 for a fix.

I haven't had much time to test out the new firmware as yet, but in a couple of 15 minute flight tests with 02.00.0700 I've not noticed the gimbal reset problem that 02.00.0106 had.

I've also not seen it since the 02.00.0300 Beta was introduced, and 02.00.0600 was good for me.

Judging by most of the reports the 02.00.0700 release looks good, with RC needing to be at V1.9.3 for communications to work correctly.
2018-2-4
Use props
Verre
lvl.1
Flight distance : 253983 ft
Finland

Hello! I too did the firmware update from .102. I got a message "device not supported" but it went away by clicking ok and the update finished normally. It took about 15minutes including fly safe database updates.
I updated with DJI GO4 iOS app with iPhone 6s. Everything should be up to date now?
2018-2-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Kokok Posted at 2018-2-2 21:02
DJI Susan, i too can confirm that there is indeed a motor shake/vibration issue.

I have tested this with the aircraft on a smooth and flat workbench and the propellers were not attached. With the motors idling, i would give it a little power and the motors would vibrate. Same thing happens when i power down to go to idle motor speed, it would vibrate just before reaching idle rpm.

Hi Kokok, does the issue appear if the drone is in the middle air? We've received some feedback the drone will wobble on the ground but behave well in the air. Could you help us double check whether yours is the same status?
2018-2-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Verre Posted at 2018-2-4 07:42
Hello! I too did the firmware update from .102. I got a message "device not supported" but it went away by clicking ok and the update finished normally. It took about 15minutes including fly safe database updates.
I updated with DJI GO4 iOS app with iPhone 6s. Everything should be up to date now?
[view_image]

Hi Verre, confirm that you have got the latest version. We will release if there is any update.
2018-2-5
Use props
owiecPL
Second Officer
Singapore

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-5 00:51
Hi Verre, confirm that you have got the latest version. We will release if there is any update.

Dear Susan,
I can confirm, the motor vibration appears only on the ground when I'm warming up battery and propellers rotating slowly. On the air I didn't noticed any shaking. I'm afraid I didnt destroy motors by warming up 3 minutes due to shaking motors?
2018-2-5
Use props
roovair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 473950 ft
United Kingdom

So i`m still confused about all this "firmware nightmare" haha because DJI Go 4 inform me that everything is up to date but today i`ve seen Susan`s post about Basic Fy Database - she wrote 06 is the newest but i`ve got 05 but when i`m checking updates App inform me that this version is the newest hmm.
Screenshot_20180205-202015.png

Also i have noticed some strange incorrect in map graphics in the left bottom corner (display device: Huawei Mediapad m3).

Screenshot_20180205-202117.png

Summarizing there are to many problems with P4. My first Phantom was P3S and i don`t remember there were so many troubles about this aircraft. Surprisingly many of them on my new one P4 which is still never fly according to bad weather conditions in UK..

2018-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules