New Phantom4 Firmware Released(v02.00.0700)
19184 201 2018-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-5 00:51
Hi Verre, it seems that they still not update to the latest version as the latest Basic Fly Safe Database is V01.00.01.06. Please connect the Internet and DJI Assistant 2 to check whether the update message pops again.

Susan, the Basic Fly Safe Database is 1.06?

Mine shows 1.05 as in the above images and Assistant 2 version 1.2.0 via Windows 10-64x is not talking to the drone for some reason.  Assistant 2 version 1.2.2 has a broken Captcha.

Using the iPad instead, clicking the "Check for update" button for the Basic Fly Safe Database shows OK.

Puzzled.
2018-2-5
Use props
Kokok
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1802159 ft
Philippines

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-5 00:36
Hi Kokok, does the issue appear if the drone is in the middle air? We've received some feedback the drone will wobble on the ground but behave well in the air. Could you help us double check whether yours is the same status?

Hi DJI Susan,

After several test flights, I have not observed any noticeable vibration or wobbling while the aircraft is hovering.

Although, as what others have also mentioned here, the vibration manifests within a certain motor speed or rpm. That motor rpm is usually the rpm just past above motor idle rpm.

I've noticed it on mine, when the motors are in idle rpm and I apply power, it will vibrate. The vibration will stop when i give it further power. Meaning, the rpm just above the idle rpm is where it happens.

Same thing happens when I hold the left stick down to get the motor back down to idle rpm It will vibrate just before reaching motor idle rpm and stop when the motors are idling.

Ive been flying RC aircraft for many years now and I have seen firsthand what vibrations can do to the airframe and components both on rc helicopters and fixed wing. I hope this can be resolved by DJI before cracked shells and motor mounts start to appear on our P4.

I do love my P4, this has been the smartest thing i've ever flown since my rc helis and fixed wing days. I just hope that support could be improved.

Thank you.
2018-2-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

owiecPL Posted at 2018-2-5 06:22
Dear Susan,
I can confirm, the motor vibration appears only on the ground when I'm warming up battery and propellers rotating slowly. On the air I didn't noticed any shaking. I'm afraid I didnt destroy motors by warming up 3 minutes due to shaking motors?

Thanks for getting back to us. I have checked this with our engineers, confirm this will not affect the performance. They have been aware of this and will fix it soon.
2018-2-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

roovair Posted at 2018-2-5 12:50
So i`m still confused about all this "firmware nightmare" haha because DJI Go 4 inform me that everything is up to date but today i`ve seen Susan`s post about Basic Fy Database - she wrote 06 is the newest but i`ve got 05 but when i`m checking updates App inform me that this version is the newest hmm.
[view_image]

Roovair, do you get the update message when connected the APP or DJI Assistant 2? As for the map issue, could you be more specific about this? I have a quick look and do not find any obvious issue. Sorry about this.
2018-2-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2018-2-5 17:32
Susan, the Basic Fly Safe Database is 1.06?

Mine shows 1.05 as in the above images and Assistant 2 version 1.2.0 via Windows 10-64x is not talking to the drone for some reason.  Assistant 2 version 1.2.2 has a broken Captcha.
I just got an update from the designated team that they are still working on the V01.00.01.06. Sorry for troubles. We will release as long as there is any update.
2018-2-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Kokok Posted at 2018-2-5 18:19
Hi DJI Susan,

After several test flights, I have not observed any noticeable vibration or wobbling while the aircraft is hovering.

Kokok, our engineers have been aware of this issue and will fix it in the firmware update. We are keeping learn and would like to offer better service in the future.
2018-2-6
Use props
fans7f228480
lvl.2
Flight distance : 995259 ft
United Kingdom

fans7f228480 Posted at 2018-1-31 17:09
HI boys and girl, I have updated the firmware from ... 0602 to ... 700 using the DJI GO 4 app on a IPAD AIR 2 with no issues, though i did see a warning at 85% saying that this connection was unsuitable but that went away in the end and it installed the firmware update to 100%, now the flight test will confirm if this is flying as before with everything stable or if we have to go back to a downgraded Firmware.
The DGI App = 4.2.4
Aircraft    = 02.00.0700

06 02 2018 16:00 hours
Just been out the back garden and done my first  test flight with the P4s with the new firmware and I have to say I am impressed as she is stable as a rock and at height she was very nice indeed, now will need to do a long distance flight when the wind dies down a bit as its blowing at 20mph at 10 meters up and when I got to 34 meters I got loads of High wind notices lol but all in all I am very impressed.
2018-2-6
Use props
roovair
lvl.4
Flight distance : 473950 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-6 03:07
Roovair, do you get the update message when connected the APP or DJI Assistant 2? As for the map issue, could you be more specific about this? I have a quick look and do not find any obvious issue. Sorry about this.

No update message on Assisstant2 and app. Everything seems to be the newest stuff.

about my second issue.. take a look at the arrows.

map picture and frame are in different positions. It happens only on my android tablet Huawei Mediapad M3..
2018-2-6
Use props
Kokok
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1802159 ft
Philippines

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-6 03:16
Kokok, our engineers have been aware of this issue and will fix it in the firmware update. We are keeping learn and would like to offer better service in the future.

Hi DJI Susan,

I appreciate your response. And yes, it is good to know that it will not affect the aircraft's flight performance.

One concern though is, while it may not affect the flight performance, the longevity of our aircraft might be affected since vibrations will most likely result to airframe and component damages (i.e., cracked shells, motor mounts...etc.)

And since the p4 has long been released, many of us are nearing the end or at the end of our warranty coverage. If this vibration due to the latest firmware do ultimately lead to a cracked shell, this will certainly be out of warranty coverage for most p4 users. I hope that this vibration issue gets resolved the soonest.

Thanks!
2018-2-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

roovair Posted at 2018-2-6 10:46
No update message on Assisstant2 and app. Everything seems to be the newest stuff.

about my second issue.. take a look at the arrows.

I just got an update from the designated team that they are still working on the V01.00.01.06. Sorry for troubles. We will release as long as there is any update.

Regarding the map, it looks like the compatibility issue as this only appears on this mobile device. I'm afraid that this can not be ensured.
2018-2-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Kokok Posted at 2018-2-6 17:40
Hi DJI Susan,

I appreciate your response. And yes, it is good to know that it will not affect the aircraft's flight performance.

Our engineers are working on this and will release as soon as it is ready.
2018-2-6
Use props
GolfPro88
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1116017 ft
United States

Kokok Posted at 2018-2-6 17:40
Hi DJI Susan,

I just gave my one year and one month old P4 a good look over, two hairline cracks, one below vibrating motor and the other oddly enough just above the landing gear on the main shell, never a hard landing!  My DJI Refresh ran out a month ago and it's a shame because 5 of those months it was bricked (they won on all of us 2016 Christmas Gift receivers who bought the Refresh.) Oh, a couple months of receiving this great new hobby, two more batteries, backpack, it's own tablet, they discontinued the P4! It flies like crap now, I've spent a good hour and a half daily for a month trying to update, fly, read and it still sucks! My patients are running out, geez!
2018-2-6
Use props
roovair
lvl.4
Flight distance : 473950 ft
United Kingdom

My Phantom 4 first flight after updates - very dark conditions and weather "not good to fly".. Small question at the end of video..

2018-2-7
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

roovair Posted at 2018-2-7 16:00
My Phantom 4 first flight after updates - very dark conditions and weather "not good to fly".. Small question at the end of video..

https://youtu.be/Dhb3BJDhpeo

Don't know about the maps, but once yours set down it howls like mine does while throttling off.  Sounds like a bearing going out and min has done this since the new 700 firmware update.
2018-2-7
Use props
GolfPro88
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1116017 ft
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2018-2-7 16:37
Don't know about the maps, but once yours set down it howls like mine does while throttling off.  Sounds like a bearing going out and min has done this since the new 700 firmware update.

I also have a high pitched whistling sound! Nowhere close to how it used to fly but I fly it, bring it home, try refreshing firmware, update newest apps, look at video, calibrate stuff, recharge, read a lot to see what others are going through and do it again in a day or two. It truly flies like crap, my Apple Mini 2, which was suggested as a good compatible tablet year ago, can't seem to handle it. It has come home twice on two separate occasions when it disconnected (gets my heart pump'in during the wait). Disconnection never happened in my first year of ownership?  But I keep flying!
2018-2-8
Use props
djiuser_AOSeLg6uXP7r
New

Saudi Arabia

i have problem my phantom 4
2018-2-8
Use props
GrangerFX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

I updated my P4 (which I ordered the same day it went on sale) to v02.00.0700 finally. I have to say I am impressed. I think it flew even better than it did with whatever version I downgraded to prior to the version 2 update. It hovered perfectly steady (no wind). I tried everything I could think of including sport mode, rapid ascent, descent, high speed, low speed, sideways flying, etc. and there were no wobbles or shakes. It sounded like it always did (the high pitch whine is normal). I even tested the tripod and terrain following modes and they worked great. My only complaint is that this update took too long to get released. DJI should have downgraded everyone to an earlier stable version (at least as an option) and had an update out within a couple of months. However in the end DJI came through with what appears to be a solid update. I can now once again consider buying a new DJI drone.
2018-2-9
Use props
TheMann58
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan,

When I was flying my Phantom 4 today with firmware 02.00.0700 installed and obstacle avoidance enabled, after 11 minutes of flying at 22 mph, I got a high wind warning and a few seconds later the gimble lost its stability and started flailing around, rolling left and right and tilting and I could not control the gimbal tilt.  I tried stopping the P4 and hovering in place for 30 seconds or so to see if the gimbal would recover, but it did not. During the remaining 5 minutes of flight back to home point, the gimbal continued to roll left and right and tilting randomly and I could not control gimbal tilt up or down.  After landing, I powered the P4 off and back on, and the gimbal returned to normal stable behavior and I could control tilt once again.  I then flew another 10 minute flight making sharp turns at full speed to try to get the gimbal to fail, but it remained perfectly functional throughout this flight in the same wind conditions as previous flight.

Why does the P4 gimbal lose stability like this occasionally?  The gimbal also lost stability like this occasionally before I updated the firmware to version 02.00.0700.  Is this gimbal behavior the “camera restart” bug that was supposedly fixed in firmware 02.00.0700, or is this something else? What can the pilot do to regain gimbal control while in flight when this happens?  Is this a known bug?  Is there any way to reset the gimbal while in flight?

2018-2-17
Use props
Oldmaninwva
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9750253 ft
United States

TheMann58 Posted at 2018-2-17 20:39
DJI Susan,

When I was flying my Phantom 4 today with firmware 02.00.0700 installed and obstacle avoidance enabled, after 11 minutes of flying at 22 mph, I got a high wind warning and a few seconds later the gimble lost its stability and started flailing around, rolling left and right and tilting and I could not control the gimbal tilt.  I tried stopping the P4 and hovering in place for 30 seconds or so to see if the gimbal would recover, but it did not. During the remaining 5 minutes of flight back to home point, the gimbal continued to roll left and right and tilting randomly and I could not control gimbal tilt up or down.  After landing, I powered the P4 off and back on, and the gimbal returned to normal stable behavior and I could control tilt once again.  I then flew another 10 minute flight making sharp turns at full speed to try to get the gimbal to fail, but it remained perfectly functional throughout this flight in the same wind conditions as previous flight.

My camera gimbal did that several times last summer....  But has not acted up once in probably the last 150 flights I've done..  If it starts back up in the warmer weather I'm wondering if it could be an overtemp issue on the gimbal.
2018-2-18
Use props
PowerBand1
lvl.3

Australia

fans7f228480 Posted at 2018-2-6 08:11
06 02 2018 16:00 hours
Just been out the back garden and done my first  test flight with the P4s with the new firmware and I have to say I am impressed as she is stable as a rock and at height she was very nice indeed, now will need to do a long distance flight when the wind dies down a bit as its blowing at 20mph at 10 meters up and when I got to 34 meters I got loads of High wind notices lol but all in all I am very impressed.

Hi thinking of upgrading my P4 firmware from 01.02.0602 also, but my device is ipad mini 2 and thinking it might be a bit much for this device (video lag , cpu overheating etc) what does anyone think?
2018-2-21
Use props
nikolaous
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1068894 ft
Greece

DJI Susan,

When I was flying my Phantom 4 today with firmware 02.00.0700 installed and obstacle avoidance enabled, after 11 minutes of flying at 22 mph, I got a high wind warning and a few seconds later the gimble lost its stability and started flailing around, rolling left and right and tilting and I could not control the gimbal tilt.  I tried stopping the P4 and hovering in place for 30 seconds or so to see if the gimbal would recover, but it did not. During the remaining 5 minutes of flight back to home point, the gimbal continued to roll left and right and tilting randomly and I could not control gimbal tilt up or down.  After landing, I powered the P4 off and back on, and the gimbal returned to normal stable behavior and I could control tilt once again.  I then flew another 10 minute flight making sharp turns at full speed to try to get the gimbal to fail, but it remained perfectly functional throughout this flight in the same wind conditions as previous flight.

Hi. I also had the same problem with high wind but I thought it was because of the camera filter I was using. The only difference  is that my gimble  was moving up and down...
2018-2-21
Use props
TheMann58
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

nikolaous Posted at 2018-2-21 08:20
Hi. I also had the same problem with high wind but I thought it was because of the camera filter I was using. The only difference  is that my gimble  was moving up and down...

I only use DJI filters (or filters that weigh even less than DJI filters) on all my aircraft.  The DJI filters are also the same diameter as the original DJI UV filter and, thus, do not present any additional wind resistance over original clear UV lens cover. I use an ND8 or ND16 filter on almost every flight in sunny conditions to get shutter speed down to the ideal target number of twice the video frame rate (twice 60 fps means 120 shutter speed is ideal for smooth video without jello effect).

On the other hand, as a general rule, you definitely do NOT want to use any type of third-party, 3D-printed lens hood on any DJI Phantom aircraft camera lens in an attempt to reduce glare on the lens; they will certainly act as air scoops and wind foils and introduce significant additional stress on the camera gimbal while in flight at speeds above 10 mph (even if there is zero wind). The only place a lens hood might make sense is for stationary photos or video while hovering in zero wind conditions. I purchased a couple 3D-printed lens hoods two years ago for my old Phantom 3 Pro and after they caused all sorts of problems with gimbal stability, I threw them in the trash.  I have not used third-party lens hoods since. Instead, I learned how to fly and record video while keeping direct sun of the lens whenever possible.  
2018-2-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DJI Susan,

Sorry for the late response due to the holiday. Could you export the flight data and issue video for analysis? We'll forward to our engineers for review.

2018-2-27
Use props
Vinniez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2106204 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

I had a problem  Gimbal disconected after update the firmware. Did anyone have the same problem ?
trying to refresh the firmware thru DJi asst 2 but always fails. now I'm unable to fly my drone due to the camera is not fuction.

2018-2-27
Use props
Elsmeghead
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3421503 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The 0700 firmware fixed the 4K30p camera bug. But unfortunately I have just discovered the same error now occurs using 1080p @120fps instead. ARRRGHHH!!!
Timestamp is recorded as 1/1/2014 00:00, similar to the timestamp from the 4K30p bug.
I AM NOT HAPPY!!!

See this thread..
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid11825224K30p camera bug
2018-3-2
Use props
fans914feee0
New

Spain

Error code 0x022403 when I try to update my P4 at 55% on windows and Android same problem. Please help me, what can I do?
2018-3-2
Use props
fans7f228480
lvl.2
Flight distance : 995259 ft
United Kingdom

PowerBand1 Posted at 2018-2-21 04:42
Hi thinking of upgrading my P4 firmware from 01.02.0602 also, but my device is ipad mini 2 and thinking it might be a bit much for this device (video lag , cpu overheating etc) what does anyone think?

I had the Ipad Mini 2 and also the Air 2 and both worked very well on the new Firmware so you should have no issues with the Mini 2
2018-3-9
Use props
SomeoneElsesDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

I posted this in another thread but I'll put it here too. Here is the vibration issue in slow motion.

2018-3-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

SomeoneElsesDrone Posted at 2018-3-17 05:12
I posted this in another thread but I'll put it here too. Here is the vibration issue in slow motion.
https://youtu.be/uYyVhv-AdNc

Thanks for reaching out to us. Our engineers are working on the firmware, will release it as long as it is ready.
2018-3-20
Use props
Vetinari
lvl.4
Flight distance : 34039 ft

United States

SomeoneElsesDrone Posted at 2018-3-17 05:12
https://youtu.be/uYyVhv-AdNc

Spent a lot of time in the Engineering Field so here's a suggestion to better quantify the vibration. Since its a props off test, attach an iPhone or similar to the top of the P4 and run any of the free apps which measure accelerations using the phones 3-axis accelerometers.
2018-3-20
Use props
SomeoneElsesDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

Vetinari Posted at 2018-3-20 10:18
Spent a lot of time in the Engineering Field so here's a suggestion to better quantify the vibration. Since its a props off test, attach an iPhone or similar to the top of the P4 and run any of the free apps which measure accelerations using the phones 3-axis accelerometers.

Really nice idea, but would need to somehow attach it directly above the motor as the centre of the frame remains relatively static .
2018-3-20
Use props
fans0e00ebfc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 477851 ft
Spain

Phantom 4 Standard here.
FW: 1.02.0602
RC: 1.6.0
iOS app: 4.1.0 (Compass calibrations, IMU, etc...)
iOS app: Litchi (Latest version for main flying)

I don't really see myself changing those numbers for a foreseeable future...I'm sorry DJI you played too many games with my money...
2018-3-24
Use props
Cybercap
New
Flight distance : 544964 ft
France

Hi everyone,

I've been flying my phantom 4 for 2-3 years and think I only updated once or twice the firmwares.
it's been a year now since the last update.

So far it flies ok, would you advise to keep it this way ? no updating ?
Should I go for " if it's not broken don't fix it"

Or are the latest firmwares really improving the whole stuff, provide better experience and benefit the security and control ?

when I read the topic there really seems to be a lot of problems with these firmware update, something making it worse or unstable to fly...

Thanks for your feedback

Marc

2018-3-31
Use props
Gillega
lvl.2

Cybercap Posted at 2018-3-31 05:35
Hi everyone,

I've been flying my phantom 4 for 2-3 years and think I only updated once or twice the firmwares.

All
I am in same state of mind as Cybercap. I haven’t updated firmware for a least (12) months due to concern raised on the forum.
Flying my drone is my escape and I would be greatly disappointed as I am sure everyone is if a DJI firmware update reduced or negated the opportunity.

I have nothing against DJI but as referenced many, many times by posting there seems to be problem with DJI firmware. Additionally, I also started using Litchi about 50% of the time.

Your thoughts
2018-3-31
Use props
Callatis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 511112 ft
Canada

DJI Susan, 2 months ago you mentioned the engineers are working on a new fix. Any update on that? Thanks a lot!
2018-4-21
Use props
rfAndy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 396365 ft
United States

I launched a refurbished P4 that was sent back to me from repair.  They replaced my own P4 that I had sent back for a camera repair.  ANYWAY, I updated to the 07 firmware and noticed significant instability in hover near ground level during test flight.  Are there any known stability issues with the latest firmware release???
2018-4-24
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

rfAndy Posted at 2018-4-24 08:41
I launched a refurbished P4 that was sent back to me from repair.  They replaced my own P4 that I had sent back for a camera repair.  ANYWAY, I updated to the 07 firmware and noticed significant instability in hover near ground level during test flight.  Are there any known stability issues with the latest firmware release???

Calibration of VPS Sensors & IMU may help after update.
2018-4-24
Use props
MaRpRy
lvl.1

Czechia

Hello all DJI fans :-)  I have a question for all. Do not you know if a new update for Phantom 4 is planned? Are there plans for Phantom 4 panorama mode and quickshot mode? Or do you think the update (v02.00.0700) is the last one? :-( I do not want to buy a new Dron for this :-(
2018-4-25
Use props
MaRpRy
lvl.1

Czechia

MaRpRy Posted at 2018-4-25 23:38
Hello all DJI fans :-)  I have a question for all. Do not you know if a new update for Phantom 4 is planned? Are there plans for Phantom 4 panorama mode and quickshot mode? Or do you think the update (v02.00.0700) is the last one? :-( I do not want to buy a new Dron for this :-(

I have Phantom 4 normal version
2018-4-25
Use props
Oscar Myer
lvl.2
Malaysia

I did the latest firmware last weekend.  Took it for a test flight on Monday and everything is working as it should!!!
2018-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules