Asteroid and boomerang mode on dji spark
12801 27 2018-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Maxximus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10026 ft
India

I would love to get boomerang and asteroid mode on spark..what do you guys think.. Can dji bring this on spark
2018-1-24
Use props
Maxximus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10026 ft
India

Asteroid and boomerang mode on dji spark

I would love to get boomerang and asteroid mode on spark..what do you guys think.. Can dji bring this on spark
2018-1-24
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

They probably will but not for a few months after the Mavic Air has settled in - that way the modes will be more exclusive to that drone. They did the same with all quick shot modes on the Spark then it rolled out across the Mavic series.
2018-1-24
Use props
Outlier22
lvl.3
Flight distance : 328474 ft
United States

There was a firmware update today for me on iOS.  I don't have my Spark w me so I can't test to see if it's added but the firmware upgrade notes mentioned adding compatibility for Mavic Air but also mentioned adding these flight modes.  ...I don't know if that means they added this for all drones on DJI Go 4 or if it's only for Mavic Air???

2018-1-24
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Outlier22 Posted at 2018-1-24 06:16
There was a firmware update today for me on iOS.  I don't have my Spark w me so I can't test to see if it's added but the firmware upgrade notes mentioned adding compatibility for Mavic Air but also mentioned adding these flight modes.  ...I don't know if that means they added this for all drones on DJI Go 4 or if it's only for Mavic Air???

Just Mavic Air - for now!
2018-1-24
Use props
SOUNDWAVE439
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115597 ft
United States

You can personally edit clips for a boomerang effect on your own
2018-1-24
Use props
MR Grunn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85476 ft
Netherlands

Hopefully it would come to the spark ASAP,
2018-1-24
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

Asteroid looks cool.  The footage looks even better reversed.
2018-1-24
Use props
warrenski
lvl.4
South Africa

I'm also really hoping that the Spark gets these quickshot modes too!
2018-1-24
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

what do these modes do ?  Trying to picture what they mean.

I'm thinking boomerang, starts close, circles around you, then comes back to where you started ?  Kind of like an off axis circle ?

Asteroid ? Is that coming from afar then towards you ?  A dronie in reverse ?
2018-1-24
Use props
Todd in Chicago
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513757 ft
United States

Ahhhh.....

I was thinking the same thing.  

When I began playing with the QuickShot modes on the Spark, I thought "Wow...this is really cool".  I thought it would be cool to have other ones.....and I tried to think of what other ones could be created, but didn't come up with anything and gave up rather quickly and had a glass of sake instead.  

Now we have Asteroid and Boomerang.  And again I thought "Wow!  Really cool, would love to have that on the Spark!".  And, as far as I know, there is no reason why that can't happen.

Then, my sake fueled brain started thinking about what a QuickShot really is, it's basically just a flightpath (dare I say waypoints?) with some changeable parameters, and it made me think of the Tello.  The Tello is the new drone from Rhyzen with DJI tech in it.  The cool thing about Tello is that you can program it using a language.  Hmmm.....kind of almost what a Quickshot is..... (but less sophisticated).

After another glass of sake...ok....after 2 more glasses of sake, I thought of a GOLDEN IDEA.  DJI folks, please pass this along to your Engineers.

How about allowing a tool (could be recording a flight path from a DJI drone, or some standalone editor, or an editor to tweak a recorded path from a drone) to allow users to create their own QuickShot maneuvers!!

BUT WAIT!!  Another quick glass of sake or two .....and......how about allowing the ability for users to upload to a DJI Community site their creations, which other users could then select to move to their own DJI account and then transfer those down to their version of DJI Go 4 to add to their gallery of Quickshots!!  BOOM!  That just happened!  The Quickshots gallery on the users DJI Go 4 app would be a hot-swappable section....allowing up to x number of Quickshots.

Wow!!  What a great idea!  LOL...Users could earn DJI points by being in the top 10 or most downloaded QuickShot or something.  Unleash the creativity of the user community.

The QuickShot gallery could have a feature to preview the QuickShot in wireframe 3D space before downloading to your app.

Your welcome!!

LOL....

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
P.S.  Would anyone else like to see this capability?  :-)
2018-1-24
Use props
Foxeuphoria
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8110 ft
  • >>>
United States

Todd in Chicago Posted at 2018-1-24 19:19
Ahhhh.....

I was thinking the same thing.  

Love the idea! I believe some of this functionality is covered for Apple users who have access to ground station pro.  As I understand it GS lets you build routes via way points and I believe it lets you export said routes.  if that is in fact the case, I could see somebody authoring some shots in the app (Though I believe all way-points are fully geotagged and not flight maneuvers planned for just any space.
2018-1-24
Use props
Todd in Chicago
lvl.4
United States

Foxeuphoria Posted at 2018-1-24 19:44
Love the idea! I believe some of this functionality is covered for Apple users who have access to ground station pro.  As I understand it GS lets you build routes via way points and I believe it lets you export said routes.  if that is in fact the case, I could see somebody authoring some shots in the app (Though I believe all way-points are fully geotagged and not flight maneuvers planned for just any space.

Fox...

It would seem that a flight path could be recreated in 3D space from a relative starting point.

A series of waypoints is nothing but a series of GPS coordinates which represent a point in 3D space.  The difference could be calculated between waypoints (such as 20 feet up and 30 feet north).  So a "relative" path could be created.

But I'm not a flight engineer and don't play one on TV!  

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
2018-1-24
Use props
Foxeuphoria
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8110 ft
  • >>>
United States

Todd in Chicago Posted at 2018-1-24 20:23
Fox...

It would seem that a flight path could be recreated in 3D space from a relative starting point.

Fair,  Id love to see how creative the community could be with things like this.  But why just stop at quick shots, why not build way-point based tours of local areas so other pilots can see the same spectacular routes you flew at one time.  This could establish safe routes and scenic tours that people may not have had the time to scout themselves.
2018-1-24
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Cookster670 Posted at 2018-1-24 13:32
what do these modes do ?  Trying to picture what they mean.

I'm thinking boomerang, starts close, circles around you, then comes back to where you started ?  Kind of like an off axis circle ?

I'd say, you tube can show you better as we can explain it!
2018-1-24
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Sir, thanks for your feedback and attention. This idea will be forwarded.
2018-1-24
Use props
CDell801
lvl.1
Flight distance : 67841 ft
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-24 23:47
Sir, thanks for your feedback and attention. This idea will be forwarded.

I also would like Asteroid and Boomerang mode on the Spark.
2018-1-25
Use props
kRx md
lvl.4
Flight distance : 158914 ft
Philippines

oh boy. My head is still swirling from the release of the Mavic air, considering I just bought my Spark 2 months ago. I'm not feeling sad. Just realized that its the same with drones as any other gadget regarding releases of new products.  Why don't they (DJI) just make the super-mega ultimate portable drone with ALL the feature s(software at least) and then we just pay X amount of $ for every feature unlock? Lol.
2018-1-25
Use props
Roshi23
lvl.2
Flight distance : 271575 ft
Argentina

kRx md Posted at 2018-1-25 09:33
oh boy. My head is still swirling from the release of the Mavic air, considering I just bought my Spark 2 months ago. I'm not feeling sad. Just realized that its the same with drones as any other gadget regarding releases of new products.  Why don't they (DJI) just make the super-mega ultimate portable drone with ALL the feature s(software at least) and then we just pay X amount of $ for every feature unlock? Lol.

I just got my Spark one month ago and im still loving it, but if i seen the air if it was out i would have got it.
2018-1-25
Use props
Todd in Chicago
lvl.4
United States

My Spark has been sold....my last flights with the bird will be tomorrow!

Thank you for the memories Sparky!

Cheers..

Todd in Chicago
2018-1-25
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
India

First let them solve the fundamental problem of WiFi linking the SPARK/ RC / Mobile as one link !  then we will think of boomerangs !
2018-1-25
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

S.J Posted at 2018-1-25 20:25
First let them solve the fundamental problem of WiFi linking the SPARK/ RC / Mobile as one link !  then we will think of boomerangs !

I think, the boomerang will be easier to 'solve'  ;-)
2018-1-25
Use props
djiuser_wnWY5OCqMWO4
New

United Kingdom

Any chance we'll get this?
2018-3-27
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

In case DJI wanna make people forget about OTG, better: make them use the actual Go4 version, that could do the trick for a lot of people.
Bring in new modes, which aren't available in 4.15 , but which people 'wanna have': solved!
Some Mavic pro modes (which the spark should be able to do, with hacked apps), the Air modes, I could change to 4.3.x
2018-3-27
Use props
RjMllr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17913 ft
Philippines

This will take time to become reality as these features are one of the main selling point of Mavic Air that was just released
2018-3-27
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3DtL3S
lvl.4
Flight distance : 510968 ft
Israel

Folks, I think we have to realize that with the Air and Mavic Platinum out, the Spark is at the bottom of the developmental food chain at DJI. At least until Spark 2 comes out, if it ever does.
2018-3-28
Use props
BRent AP03
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74872 ft
United States

That would be amazing! I hope this would eventually happen!
2018-3-29
Use props
SmallWorld
lvl.1

United States

SOUNDWAVE439 Posted at 2018-1-24 06:54
You can personally edit clips for a boomerang effect on your own

What app do you suggest using?
2019-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now