Notice on compatibility issues between iOS 11.2.5 and DJI GO or D...
45057 191 2018-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans2eaa9501
lvl.1
Australia

Just wondering if this could be causing me problems with updating the firmware on my P4 as well ?
2018-1-31
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans2eaa9501 Posted at 2018-1-31 19:44
Just wondering if this could be causing me problems with updating the firmware on my P4 as well ?

right after installing the DJI GO4  4.2.5 I was prompted to update the Aircraft, everything looks OK but the real deal will be tomorrow if I have a chance to test flight.
2018-1-31
Use props
rodman900
lvl.1
United Kingdom

It look like apple are releasing an 11.3.  How will this affect the DJI GO app? I have a phantom 3 advanced
2018-2-2
Use props
SoCal Dude
lvl.2
Flight distance : 695650 ft
United States

So, I was too late for the iOS 11.2.5 update on my iPad Air. Luckily, I had not updated the DJI GO 4 app. Everything else is upgraded (remote controller, P4 [series 1] firmware) to the latest. I wasn't sure what to expect, but wanted to fly anyway. I do not have an HDMI module. So, I flew and all was normal. I was really relieved! I have to purposely deny the update for the GO 4 app on my iPad until DJI updates it to work with iOS 11.2.5.

Anyway, here is my configuration...

Subscribe to my YouTube drone channel: https://goo.gl/HaEq1r
2018-2-3
Use props
JohanB
lvl.2
Flight distance : 522799 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

I updated DjiGo to 3.1.27 and the Inspire 1 is connecting to the app again, will test fly today if the weather allows.
2018-2-3
Use props
fansc1fa131d
lvl.1
United Kingdom

So WHEN will this be resolved!?!?!?
2018-2-4
Use props
RedHawk420
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115328 ft
United States

Come on......... who’s the moderator on this? Can we get an answer on when DJI will fix this issue
2018-2-4
Use props
fansc1fa131d
lvl.1
United Kingdom

HDPS Posted at 2018-1-31 17:47
Thanks !!   worked well on my iPad Mini4  

Funny thing is, I contacted DJI CS via email....seems like they had no clue about the release of the 4.2.5...LOL they just replied with a copy/paste reply about the problem with the 4.2.4

This worked on my ipad 4 - at least everything appears normal but I will know when I fly tomorrow.
2018-2-5
Use props
SSFRIH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32283 ft
  • >>>
United States

How do you roll back to 11.2.2. i it my update botton by mistack though it was a DJI update was not thinking right.
2018-2-7
Use props
pllphoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8903051 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is it safe to update now?
2018-2-7
Use props
GSP1983
New
Australia

DJI - Was there a thread for this for the Google Pixel 2XL issues? This device has not worked with my Phantom 3 Standard for MONTHS. When will you take time to fix these continuous issues?
2018-2-8
Use props
djiuser_xy6tc2h3Xuh8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 197123 ft
United States

[tr][/tr]
[tr][/tr]
I agree completely

2018-2-8
Use props
fans18122a11
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11631 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_xy6tc2h3Xuh8 Posted at 2018-2-8 06:15
Be aware DJI does not take care of its customers. My new Mavic arrived with defective components and was replaced with a damaged refurbished Mavic (they offered to repair the new Mavic but instead sent me a refurb without my consent). The refurb's gimbal clamp wasn't installed at the repair center, so the camera was free to lash about during shipment. There is scuffing and other apparent evidence of previous use (probably from crashes). And there's a loose screw inside wandering about the electronic innards. DJI's response: "send us pictures for proof."   Communication with DJI is nearly impossible. It's like speaking to a wall that can read scripted responses. And they are unapologetic about wasting 1 month of my time and $900 of my money. This is the worst customer service experience of my life.   Forget about loyalty helping your cause when dealing with them. I also own a Phantom 4, Spark, and CrystalSky screen. And they can care less. I read posts about DJI's poor customer service, but to experience it first hand is another thing altogether. Terrible. Unfair.

I’m afraid both you and I made a mistake - we handed over our cash. Once it’s theirs, DJI has very little interest in loyalty or customer care. Wouldn’t surprise me to see their business struggle as a result, and I’m hoping that someone decent buys it if it fails.

My kit is grounded just before a family vacation where we were looking forward to using it. I’m not happy.
2018-2-8
Use props
fans18122a11
lvl.1
United Kingdom

djiuser_xy6tc2h3Xuh8 Posted at 2018-2-8 06:15
Be aware DJI does not take care of its customers. My new Mavic arrived with defective components and was replaced with a damaged refurbished Mavic (they offered to repair the new Mavic but instead sent me a refurb without my consent). The refurb's gimbal clamp wasn't installed at the repair center, so the camera was free to lash about during shipment. There is scuffing and other apparent evidence of previous use (probably from crashes). And there's a loose screw inside wandering about the electronic innards. DJI's response: "send us pictures for proof."   Communication with DJI is nearly impossible. It's like speaking to a wall that can read scripted responses. And they are unapologetic about wasting 1 month of my time and $900 of my money. This is the worst customer service experience of my life.   Forget about loyalty helping your cause when dealing with them. I also own a Phantom 4, Spark, and CrystalSky screen. And they can care less. I read posts about DJI's poor customer service, but to experience it first hand is another thing altogether. Terrible. Unfair.

I’m afraid both you and I made a mistake - we handed over our cash. Once it’s theirs, DJI has very little interest in loyalty or customer care. Wouldn’t surprise me to see their business struggle as a result, and I’m hoping that someone decent buys it if it fails.

My kit is grounded just before a family vacation where we were looking forward to using it. I’m not happy.
2018-2-8
Use props
SSFRIH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32283 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a brand new Phantom 4 Pro with a HDMI on the controller and am using a ipad mini 4 with ios 11.2.5. and DJI go 4 app 4.2.5 can i fly this
with this setup now or do i need to wait for the updates. Thanks
2018-2-8
Use props
fans18122a11
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I’ve been informed (by support) that go 3.1.28 is in phased release. It’s reported to fix the issue of no communication with Go and the controller.
2018-2-8
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans18122a11 Posted at 2018-2-8 11:56
I’ve been informed (by support) that go 3.1.28 is in phased release. It’s reported to fix the issue of no communication with Go and the controller.

not appearing on my app store yet.
2018-2-8
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

So I got a chance to fly last night again to try and do a panning shot of our skyline and low and behold I had nothing but issues with the app, disconnecting going nuts, giving me multiple wireless interference warnings and a cuple of times even the devise overload or what ever that one isthrough the whole battery, completely disconnecting a couple of times so I didn't dare move from the spot where I launched fromI put the iPad in airplane mode no wifi etc and no fix, I did do a screen recording to keep a record of it. So I landed as the battery ran out and put another battery in. Absolute perfection, again not willing to fly around, as I'm not really in an area I can legally do it , so I did my capture and hovered at 400 feet for the whole battery with not a single issue. No warnings appeared, nothing. I am baffled. Now, a question for you experts and DJI crew, is it possible that the battery was the cause of all the errors. I know it's a stretch, but the ONLY difference between one flight and the other was the battery.
2018-2-8
Use props
fans18122a11
lvl.1
United Kingdom

mixchief Posted at 2018-2-8 13:33
not appearing on my app store yet.

I can't see it yet, either - here's what support wrote on 8th Feb:

Our Field Application Engineers are still collaborating with Apple engineers to fix this issue in the future. In addition to this, our engineer optimized this problem by our own way by producing another version of the DJI GO App 3.1.28 and it is now on phase released.

We recommend that you try to update your DJI GO App once this is available on your mobile device.

Other option is to use other mobile device instead of iOS devices.
2018-2-9
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans18122a11 Posted at 2018-2-9 01:48
I can't see it yet, either - here's what support wrote on 8th Feb:

Our Field Application Engineers are still collaborating with Apple engineers to fix this issue in the future. In addition to this, our engineer optimized this problem by our own way by producing another version of the DJI GO App 3.1.28 and it is now on phase released.

yeah, like CS maybe? what a racquet
2018-2-9
Use props
gustofusion
lvl.3
United States

Stach23 Posted at 2018-1-28 18:30
Isn't the repository basically useless since each IOS app is tied directly to your AppleID. So the only old version of IOS apps that you can use, are ones that you have used and backed up on your own iPhone or Ipad before.

They are not bound to an account. They are directly from the App Store. Only a paid app is bound to an account in the sense that your email account associated with your I Device allows installation of a paid app.
2018-2-10
Use props
fans18122a11
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I've updated to the latest version of DJI Go - there's still no connection between iPhone and P3A

Someone is sending my an older iPad for me to try - I should be able to do this tomorrow.
2018-2-11
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

mixchief Posted at 2018-2-8 13:42
So I got a chance to fly last night again to try and do a panning shot of our skyline and low and behold I had nothing but issues with the app, disconnecting going nuts, giving me multiple wireless interference warnings and a cuple of times even the devise overload or what ever that one isthrough the whole battery, completely disconnecting a couple of times so I didn't dare move from the spot where I launched fromI put the iPad in airplane mode no wifi etc and no fix, I did do a screen recording to keep a record of it. So I landed as the battery ran out and put another battery in. Absolute perfection, again not willing to fly around, as I'm not really in an area I can legally do it , so I did my capture and hovered at 400 feet for the whole battery with not a single issue. No warnings appeared, nothing. I am baffled. Now, a question for you experts and DJI crew, is it possible that the battery was the cause of all the errors. I know it's a stretch, but the ONLY difference between one flight and the other was the battery.

Most likely is that it needed a re-boot, and when you exchanged the battery ...you did it.  Now, why was wacky in the first time?  that's the question... updated and went fly without a re-boot?
2018-2-12
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

HDPS Posted at 2018-2-12 19:06
Most likely is that it needed a re-boot, and when you exchanged the battery ...you did it.  Now, why was wacky in the first time?  that's the question... updated and went fly without a re-boot?

reboot what, the iPad? no not at all was on all the time, reboot on the AC and RC only
2018-2-12
Use props
fans2303467b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36900 ft
United States

ETA ON RESOLVING THIS ISSUE PLEEEEAAAAASSSEE MY DRONE IS GROUNDED iPAD WILL NOT DOWNGRADE
2018-2-13
Use props
fans2303467b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36900 ft
United States

ETA ON RESOLVING THIS ISSUE PLEEEEAAAAASSSEE MY DRONE IS GROUNDED iPAD WILL NOT DOWNGRADE
2018-2-13
Use props
Ralphhuttonthompson
lvl.3
Flight distance : 666188 ft
Canada

The latest iPad  iOS is 11.2.6. Could anyone confirm the connectivity issues have been resolved with 11.2.6 & GoApp 3.1.28 please?
2018-2-20
Use props
frankencopter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 176936 ft
United States

Kansas Boy Posted at 2018-1-24 08:21
Little late for this notification.  You guys should try to find a way to be more proactive on these kinds of things.  I have a drone that does not work unless I roll back to a older version of iOS.  Both updates from DJI and Apple the same day.  Not in the business but seems like really bad coordination between DJI and Apple and an opportunity for DJI to make some improvements in coordinating with a major partner.

My issues started with 11.2.x and has persisted ever since.   Got beat up on the forums for suggesting there was a problem  because most users did not experience the issue and simply chose to be smug on line.   But a lot of users did have issues.   I just switched to an Android tablet and will use that until DJI and Apple can come to terms and DJI can  finally fix DJI Go (for Phantom 3 pro).   

2018-3-1
Use props
fans9d87b4a7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 999262 ft
  • >>>
New Caledonia

Ralphhuttonthompson Posted at 2018-2-20 08:06
The latest iPad  iOS is 11.2.6. Could anyone confirm the connectivity issues have been resolved with 11.2.6 & GoApp 3.1.28 please?

Unsure to what extent my disconnection problem is the same as others, but with DJI GO 3.1.28 and IOS 11.2.6 on IPAD mini4, running a P3PRO, all is good as long as I stay in the GO app. However, asa I leave to use another app (or even just leave GO to go back straight to GO, it show "disconnected" and no more feedback... I can only ge the connection back by unplugging the USB at the remote level, and plug it back after 2 seconds....

It definitely didn't use to be like that so definitely still something to fix for us P3 owners...
Any others still in that same situation ? it seems quite odd that ths problem has been around for so long...

PS: other apps such as dronepan, hangar360 showing a weird behavior (crashing) as well, unsure if this is linked...
2018-3-11
Use props
gustofusion
lvl.3
United States

Stach23 Posted at 2018-1-28 18:30
Isn't the repository basically useless since each IOS app is tied directly to your AppleID. So the only old version of IOS apps that you can use, are ones that you have used and backed up on your own iPhone or Ipad before.

That would be for paid apps... Not publicly free apps.
2018-3-12
Use props
Pepevicheec
New

United States

I have the same problem, my P3pro with the Ipad mini 2 ios 11.2.6, and the last dji app, I lost live view, its a problem, and now you can´t downgrade IOS.
There is any solution??????
2018-3-18
Use props
Buggys
New
United States

I tried all the fixes and because some said IOS 12 worked for them, I updated my Ipad mini to this. Still no connectivity. Is there news on this? I notice the last post in this thread is now 9 months old.
2019-1-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules