Restricted area
1014 4 2015-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Larry L
lvl.3

United States

got a question for the gurus. I was flying the other day shooting video at a golf course & all of a sudden it looked like my Vision 2+ hit a wall & would not go any further. I looked at the screen & it said restricted area. I hit the 5 mile boundry of a airport. I know I could switch to atti & continue. My question is, if I put in atti & continued. Let's say I bumped S-2 switch BA k to GPS, what would happen? Fly to closest area out side restricted area, crash, nothing, etc?
2015-4-24
Use props
JATO
lvl.4

United States

It would land.
2015-4-24
Use props
Larry L
lvl.3

United States

Thanks. don't think I want to try it.
2015-4-24
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

I would get the hell out of there, if it is restricted then it is restricted for a reason, last thing you need is to become is a "statistic"!
2015-4-24
Use props
Larry L
lvl.3

United States

North, yes I did not go any further. Since it is outside of 3 miles, you most notify the tower To proceed. you need to notify the tower & advise when  you will be flying, height & duration so they can send a notam to the pilots.  It was only one hole & it was about 150 yards to go to green.  I did not finish that hole. I told supertenant that before I could finish that hole, I needed to get approval first. The last thing I would do is do anything illegal. I did a job the other week that was within 5 miles of an airport, I contacted ATC & was told Thank you for letting us know.
2015-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules