Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Waypoints?
4340 38 2018-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_81aC3bX
lvl.1
United States

I am unable to find any information anywhere on the full list of flight modes and if it will support waypoints. Anyone have any info on this?
2018-1-24
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

For the Mavic or Spark? You have a Spark only icon on the Mavic thread... All the information on all of the intelligent flight modes are in the manuals for both drones.
2018-1-24
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2018-1-24
Use props
JaiWadley
lvl.1
United States

My apologies, I didn't post correctly. I am asking this about the Mavic Air.
2018-1-24
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JaiWadley Posted at 2018-1-24 07:36

No worries - and you got me there LOL Best to wait for the manual on that to be released if it isn't already. I'm not even sure it will have waypoints...
2018-1-24
Use props
Zimmermanj87
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2774298 ft
  • >>>
United States

JaiWadley Posted at 2018-1-24 07:36

It does have waypoint flight mode.

Drone Compare
2018-1-24
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, there. Mavic air does not have the feature of waypoints. I think the screenshot is from mavic pro. Thanks for your support.
2018-1-28
Use props
Rodpods1604
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-28 01:12
Hi, there. Mavic air does not have the feature of waypoints. I think the screenshot is from mavic pro. Thanks for your support.

What is the reason behind this please?
2018-1-28
Use props
Kevin79
First Officer
Flight distance : 270899 ft
United States

Really Elektra? It's definitely listed as a feature for the Mavic Air under Intelligent Flight Modes. Is this incorrect? If so that's a real bummer and this really needs corrected on the website. I'll feel cheated if this is true as it's one of the features I was really excited for when I made my purchase.

https://www.dji.com/products/compare-consumer-drones
2018-1-28
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Strange - it does say Waypoints on the website.
2018-1-28
Use props
JaiWadley
lvl.1
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-28 16:48
Strange - it does say Waypoints on the website.

This is odd... when I first started this thread, I followed the link in one of the above posts for drone comparison and it DID in fact say it had waypoints. Now, it no longer has waypoints listed. Am I seeing this correctly? can anyone verify?
2018-1-31
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JaiWadley Posted at 2018-1-31 07:18
This is odd... when I first started this thread, I followed the link in one of the above posts for drone comparison and it DID in fact say it had waypoints. Now, it no longer has waypoints listed. Am I seeing this correctly? can anyone verify?

Mistakes are made I guess - in the same way it doesn't state the correct max flight distance of the Mavic Pro Platinum  - which is 15KM and not 13KM - how can the same drone with an added 3 minutes of flight time due to ESC upgrades have the same max flight distance? LOL
2018-1-31
Use props
Matioupi
First Officer
Flight distance : 922569 ft
France

Feature of waypoints on Mavic air have been advertised on the website.

I archived it here for reference and proof (french page). It was on the english page too until this morning but strangely it did disappeared now...

http://archive.is/jUJO2
https://web.archive.org/web/2018 ... ndsite&from=nav

I have ordered mine yesterday and I want the waypoint feature...
2018-1-31
Use props
JaiWadley
lvl.1
United States

This is a real disappointment... I just got approval to purchase the Mavic Air for my work. Waypoints was required for it to do the job I needed it for. Looks like I will have to hold off.
2018-1-31
Use props
fansfd6c2945
New
Flight distance : 1447 ft
United States

I was debating on whether to buy the Mavic Pro or the Mavic Air.  One of the deciding factors for choosing the Mavic Air was that it was advertised to support Waypoints and yet is smaller and more portable.  I absolutely need this feature for my Mavic Air.  Without a manual yet, I wasn't sure if it was supported, but I guess since the comparison website has been updated, it does not appear to be supported.  PLEASE add this feature in the next update!  You advertised it, mistake or not.  Please stand by your mistakes and fix this soon.
2018-1-31
Use props
Zatx
First Officer
Flight distance : 158166 ft
United States

JaiWadley Posted at 2018-1-31 10:18
This is a real disappointment... I just got approval to purchase the Mavic Air for my work. Waypoints was required for it to do the job I needed it for. Looks like I will have to hold off.

Wow... I'm in the same boat.

I can't imagine why this and some of the other features (follow me) have been left of this drone that obviously has a more capable processor than previous models.

They better get these features on this bird quick.
I'm really disappointed in all of the reviews I've seen because none of them have highlighted all of the missing features.

2018-1-31
Use props
Matioupi
First Officer
France

As far as i'm concerned, i'd like to cancel my order to DJI right now if they do not change their mind...
2018-1-31
Use props
Matioupi
First Officer
France

I just cancelled... (moderator, you got pm with order number. I added comment at cancel time to explain....)
2018-1-31
Use props
Keule
Captain
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

On DJI's German website (as of Feb 1, 2018) it's stated that Mavic Air supports waypoints:

2018-1-31
Use props
The flying dodo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 508255 ft
Belgium

I do not know if I will buy the mavic air, no waypoint of dynamic homepoint.
These functions are basic functions, all "flying people "know it.
DJI should quickly clarify the future of mavic air functions.
I'm waiting to see before buying
2018-1-31
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yep - DJI Thor just confirmed on another thread that the Mavic Air does not have Waypoints as a flight mode.
2018-1-31
Use props
Matioupi
First Officer
France

and users who already have the stuff confirmed too. They already removed the capability ad from then english website... They forgot to remove from other langage. I suggest you add it to third party archiving website like i did just in case...
2018-2-1
Use props
Matioupi
First Officer
France

at time, French website keeps fooling people and displaying the info that waypoint is an available feature on Mavic Air :

https://www.dji.com/fr/products/compare-consumer-drones

what other displayed features are in fact not part of the package ?
2018-2-1
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Kevin79 Posted at 2018-1-28 15:37
Really Elektra? It's definitely listed as a feature for the Mavic Air under Intelligent Flight Modes. Is this incorrect? If so that's a real bummer and this really needs corrected on the website. I'll feel cheated if this is true as it's one of the features I was really excited for when I made my purchase.

https://www.dji.com/products/compare-consumer-drones

Kevin, please check again in the list. There is no waypoint in Intelligent flight modes in Mavic air. Thanks for your understanding.
feature.JPG
2018-2-2
Use props
Zatx
First Officer
Flight distance : 158166 ft
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-2 03:41
Kevin, please check again in the list. There is no waypoint in Intelligent flight modes in Mavic air. Thanks for your understanding.
"Thanks for your understanding."

I don't think any of us understand this decision by Dji.

2018-2-2
Use props
Tadango
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232359 ft
United Kingdom

If they add to much nice features nobody is gonna buy the Mavic Pro 2..... Don't expect they will add it any time soon.
2018-2-2
Use props
Kevin79
First Officer
Flight distance : 270899 ft
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-2 03:41

Yea, because it was just recently removed.....

Is DJI really so committed to not admitting they made a mistake by incorrectly advertising the features of one of its products that they are instead resorting to removing the incorrectly advertised feature and then telling the consumers that we must all be crazy and just imagined it was there? This a really disappointing response....
2018-2-2
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Kevin79 Posted at 2018-2-2 15:29
Yea, because it was just recently removed.....

Is DJI really so committed to not admitting they made a mistake by incorrectly advertising the features of one of its products that they are instead resorting to removing the incorrectly advertised feature and then telling the consumers that we must all be crazy and just imagined it was there? This a really disappointing response....

Sorry for the trouble it brings. We refresh the link and modify it when we find the mistake. Thanks for the attention. And I will forward this requirement to our engineer.
2018-2-6
Use props
stuka75
First Officer
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

Litchi has said that way points for hte Air would be supported in coming updates of their app.
2018-2-6
Use props
Oracle Miata
Captain
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not having waypoints really does take a lot of the capability of this drone away.  Very disappointed.  It was one of the reasons I ordered.  
2018-2-6
Use props
AIister
Second Officer
Flight distance : 626647 ft
Canada

i am going to put in a paypal claim against dji for the price of litchi.  
2018-2-6
Use props
spookster
Captain
Flight distance : 419649 ft
Germany

AIister Posted at 2018-2-6 07:20
i am going to put in a paypal claim against dji for the price of litchi.

If the aircraft can't handle waypoints litchi cannot make it so.
Spark works with litchi but without waypoint mode.
Also litchi does not support mavic air (not yet).
2018-2-6
Use props
AIister
Second Officer
Flight distance : 626647 ft
Canada

dji stated in another thread that 3rd party apps will support waypoints and litchi confirmed this, once the sdk is released.  
Capture.JPG
2018-2-6
Use props
spookster
Captain
Flight distance : 419649 ft
Germany

well then there is something to look forward to
2018-2-6
Use props
MFPullen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6257444 ft
  • >>>
United States

NO WAYPOINTS!... well, I will not be adding this model to my collection.  That just makes the Air a fancy Spark.  I will stick to my Mavic Pro and Platinum
2018-2-6
Use props
fans0581316e
Italy

I have good news! Waypoint mode will be added to the Mavic Air by DJi in a future update. See image with the email exchange that I had with DJI support.

2018-2-8
Use props
Kimosabe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 166703 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

fans0581316e Posted at 2018-2-8 13:50
I have good news! Waypoint mode will be added to the Mavic Air by DJi in a future update. See image with the email exchange that I had with DJI support.

[view_image]

nice.. hopefully soon
2018-2-8
Use props
djiuser_anHVj9RAc4Yb
New
Philippines

I WISH THE DRONE DOESNT STOP AT EVERY WAYPOINT. JUST PASS BY TO GET SMOOTHER TRANSITION.
2019-8-24
Use props
DroneGuyEd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1168140 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can generally set what happens at each waypoint.  Most of mine dont stop and just continue from point to point.
2019-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules