Updated to iOS 11.2.5 and DJI Go 4.2.4 now Problems with Application
5148 37 2018-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kansas Boy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26145 ft
United States

I upgraded my iPad Mini 4 last night to iOS 11.2.5 and the DJI Go 4 application to 4.2.4.  I have tried the iPad Mini 4 with the new updates with my Spark, Mavic Pro and Phantom 4 Pro.  I had no issues with the Spark or the Mavic Pro but I am having issues with the Phantom 4 Pro.  When using the Phantom the application shows that it is disconnected from the aircraft but the remote show a green light like it is connected.  I can start the motor, control the gimbal, ect but the application shows "disconected" and has no video feed from the camera and none of the setting in the application do anything.

Again this is only a problem with the Phantom 4 Pro and the application works fine with my Mavic Pro and my Spark.  I also atried my iPhone 8 plus and am having the same issue with it that I am with the iPad Mini 4.  Seems to be a glitch in the software.  I have also tried to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Go 4 application and reinstall it on both the iPhone 8 Plus and the iPad Mini 4 and the same issue happens.  
Anyone else having this issue?  Administrators what should I try next?

Edited to add:

Warning from DJI a Day Late

Little Late for this since both updates came out yesterday.  You guys at DJI need to do a better job coordinating with Apple on software releases and compatability.  An opportunity for improvement DJI that would benifit your customers.

2018-1-24
Use props
Sebi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5089226 ft
Poland

https://forum.dji.com/thread-131074-1-1.html
2018-1-24
Use props
Kansas Boy
lvl.4
United States

Sebi Posted at 2018-1-24 08:54
https://forum.dji.com/thread-131074-1-1.html

Yes I saw that.  It would have been better if DJI would have posted it before I upgraded.  I am not sure the roll back process for the Apple iOS is something I want to do.  From what I see it is not supported by Apple.  I haven't found anything from Apple on how to do it anyway if it is.
2018-1-24
Use props
CineView Media
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Whats up with the fw updates from Dji these days? Is it getting worse and worse, if so, why?
Dont they have time to test it before they release it?
Im scared to death of even trying, still running on one year old fw....
2018-1-24
Use props
Kansas Boy
lvl.4
United States

CineView Media Posted at 2018-1-24 10:20
Whats up with the fw updates from Dji these days? Is it getting worse and worse, if so, why?
Dont they have time to test it before they release it?
Im scared to death of even trying, still running on one year old fw....

I agree things could be much better and there are many opportunities for DJI improve in software/FW deployment.  They are all over the board.  Firmware before software to support it with one model the the opposite with another model.  One fix breaks another.  I thought this would be a harmless update for DJI Go 4 since it looks like they only added functions for Mavic Air.  Nope broke my Phantom 4 Pro.

I love the DJI products I own but the software quality and deployment and after purchase support of their products is marginal.  There are many opportunities for DJI to improve.
2018-1-24
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44281716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Kansas Boy Posted at 2018-1-24 09:32
Yes I saw that.  It would have been better if DJI would have posted it before I upgraded.  I am not sure the roll back process for the Apple iOS is something I want to do.  From what I see it is not supported by Apple.  I haven't found anything from Apple on how to do it anyway if it is.

Or better yet DJI test their product and software with APPLE BETAS which would allude to this a long time ago.
2018-1-24
Use props
Geekslayer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 182385 ft
United States

I'm downloading 11.2.2 signed firmware for my iPad now, everything is done through iTunes application.  Apple is still accepting this version through the restore option. I've done it on my
iPhones when I was running betas.
2018-1-24
Use props
wataero
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1719619 ft
United States

Well, I guess the P4P and P4A "plus" being stuck  several versions behind on GO 4 app 4.1.16 Android version is actually a good thing.  We miss out on new features like panoramas but by the time DJI gets around to pushing out a special GO app version for our RCs most of the bugs have at least been identified.  
2018-1-24
Use props
fans96d6d04d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 888333 ft
United States

Geekslayer Posted at 2018-1-24 15:46
I'm downloading 11.2.2 signed firmware for my iPad now, everything is done through iTunes application.  Apple is still accepting this version through the restore option. I've done it on my
iPhones when I was running betas.

Geekslayer,

Can you provide a link on how to roll back to vs 11.2? Both  my Inspire and Phantom 3 are grounded due to this.

Thanks,

Rchjr
2018-1-24
Use props
Geekslayer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 182385 ft
United States

fans96d6d04d Posted at 2018-1-24 16:39
Geekslayer,

Can you provide a link on how to roll back to vs 11.2? Both  my Inspire and Phantom 3 are grounded due to this.

https://www.gottabemobile.com/how-to-downgrade-ios-11/

https://ipsw.me/11.2.2

The firmware on this site are legit and signed by Apple, choose your model carefully. When your in iTunes, hold down the shift key (Windows)when clicking on restore and then point to the file you downloaded. You need to turn off Find my ipad/phone before restoring.

2018-1-24
Use props
Kansas Boy
lvl.4
United States

DJI Administrators.  Roll back of iOS is not supported by Apple.  How do I roll back DJI Go 4 to the previous version?
2018-1-25
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Any solution to this yet other then rolling back IOS?
2018-1-25
Use props
Sebi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5089226 ft
Poland

- DJI GO 4.1.2 -  work OK
2018-1-25
Use props
Kansas Boy
lvl.4
United States

Where can I get a copy of DJI Go 4 version 4.1.2 o install on my iPad Mini 4?
2018-1-25
Use props
Kansas Boy
lvl.4
United States

Quiet in here except for the crickets.
2018-1-27
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Kansas Boy Posted at 2018-1-27 13:18
Quiet in here except for the crickets.

You could always roll back iOS to 11.2.2.

Edit:- before updating iOS iTunes makes a backup of device, so should be easy enough to go back.
2018-1-27
Use props
Kansas Boy
lvl.4
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-1-27 13:31
You could always roll back iOS to 11.2.2.

Edit:- before updating iOS iTunes makes a backup of device, so should be easy enough to go back.

Thanks Aardvark for the reply.  I am not backed up to iTunes i am back up to the cloud.  I expect that it still possible but I think I am just going to wait until DJI has a fix that does not require that.  My remark is because DJI is/has been silent since the announcement .  I am just hopeful that they come up with a fix soon the weather has been really nice and it would be fun to get it out.  It is a little bit frustrating because we don't always get days without wind around here this time of year and in the spring when it is warm.  See avatar.

Nice Dog by the way.  I used to own German Shorthairs.  Sporting dogs have way more energy than this old man does anymore.
2018-1-27
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Kansas Boy Posted at 2018-1-27 16:31
Thanks Aardvark for the reply.  I am not backed up to iTunes i am back up to the cloud.  I expect that it still possible but I think I am just going to wait until DJI has a fix that does not require that.  My remark is because DJI is/has been silent since the announcement .  I am just hopeful that they come up with a fix soon the weather has been really nice and it would be fun to get it out.  It is a little bit frustrating because we don't always get days without wind around here this time of year and in the spring when it is warm.  See avatar.

Nice Dog by the way.  I used to own German Shorthairs.  Sporting dogs have way more energy than this old man does anymore.

Kansas, sorry for the unexpected experience. Did you try to change a USB cable? Please provide a screenshot of the firmware info of your drone and the image screen with the error message.
2018-1-28
Use props
Kansas Boy
lvl.4
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-28 00:39
Kansas, sorry for the unexpected experience. Did you try to change a USB cable? Please provide a screenshot of the firmware info of your drone and the image screen with the error message.

Elektra,

Yes I tried another usb cable and that did not resolve the issue.  There was no error message.  The controller has a green light indicating it is connected to the drone and the drone can be controlled by the controller but the application shows that it is disconnected and does not respond.  I have the HDMI module installed on the controller.  I will see if i can get a screen shot and send it to you but I doubt it will show the firmware on the drone since the application shows that it is not connected.  i have tried to remove and reinstall the software and it does not make a difference.
Here is the screen with the application open.

IMG_0291.jpg

About Screen

About Screen

Controller showing Connected

Controller showing Connected
2018-1-28
Use props
deadpixels
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1258064 ft
United States

Kansas Boy Posted at 2018-1-28 05:13
Elektra,

Yes I tried another usb cable and that did not resolve the issue.  There was no error message.  The controller has a green light indicating it is connected to the drone and the drone can be controlled by the controller but the application shows that it is disconnected and does not respond.  I have the HDMI module installed on the controller.  I will see if i can get a screen shot and send it to you but I doubt it will show the firmware on the drone since the application shows that it is not connected.  i have tried to remove and reinstall the software and it does not make a difference.

Had same issue your describing a few days ago. hours spent with customer service. Told them suspected app issue.  Had me try different cables, manually re linking remote, ect ect They went as far as wanting me to ship everything to them for repair. I then plugged in a old android tablet and everything worked. Suddenly they acted like this was a known issue and told me to roll back my IOS which isn't feasible.
Apple provides Beta's to developers for just this reason. DJI should spent a little less time on developing new AC and a little more time keeping their current AC's in the air
2018-1-28
Use props
Kansas Boy
lvl.4
United States

deadpixels Posted at 2018-1-28 05:37
Had same issue your describing a few days ago. hours spent with customer service. Told them suspected app issue.  Had me try different cables, manually re linking remote, ect ect They went as far as wanting me to ship everything to them for repair. I then plugged in a old android tablet and everything worked. Suddenly they acted like this was a known issue and told me to roll back my IOS which isn't feasible.
Apple provides Beta's to developers for just this reason. DJI should spent a little less time on developing new AC and a little more time keeping their current AC's in the air

Any resolution to your problem yet are you waiting on DJI for a solution?
2018-1-28
Use props
noflyzone69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 240361 ft
  • >>>
United States

You got to get hard and scream to DJI like a bitch and cuss a few HEY FUKING DJI  WHAT THE FUK IS GOING ON?  to get any kind of response then the ass kissers come out then you get banned BUT never  will they inform you on wtf is going on !
2018-1-28
Use props
Kansas Boy
lvl.4
United States

BrianKushner Posted at 2018-1-25 10:35
Any solution to this yet other then rolling back IOS?

I am still not operational.  No status updates from DJI.  Are you in the same situation with the same problem?
2018-1-28
Use props
scaredtodeath
lvl.1
United States

FYI: Apple's headed down the tubes; In my Spark latency tests, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0" Certified Refurbished $130 proves best, better than any iOS tab or phone (tested in Apple Store in Palo Alto, CA!)  shoulda seen their faces....lol.  Lenovo 8" came in second!
2018-1-28
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Kansas Boy Posted at 2018-1-28 11:03
I am still not operational.  No status updates from DJI.  Are you in the same situation with the same problem?

No Just wondering if they fixed.
2018-1-28
Use props
Kansas Boy
lvl.4
United States

Elektra, Administrators,

Any word on this?
2018-1-29
Use props
Kansas Boy
lvl.4
United States

The latest DJI Go 4 version that was posted last night (4.2.1) fixed my issues with the my Phantom 4 Pro.  Thanks DJI.
2018-1-30
Use props
Grumpybeard
lvl.2
Flight distance : 593356 ft
Switzerland

@Kansas Boy - does this mean latest DJI Go app works with latest vesion of IOS 11 - which version of IOS specifically works for you?  Many thanks!
2018-1-30
Use props
CanonMax
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Update the App tot 4.2.5... released one hour ago... seems to work well, but I could not fly yet

Try and tell me/us!

Thanks!
2018-1-30
Use props
Kansas Boy
lvl.4
United States

Grumpybeard Posted at 2018-1-30 05:34
@Kansas Boy - does this mean latest DJI Go app works with latest vesion of IOS 11 - which version of IOS specifically works for you?  Many thanks!

It does with my Phantom 4 Pro with the HDMI module anyway.  I am running iOS11.2.5 and DJI Go 4 .2.1 on a iPhone 8 plus and a iPad Mini 4.  I have not flown yet and I have not tested it with the Mavic or Spark but it fixed the problem the previous version of DJI Go 4 caused with no connection.

Edited to add:

I probably will not be able to fly today and verify that everything is ok.  WInds are 25 mph and gusts up above 35 mph.  Looks like I am grounded for the day.

2018-1-30
Use props
Dacon
lvl.1

United States

IOS 11.2.5 latest from Apple has some very strict protocol code to prevent any unauthorized access to data collection and downloading.
DJI being a China company and being suspect of spy activity and data collection through any means (installed on your device), Apple has blocked access of GO4 4.2.4 to IOS 11.2.5 and thus the DISCONNECTED status. Also there is a connection problem between IOS 11.2.5 and FORD radio (I guess the radios are made in China).
https://www.engadget.com/2017/11 ... rones-spying-china/
https://www.dpreview.com/news/51 ... on-the-us-for-china
https://thehackernews.com/2017/12/dji-drone-china-spying.html
2018-1-30
Use props
dronybaloney
First Officer
Flight distance : 24971795 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Dji go app 4.2.5 is now out and hopefully solves it , or not?
2018-1-30
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

dronybaloney Posted at 2018-1-30 14:00
Dji go app 4.2.5 is now out and hopefully solves it , or not?

And how to install? I turned all on and was not prompted for update, went to apple store, saw the 4.2.5, click open and bring me to the GO4 4.2.4  and no upgrade.

Will need un-install the 4.2.4 and install the 4.2.5 ? how about the data?

Anyone? DJI Support?
2018-1-30
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Kansas Boy Posted at 2018-1-28 05:13
Elektra,

Yes I tried another usb cable and that did not resolve the issue.  There was no error message.  The controller has a green light indicating it is connected to the drone and the drone can be controlled by the controller but the application shows that it is disconnected and does not respond.  I have the HDMI module installed on the controller.  I will see if i can get a screen shot and send it to you but I doubt it will show the firmware on the drone since the application shows that it is not connected.  i have tried to remove and reinstall the software and it does not make a difference.

Sir, in your case, please use the IOS 4.2.5 app and see if it works well. Please provide us feedback about this situation. Thanks a lot.
2018-2-1
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-1 04:41
Sir, in your case, we would recommend users downgrade their IOS system to 11.2.2 and see if it works. Our engineers are working on that. Thanks for your patience.

As in post number 29, your engineers released iOS DJI Go 4 V4.2.5, so hopefully that should resolve the disconnect problem between display device and RC on Phantom 4 with HDMI module. Or at least, that's what the release notes say.

No need to roll back iOS to 11.2.2.
2018-2-1
Use props
Kansas Boy
lvl.4
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-1 04:41
Sir, in your case, we would recommend users downgrade their IOS system to 11.2.2 and see if it works. Our engineers are working on that. Thanks for your patience.

The recent update to DJI GO 4 fixed my issue.  No need to "rollback" the operating system and to do something potentially harmful to my Apple device and not supported or recommended by Apple.
2018-2-1
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Aardvark Posted at 2018-2-1 04:56
As in post number 29, your engineers released iOS DJI Go 4 V4.2.5, so hopefully that should resolve the disconnect problem between display device and RC on Phantom 4 with HDMI module. Or at least, that's what the release notes say.

No need to roll back iOS to 11.2.2.

Thanks for your reminding. Please keep us updated if users continue to have the problem.
2018-2-6
Use props
djiuser_md8pElW0VL6n
lvl.1

Canada

I have a similar problem for SPARK with iOS 11.2.5 and the latest DJI Go App. Any idea? It keeps disconnecting and coming back. If I connect it with cable however, it works fine.
2018-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules