6854 28 2018-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 676260 ft
Réunion

Hi,

Since I've bought my M210 + Z30, I get a major issue: the picture from Z30 is not stable, it's always drifting...
I really  hoped that the newfirmware: Z30_FW_V01.00.00.47 would have fixed it... but it doesn't.

The drift mouvement becomes inconvenient from 30x..... at 180x it's not acceptable at all.
Everything is updated.
I can't calibrate my Cendence RC because, the right dial is blocked (as shown in calibration's window) When I move the dial, nothing happens in the calibration's windows, but in App when I move the dial the function of the rightdial seems to work well.
I did a reset setting for Gimbal: nothing's changed.
I did gimbal calibration: nothing's changed.
Issue appears with both DJI GO 4 & DJI PILOT

This video were taken from the ground: the M210 is not flying....it's really stable at ground... nothing moves but the gimbal / picture is drifting..... without any reason.

This video were taken from the ground. The picture/gimbal is not stable as it should be since the drone is not flying:
  • From 14s to the 55s, the zoom is x30, I do not use the RC and it s drifting
  • From 1min:05s to the end, the zoom is x180, I do not use the RC and it s drifting
I've also noticed that the FPV's camera's image is also drifting a littlebit... but that's acceptable because low zoom/resolution.

Is my Z30 broken? Is my M210 broken? Is it a Firmware issue?
Please help

2018-1-24
Use props
DS-3DR
lvl.1
United States

Sounds like you've been quite thorough with all your fix steps. I have the same slow pan problem. So I don't believe that it's a problem that specifically affects your gimbal.

My initial thought was that the gimbal needed to be calibrated. Though you seem to have taken care of that.
Could be a hardware limitation with the gimbal being unable to keep it steady enough at that high zoom.
2018-1-24
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

I think it also could be a M210's compas issue since I also see the FPV's camera drifts.
Would be interesting to get feedback for Z30's user with orther platform M600 etc.
2018-1-24
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

DJI Mindy?

Is this problem already known by DJI? is it about compas's M210 issue?
Please support.

I'm going to send you back and ask for full refund if no answer soon.
2018-1-26
Use props
HyperSpectral
lvl.4
Flight distance : 839160 ft
United States

YOYOMAN Posted at 2018-1-26 05:37
DJI Mindy?

Is this problem already known by DJI? is it about compas's M210 issue?

send it back, get a refund, purchase another one until its functional
ive found the best results where I can inhibit their income because then they actually care
2018-1-26
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

HyperSpectral Posted at 2018-1-26 07:26
send it back, get a refund, purchase another one until its functional
ive found the best results where I can inhibit their income because then they actually care

Hi,
Does your 210 compas/gps work well?
Do you use Z30? Have you seen drifting image?
Have you ever send your M210? How long time it takes? How works the new one?
2018-1-26
Use props
HyperSpectral
lvl.4
Flight distance : 839160 ft
United States

YOYOMAN Posted at 2018-1-26 09:29
Hi,
Does your 210 compas/gps work well?
Do you use Z30? Have you seen drifting image?

never used the M210, we have 3 M600's and an Inspire 2. sorry i cant help
2018-1-26
Use props
US Aerial Video
lvl.2

United States

Obviously this is very frustrating and I agree for the money spent your equipment should function properly.  That being said the drift issue should not affect your operation in flight. Even if there was zero drift when stationary you will still be suffering drift issues when the drone is in flight simply due to the fact that the drone is always subtlety moving around even when hovering. With the Z-30, the camera operator is always busy trying to keep the subject in the frame when zoomed in no matter how calm the conditions are. The drift issue probably wont even be noticeable in flight.
2018-1-26
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

DJI? Is this drifting normal and commun for all  Z30gimbal ???
2018-1-27
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

US Aerial Video Posted at 2018-1-26 09:55
Obviously this is very frustrating and I agree for the money spent your equipment should function properly.  That being said the drift issue should not affect your operation in flight. Even if there was zero drift when stationary you will still be suffering drift issues when the drone is in flight simply due to the fact that the drone is always subtlety moving around even when hovering. With the Z-30, the camera operator is always busy trying to keep the subject in the frame when zoomed in no matter how calm the conditions are. The drift issue probably wont even be noticeable in flight.

Thanks for reply. I have to try in the air but I wont try with buggy gps and compas...
2018-1-27
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

YOYOMAN Posted at 2018-1-27 03:57
DJI? Is this drifting normal and commun for all  Z30gimbal ???

What s about owners of Z30 + Inspire1 or matrice 100 or matrice 600. Same drift?
2018-1-27
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

US Aerial Video Posted at 2018-1-26 09:55

Hi,

Yes it is, since people who has sent back their M210 seems to have not anymore issue with Z30:
DRNE UK Limited in this topic: https://forum.dji.com/thread-130125-1-1.html
2018-1-27
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

And lastest Z30 firmware doesn't fix the drifting issue.....
the release note doesn't mention drifting issue.... https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... elease_Notes_en.pdf

Please how long time until Z30 will work ?
thanks
2018-1-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi YOYOMAN, sorry for the difficulties you are experiencing, the issue has been escalated to our R&D engineers for further analysis, I will keep you updated once I hear from them, appreciate your patience.
2018-1-29
Use props
jburkett
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Hi YOYOMAN, there are two issues per the video.
Firstly, drifting to one direction, in your video, the 30x part,  at first the gimbal is drifting to one direction at the first beginning, which is caused by gyro bias,  we are working on optimizing it now,  which will get improved by the firmware in the future.
Secondly, in the 180x part, the gimbal is drifting randomly, this is caused by the rate gyro senor noise, called "angular random walk" , which is existing in all rate gyro sensor, especially the MEMS gyro that is used in the Z30. The ''angular random walk'' can only be solved by using higher grade sensor, like the fiber optic gyro, which is usually more expensive and heavier than a single Z30.  We suggest to use the tracking function in the M210 to optimize the drifting phenomenon.
2018-1-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

The post in 15# is from our R&D engineers, please check it and keep me updated if there is further problem, thank you.
2018-1-31
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

jburkett@zackburkettco.com Posted at 2018-1-31 00:28
Hi YOYOMAN, there are two issues per the video.
Firstly, drifting to one direction, in your video, the 30x part,  at first the gimbal is drifting to one direction at the first beginning, which is caused by gyro bias,  we are working on optimizing it now,  which will get improved by the firmware in the future.
Secondly, in the 180x part, the gimbal is drifting randomly, this is caused by the rate gyro senor noise, called "angular random walk" , which is existing in all rate gyro sensor, especially the MEMS gyro that is used in the Z30. The ''angular random walk'' can only be solved by using higher grade sensor, like the fiber optic gyro, which is usually more expensive and heavier than a single Z30.  We suggest to use the tracking function in the M210 to optimize the drifting phenomenon.

thanks for information.
About the first issue, how long time can we suppose to wait you to fix it?
it is about days? weeks? months? more?
because I'm afraid about your "in the future"

Need to know because I could send back my Z30 for this reason: it s a known issue, and if it is not one of your main priority, I prefer invest my money in others solutions for the moment.

Thanks in advance for reply.
2018-1-31
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-31 00:30
The post in 15# is from our R&D engineers, please check it and keep me updated if there is further problem, thank you.

Thanks for help Mindy,

it is about days? weeks? months? more?

Need to know because I could send back my Z30 for this reason: it s a known issue, and if it is not one of your main priority, I prefer invest my money in others solutions for the moment.

Thanks in advance for reply.
2018-1-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

YOYOMAN Posted at 2018-1-31 06:19
Thanks for help Mindy,

Sir, our engineers are working on it, I do not have an estimated date at the moment, please pay attention to our website, thank you.
2018-2-5
Use props
Mingxi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15138 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Yoyoman. I think this sort of drift within normal amount for all Z30 gimbal. There is a 'vision stabilization' button on the top left corner in DJI Pilot App, have you tried that? I suppose it would help with the drift, but it won't work in 180x zoom, because it is too blurry for computer vision algorithm.
2018-2-24
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

Mingxi Posted at 2018-2-24 02:54
Hello Yoyoman. I think this sort of drift within normal amount for all Z30 gimbal. There is a 'vision stabilization' button on the top left corner in DJI Pilot App, have you tried that? I suppose it would help with the drift, but it won't work in 180x zoom, because it is too blurry for computer vision algorithm.

Hi,
I've tried and this is not enough. It doesn't work well with moving subject. As you can see many people have trouble with drift. The Z30 is not usable for inspection at the moment: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 7&page=1#pid1378106
What is the point to get x180 if Z30 is not able to stabilize on a point even 1 second...

Does the next firmware will help with the drift?
2018-5-28
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

Mingxi Posted at 2018-2-24 02:54
Hello Yoyoman. I think this sort of drift within normal amount for all Z30 gimbal. There is a 'vision stabilization' button on the top left corner in DJI Pilot App, have you tried that? I suppose it would help with the drift, but it won't work in 180x zoom, because it is too blurry for computer vision algorithm.

DJI Mingxi,
I've tried 'vision stabilization', but even if I'm under X30, when I use select an area it changes automaticly the zoom lvl, and it makes this feature not usefull at all.
Do you have any solution? tutorial or any explanation?!
2018-5-28
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-5 02:31
Sir, our engineers are working on it, I do not have an estimated date at the moment, please pay attention to our website, thank you.

DJI Mindy, can you help?
2018-5-28
Use props
P40Steve
lvl.2

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-5 02:31
Sir, our engineers are working on it, I do not have an estimated date at the moment, please pay attention to our website, thank you.

Hey Mindy,
   We just got the Z30 for our M210 and it looks like we have the drift issue as well.  Is there any update on this?  We are wanting to use the camera for field inspections and the drift makes it difficult to use.
Thanks,
   Steve
2018-6-1
Use props
bobo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1544416 ft
  • >>>
United States

P40Steve Posted at 2018-6-1 07:13
Hey Mindy,
   We just got the Z30 for our M210 and it looks like we have the drift issue as well.  Is there any update on this?  We are wanting to use the camera for field inspections and the drift makes it difficult to use.
Thanks,

I also just purchased the Z30 and have drift issues with a M600. My M210 hasn't arrived yet.
2018-6-1
Use props
Chop1
New

Australia

I am also experiencing major drift with the z30. I have updated all the cameras battery’s etc. still can’t getbrid of the drift. It is very frustrating.
2019-5-26
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Maybe it's not adjusting for the Earth's rotation rate.
2019-5-29
Use props
Robert K
lvl.2

Poland

Hello, unfortunately in my M210 also Z30 drifts from what I looked at the rest of my friends who have such equipment, the problem is the same, summarizing Z30 is a defective product and has not been fully tested before the sale, I hope DJI will stand up and fix this problem, if not the product does not meet the specification and should be returned. Greetings.
2019-6-3
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Maybe it's moving w/ the satellites in outer space.  Maybe you need an RTK so it doesn't drift.

Maybe they should've just made it a 20x so it's lighter or made the gimbal motors bigger.  Maybe this is how it is with all the other drones but we never zoom in 30x so we don't know.  Maybe at 10x it would be hard to tell but 30x is too much maybe.

Someone in the youtube comments said he calibrated the RC and it fixed everything.
2019-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules