Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Unusable M1 Gimbal
1118 5 2018-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69455 ft
United States

I just purchased an M1 Gimbal from the DJI store.  It arrived today and I found it unusable.  Phone support was contacted and I was informed that I would have to change the firmware on my Osmo+ handle to make it work; and that swapping back to my regular camera would then also require a firmware swap.  I was not aware of this problem when I purchased this, it is not listed on the product page, nor is it even mentioned in the setup instructions.  The only reason I got this was to use active track when needed and then switch back to my normal Osmo+ camera, having to change the firmware each and every time is far too cumbersome and completely unacceptable, had I known of this problem I never would have ordered it.  For my purposes, this thing is a paperweight and I would like to return it for a full refund.

Further, I used DJI credits (earned through the affiliate program, to fund most of my order.  Will I get them back, or will I be getting a check?  I am fine with just having the credits returned, as there are other products you have that I will spend them on, but is that possible?

Keeping this thing is not an option as I am unwilling to play musical firmware every time I swap as, as I said, I would be using this exclusively for active track, all other shots would use the far superior Osmo+ camera so I would have to swap firmware far too often to be reasonable.  I would rather just make do without active track than to put up with that Agravation.

I also STRONGLY advise you to place a warning on the M1 Gimbal product page advising of the firmware problem.

2018-1-24
Use props
lvl.4
United States

That is the message that I just sent DJI support, I post it here as well as I have no illusions of getting a timely response from DJI support, and the return clock is ticking.

I also want others aware of the problem so they don’t mistakenly purchase one of these as well.
2018-1-24
Use props
lvl.4
United States

After a long and unproductive chat over DJI’s instant messenger thing, I have been told that a refund would likely be for the cash part of the order only (about $20) and that I would eat the difference that was paid with DJI credit.  This is unacceptable.  I have been told that this has been forwarded to the North American Escalation Department, and that I will be getting an EMail at some unspecified time in the next 48 hours.  We shall see.
2018-1-24
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

9245 Posted at 2018-1-24 12:12
After a long and unproductive chat over DJI’s instant messenger thing, I have been told that a refund would likely be for the cash part of the order only (about $20) and that I would eat the difference that was paid with DJI credit.  This is unacceptable.  I have been told that this has been forwarded to the North American Escalation Department, and that I will be getting an EMail at some unspecified time in the next 48 hours.  We shall see.

Sorry for the unexpected experience. Please provide me the case number and I would check the details for you. Thanks for your support.
2018-1-27
Use props
lvl.4
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-27 23:43
Sorry for the unexpected experience. Please provide me the case number and I would check the details for you. Thanks for your support.

Personal message sent.
2018-1-28
Use props
fans7e66d0cc
lvl.2

United Kingdom

thanks for this heads up i have an original osmo (not osmo+) and was considering m1 as you say they should tell people that you need to switch firmware with each head change...crazy!!!.
2018-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules