Warning Space Overlay Obscures Map
3280 8 2018-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Photo Hunter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 31772 ft
United States

Hi all!  Newbie here so I hope this isn't a stupid question but it seems that suddenly the warning zone overlay on my map is so dense that I can not really see my map.  I have searched but can't find a solution to this problem.  Any suggestions?
2018-1-24
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Sir, please tell me the model of your device. Can you provide a screenshot about the situation? Thanks for your support.
2018-1-27
Use props
Photo Hunter
lvl.2
United States

Elektra,

I am flying a Phantom 4 Pro.  DJI Go 4  App version 4.2.4; iOS 11.2.2; aircraft firmware version 01.04.0602; RC firmware 01.04.01.00  Using an iPad mini 4 or iPhone 7 plus.

Please note that I have three enhanced warning zones in my area: Class D airspace, Class E2 airspace & a MOA respectively.  As you can see from the screenshot, it appears there are 5 or more and the cumulative layering of the warning zones renders the map unusable.  I am an FAA Part 107 certified pilot.  With appropriate permission, I am permitted to fly in these areas.  Being able to see map details is a safety issue I would hope can be addressed by DJI.  Thank you for your time!
2018-1-28
Use props
Photo Hunter
lvl.2
United States

Here is a shot of a portion of the larger map where it is easier to see that the map is unreadable.
2018-1-28
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

I hope you get better luck than i had, the closer the overlap, the worse it get.
It look like it should be possible to turn the layer off but i newer have found a setting for this.
2018-1-28
Use props
Photo Hunter
lvl.2
United States

KedDK Posted at 2018-1-28 05:06
I hope you get better luck than i had, the closer the overlap, the worse it get.
It look like it should be possible to turn the layer off but i newer have found a setting for this.

Doubt I'll have better luck but it is worth a try.  The ability to turn off Geo from within the Go 4 app went away with the 4.1.10 update I think.  I may be wrong, but I just don't recall the map being so illegible before.  

After doing a little comparison using the Airman App, it is obvious that the warning overlay is based on FAA "Fly For Fun" guidelines.  Totally understandable that DJI would use those parameters since not every drone pilot is Part 107 certified.  I just want the shading lightened up so that I can actually see the map.
2018-1-28
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Photo Hunter Posted at 2018-1-28 06:46
Doubt I'll have better luck but it is worth a try.  The ability to turn off Geo from within the Go 4 app went away with the 4.1.10 update I think.  I may be wrong, but I just don't recall the map being so illegible before.  

After doing a little comparison using the Airman App, it is obvious that the warning overlay is based on FAA "Fly For Fun" guidelines.  Totally understandable that DJI would use those parameters since not every drone pilot is Part 107 certified.  I just want the shading lightened up so that I can actually see the map.

It was not an option to disable the Geo system (even that i would like that as is) i ment, clearly the color is an overlay made by the App and not a part of the map itself. As i read Diana's reply it sounds like the layer could be turned on/off, that could do it for me.
2018-1-28
Use props
Photo Hunter
lvl.2
United States

KedDK Posted at 2018-1-28 07:31
It was not an option to disable the Geo system (even that i would like that as is) i ment, clearly the color is an overlay made by the App and not a part of the map itself. As i read Diana's reply it sounds like the layer could be turned on/off, that could do it for me.

This is what I was referring to in regards to disabling Geo.  This is a screen shot from  Go 4 v4.1.9
2018-1-28
Use props
fans980a1579
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4039862 ft
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-27 17:32
Sir, please tell me the model of your device. Can you provide a screenshot about the situation? Thanks for your support.

I’m flying a Phantom 4 Pro v2 and have the same issue. The map is now practically useless!

This is crazy- “safety” overlays that totally obscure the map.
Please get DJI TO FIX THIS!!!
1C49D728-5FBA-4EDC-966A-3DFBFEEDE514.png
7FA2E06E-24D0-4958-85E9-6CF76ADD5A55.png
2019-4-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules