Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Assistant 2 not working
12Next >
51171 45 2018-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansac18de8e
lvl.1
United States

I downloaded the DJI assistant 2 to my computer.  Whenever I launch the program and the login, the only I see is a large icon mentioning inspire and how to connect that machine.
Its like the program is for the inspire and not the mavic pro.  When i hooked up the mavic to my laptop nothing happens.
Any ideas what to do next?
2018-1-24
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

You need to connect either your Mavic or the controller to your computer via usb cable and then turn it on. Then open Assistant 2 and within a short time, you should see an icon appear for either the RC or Mavic, which ever one you have connected and turned on. With the Mavic, make sure you remove the gimbal clamp first.
2018-1-24
Use props
Simmo1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1624 ft
Australia

The drivers are not installed. DJI did not get them signed off by Microsoft, so they wont install.
Google unsigned driver install, and you will get how to do it.
2018-1-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, please make sure that you had powered on the drone after connecting the drone and PC. If the DJI Assistant 2 still doesn't recognize the drone, try another connecting cable, or reinstall the application. See if it works.
2018-1-26
Use props
fansac18de8e
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-26 04:13
Hi, please make sure that you had powered on the drone after connecting the drone and PC. If the DJI Assistant 2 still doesn't recognize the drone, try another connecting cable, or reinstall the application. See if it works.

None of this works
Did DJi resolve the digital signature
2018-1-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fansac18de8e Posted at 2018-1-28 10:09
None of this works

Hi, may I know the version of your DJI Assistant 2? Please ensure it is the latest v1.2.0 downloaded from DJI official web. If it doesn't work, you might need to change another PC. For the digital signature disable, it is just for a try.
2018-2-6
Use props
fansac18de8e
lvl.1
United States

fansac18de8e Posted at 2018-1-28 10:09
None of this works

version 1.2.2.827
2018-2-8
Use props
fansac18de8e
lvl.1
United States

version 1.2.0 is the assistant 2 is was using for the mavic pro
can i just return this for repair with my refresh package i bought
2018-2-8
Use props
shingy
lvl.2
United States

I have this same issue  with DJIA that I just downloaded on an updated MacBook pro.
2018-4-12
Use props
fanse9cfe839
New
Flight distance : 87487 ft
United States

This reply is BULL**IT and only demonstrates that you know nothing of the subject on which you purport to speak.  Yeah, jack***.  I HAVE MY MAVIC PRO HOOKED UP TO THE COMPUTER!  So, unless you actually have had the same problenm AND SOLVED IT, shut up about the fixes!
2018-5-18
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

fanse9cfe839 Posted at 2018-5-18 17:42
This reply is BULL**IT and only demonstrates that you know nothing of the subject on which you purport to speak.  Yeah, jack***.  I HAVE MY MAVIC PRO HOOKED UP TO THE COMPUTER!  So, unless you actually have had the same problenm AND SOLVED IT, shut up about the fixes!

When you have your computer (Mac?) connected to drone, and you open Assistant 2; do you get past opening screen?

You should see an animation that shows USB plug going into computer.   After that screen should change to different screen showing model name of your drone.

Opening.jpg
2018-5-18
Use props
chicotexas
lvl.1

United States

If you have a MAC reboot computer and on your Launchpad will appear as Assistant.
2018-5-26
Use props
Grany
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1496 ft

Any resolution here?  I'm having this same problem.  

I am attempting to update firmware for both Mavic and controller at the same time with the provided USB cable connected to the drone.  I'm using the instruction provided here:   (The 2nd option in the video instructs me to do both controller and Mavic separately.)

The Mavic and controller recognize each other, but I don't get past the step where I am asked to connect the USB into the PC.
2018-8-11
Use props
Grany
lvl.1

Alright, I am not sure how long I'll be waiting for some kind of feedback, so here's my plan:

I'm going to try and update my firmware by using the Go 4 app using these instruction:   &    &  

Now, it's unfortunate that the DJI Assistant 2 is not currently operating correctly (I hope there is an easy fix), but, I am glad that there are two ways to update the firmware.

I'll let you know how it goes.
2018-8-11
Use props
Grany
lvl.1

fanse9cfe839 Posted at 2018-5-18 17:42
This reply is BULL**IT and only demonstrates that you know nothing of the subject on which you purport to speak.  Yeah, jack***.  I HAVE MY MAVIC PRO HOOKED UP TO THE COMPUTER!  So, unless you actually have had the same problenm AND SOLVED IT, shut up about the fixes!

Did you get this resolved?  If so, How?
2018-8-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Grany Posted at 2018-8-11 09:18
Alright, I am not sure how long I'll be waiting for some kind of feedback, so here's my plan:

I'm going to try and update my firmware by using the Go 4 app using these instruction: https://youtu.be/uiti4FWh9M0  &  https://youtu.be/EJqpBlvXn3g  &  https://youtu.be/VJSB8inrJgs

Hello there, I do apologize for the inconvenience caused. Just to clarify, are you using a PC or laptop? Please make sure to connect your drone to your PC before turning it on. Also make sure that your firewall and anti-virus must be off. If this will not work, please try to use different USB cable or try to use DJI Assistant 2 into different computer. Should you have further question, please let me know. Thank you.
2018-8-11
Use props
Will Falcon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 937608 ft
Hong Kong

so, how many computers should I have? I have the same problem with lately unboxed mavic 2 and my macbook pro. Also I was trying to switch this on using DJI GO and my iPhone, and it stack between authorization and nowhere (grey button “authorize drone”)
Assistant 2 does not see the drone, macbook recognize it as 2 drives 8GB internal storage  & 64GB memory flash
2018-8-29
Use props
ayavilevich
New
Israel

I had a similar issue, where the drone (Phantom) would not be detected in DJI Assistant 2. This always worked on my previous computer but didn't work on my new one.
The cause in my case was a COM port conflict.
The drone uses a virtual COM device. The default serial windows drivers are fine. There is actually no need for the unsigned DJI supplied drivers on Windows 10. They don't even install well.

However, the drone uses COM3 as the virtual port and I already had another device using this.

After disabling the "Intel Active Management Technology" virtual COM port in device manager and connecting the drone it was detected fine!

It might be possible to resolve the conflict by allocating a different COM port to one of the existing devices, but I didn't try it. Disabling this Intel feature that I don't use is best for me.
Hope it helps.
2018-8-30
Use props
Bmallon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22251 ft

Will Falcon Posted at 2018-8-29 21:28
so, how many computers should I have? I have the same problem with lately unboxed mavic 2 and my macbook pro. Also I was trying to switch this on using DJI GO and my iPhone, and it stack between authorization and nowhere (grey button “authorize drone”)
Assistant 2 does not see the drone, macbook recognize it as 2 drives 8GB internal storage  & 64GB memory flash

Did you get this resolved? I have the same issue, brand new Mavic 2 Pro with goggles and I can use the goggle because of this active 2 assistant issue. Dji support actually told me my goggle USB port is broken even though they charge fine, I can’t beleive how terrible their support is. Well if you have a fix, let me know?
2018-8-31
Use props
Bmallon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22251 ft

Bmallon Posted at 2018-8-31 18:13
Did you get this resolved? I have the same issue, brand new Mavic 2 Pro with goggles and I can use the goggle because of this active 2 assistant issue. Dji support actually told me my goggle USB port is broken even though they charge fine, I can’t beleive how terrible their support is. Well if you have a fix, let me know?

I was able to determine that Dji has an Active Assitant for each device, so I needed to download 1 version for the RE Goggles and a separate version for the Mavic 2 Pro to get everything updated and activated.
2018-8-31
Use props
Lucas Dabrowski
New

Ireland

Hi All !

same issue here, Mavic Pro and DJI Assistant 2  - no connection. my laptop only see Mavic as a storage card with photos.
tried to install usb missing cdc  drivers but no difference at all
went through several youtube videos and topics but still no solution

did anyone solved it ?

2018-9-9
Use props
Lucas MavicPro
New

Ireland

Wanted to update to help others.

In windows 8 and 8.1 you have to disable the driver signature.
I did a search on how to do this. I searched:  "disable driver signature windows 8.1"
I disabled it, uninstalled the DJI assistant 2 program and reinstalled it.

Now the Mavic connects all the time as it should.
2018-9-9
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10318117 ft
Canada

the first time I tried to update it just would not work, and I mean I had mountains of problems, so very frustrating, I went through 4 batteries worth, the thing is I just don't quit, and the very next day I tried again, but I went through the DJI go 4 app and I don't know why but this time it worked. I am sure that eventually you will get it, computers and computer jargon is not my forte but if you persist you will have that problem fixed.
2018-9-9
Use props
djiuser_AbYIv816m1GZ
New
United States

I restarted my computer, reinstalled assistant , openedd4installer in folder, right clicked install file, run as administrator, and its WORKING NOW. hope this helps. Also if your internet doesnt work during install, disconnect, reconnect, and try downloading firmeare update again
2018-10-27
Use props
Sky Cam
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10201549 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

I think that is a special problem.   Microsoft  =  USA       DJI   =   Chines
2019-3-17
Use props
Renna
lvl.2
Flight distance : 307395 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-8-11 09:33
Hello there, I do apologize for the inconvenience caused. Just to clarify, are you using a PC or laptop? Please make sure to connect your drone to your PC before turning it on. Also make sure that your firewall and anti-virus must be off. If this will not work, please try to use different USB cable or try to use DJI Assistant 2 into different computer. Should you have further question, please let me know. Thank you.

Hi. I have tried both pc desktop and laptop. Both using Windows 10 and with different cords, different usb ports and always the same response. The only one I get any further is the newer version which is 2.0 something and I get the first picture but it doesn't recognize anything I plug in to it. Remember I have tried to do all the simple things, even adjust my screen resolution. Still nothing. I haven't disabled my firewall, although unless the free virus protection that has since expired did.
20190323_122520.jpg
20190323_125359.jpg
2019-3-23
Use props
djiuser_7HLDn5uuBr97
New

Austria

Hi everyone, this worked for me:

1) Connect your drone to your PC first, then launch DJI Assistant 2
2) DJI Assistant recognized the drone, click on the icon
3) Unplug drone
4) Power on remote controller and connect to drone
5) Connect remote controller to PC
6) Launch DJI Assistant 2

Then my drone appeared and now I'm able to upgrade the firmware.
2019-6-5
Use props
djiuser_89Wfmgy2SUyp
New

United States

I spent a couple frustrating hours fighting this. Finally switched to a different USB charging cable and it worked perfectly.
2019-8-20
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

One other thing I might throw into this is when I activated my MP, I was having issues with the bird's signal to the controller was  actually interfering with the wifi signal to the pc.
I went with a hardwire LAN cable to the pc, turned of pc wifi and BAZINGA! speed right thru it.
2019-8-20
Use props
Brosnaw
New

Had same problem. Plugged in to Mac directly instead of through an external USB port and it worked.
2019-9-22
Use props
jackodogandroid
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60371 ft
United States

windows pc phantom phantom3 pro phantom4  mavic 2 pro
all connect with asant 1 time and have never connected again, really sucks
i need to calibrate mavic 2 pro sensors, no luck.
2019-10-28
Use props
jackodogandroid
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60371 ft
United States

11/11/2019 "HOLLY CRAP"
assiant 2 couldn't log in no firmware would load, but i got my mavic 2 zoom calibrated!!!!
assant worked 1 time only, will not see mav zoom again!
2019-11-11
Use props
Buffalou
New

United States

What a nightmare. Remote will not pair with brand new mini...assistant 2 (windows 10 desktop) does nothing and won't recognize the drone or the remote despite multiple ports and cords. Trash.
2020-4-17
Use props
WUHAN
New

United States

Did they ever fix this problem?? After a long time I finally downloaded Assistant 2 to update from my PC and I'm having the same problem as the OP in this old thread! Tried much of what is recommended here but stays stuck on the "connect to inspire screen" Has anyone solved this, is it just not usable? Thanks
2020-10-23
Use props
Amir_Amir
New
United States

Nothing has worked so far, "downward sensor issue", unable to calibrate and it DJI assist does not recognize the drone. I'll return the drone tomorrow but make sure at least one part of your product works.  
2021-3-10
Use props
micron legend
New

Canada

The solution for flashing lights, hot device but no usb connection. The device is not actually ON. Things that do not turn it on include pressing the power button, holding it, or plugging in the usb cord. In the instruction book it only says to turn the device on, but not how. It says how in the setup on the phone app. What you do is press the power button, (next to the 4 white lights) quickly first, then hold it for 2 seconds and then release. If you do anything else the choppa will not switch on. The same sequence is required to power it down also. Just pressing the power button only displays how much juice the battery has. When the copter is powered up the rear button light bar underneath it will cycle different colors and the propellers will twitch for a moment. The camera eye will move around too. You can do the initial activation way easier on a phone. The power steps for the chopper also apply to the remote too. Two presses required. It will beep loudly when you have done it properly. The staff at DJI all work in China, they don't speak terrific English so it's hard for them to come on here and answer questions.
2021-3-14
Use props
fans32aa9c83
New
Flight distance : 20942 ft
  • >>>
United States

I’m going to comment on this old post in hopes that something has been resolved, the last time I had any of my drones connected to my computer I had to go through the unsigned driver bullcrap, is this still the situation, because I am trying to connect my I2 to assistant now, a fresh install and cannot get it to connect to calibrate vision sensors, it seems as though it’s always something, I’ve got a spark, air and inspire 2 and I don’t think they have all been ready to fly at the same givin time, well, not at the same same time but the same time not flying LOL! Anyway appreciate any help thanks!
2021-4-8
Use props
fans32aa9c83
New
Flight distance : 20942 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just bought a new laptop to do this also for fear I’d have a hard time doing it on my Mac, the Microsoft pc asked me if I wanted to change to S mode, which I did thinking it would allow the assistant to download, I am very extremely aggravated had I only know I most certainly would of did something different, because this DJI stuff is a pain in the ass. Sorry..... thanks!
2021-4-8
Use props
AKQuad
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41739 ft
United States

I am so frustrated.  I bought this DJI Drone Platinum drone just before Covid.  I had flown in 3 times.  Now I can't get this assistant to work.  I see there aren't any updates anymore.  I thought Okay well lets turn it in for an upgrade.  They say they will give me $254.  This company is no good.   Sad, because it's a great product.  Unless something changes, I will never buy a new DJI product again.  

Has to be a political thing.
2021-6-21
Use props
djiuser_oZc7OXjn3GRD
New
United States

My user experience so far. :
Aircraft locked firmware update required
Server error wait a moment and try again
Please connect to DJI assistant via computer
DJI assistant will not install on Microsoft
DJI assistant stuck on how to connect to device
Please reinstall DJI assistant and try again
Stuck on how to connect to inspire 2 (I have a mini 3 pro)
2022-9-28
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules