Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ro-copter.de
lvl.2
Flight distance : 220633 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Dear forum members,

as i shoot mainly 60 fps raw dng on the x5s i'm stuck to narrow fov. To compensate the narrow fov i mounted the supported zuiko 9-14mm with the appropriate balancing rings. The lens is longer than the prime lenses, and not balanced well on the side axis (tilt balance is ok) and the gimbal makes a rattling sound for around 10 seconds after startup. Is the a wide angle lens you can recommend which maybe is not officialy supported that is shorter and lighter? What are your opinions on the 12mm zuiko 2.0?

thanks in advance

2018-1-24
Use props
yuumee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1039029 ft
Taiwan

Check out Laowa 7.5mm f/2. It’s the world’s widest rectilinear f/2 lens for Micro Four Thirds cameras.
2018-1-24
Use props
ro-copter.de
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

I just ordered it ... ill let you know how it performs... best thing is that its a manual lens so you can set a aperture between 5 and 8 and focus a Little before infinity and its easy going... thanks to that recommendation
2018-1-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

ro-copter.de Posted at 2018-1-24 13:43
I just ordered it ... ill let you know how it performs... best thing is that its a manual lens so you can set a aperture between 5 and 8 and focus a Little before infinity and its easy going... thanks to that recommendation

Though it is not in our compatible list, it seems many users are using that, but we are unable to provide any support to the third party product, thanks for your understanding.
Looking forward to great footage from you.
2018-1-26
Use props
ro-copter.de
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

Thanks Mindy for the Information,

i know it is not supported, the reason why i don't use the supported zuiko 9-18 is, that even with the recommended balancing rings it is not well balanced on the roll axis and i don't want to overheat the gimbal motors, you can see the balancing in this video i did:
Some people have already postet requests to officially support the laowa. I do mostly Jobs for architects with fast flybys, so i'm stuck to 60fps narrow and really have to compensate the narrow fpv with a wide angle lens that is balanced well.

BTW: Here is some of my footage:

2018-1-26
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-26 01:34
Though it is not in our compatible list, it seems many users are using that, but we are unable to provide any support to the third party product, thanks for your understanding.
Looking forward to great footage from you.

Mindy, I noticed that Olympus also does not automatically support the Laowa 7.5mm lens as it had no chip on the back to talk to the camera.

However, Olympus does allow for manual use within the camera's menu to set the needed EXIF data for that lens so it will work and any images made with it are readable by editing software for both video and still photos.  Perhaps a manual lens setup could be incorporated into GO so that any manual lenses could be used with the DJI cameras?

I've loaded a bunch of old manual lenses into my two OLympus bodies and they work well without the need to hot-swap.  It asks for Lens name, Focal length, and f/stop value.  Once installed, I select that stored lens from the Manual Lens Settings menu and all is right with the world again.

2018-1-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2018-1-27 07:41
Mindy, I noticed that Olympus also does not automatically support the Laowa 7.5mm lens as it had no chip on the back to talk to the camera.

However, Olympus does allow for manual use within the camera's menu to set the needed EXIF data for that lens so it will work and any images made with it are readable by editing software for both video and still photos.  Perhaps a manual lens setup could be incorporated into GO so that any manual lenses could be used with the DJI cameras?

Nice thought, thanks for your suggestions, I will forward to our engineers for future consideration, we will also keep improving our products to make our customers have a better experience.
2018-1-30
Use props
ro-copter.de
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

Hi Mindy,

i much appreciate you forwarded this to the engineers, ive testet the laowa meanwhile ...hotswapping works well but when the laowa is attached from the start up my go4 crashes on the ipad.
2018-2-1
Use props
ro-copter.de
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

Hi Mindy,

as i have done some projects with my GH4 with the Laowa i can tell now that for me it is very good lens. For all the projects that have to be done 60fps where you have big buildings and not much space around the laowa would massively extend the use of the Inspire 2. Dji would do me and many other pilots a big favour if the lowa was supported without hotswapping/appcrash, or manual lenses in general. Right now i use the x4s for 60fps because it supports high frame rate without increased crop factor but i would instantly change for my x5s if the laowa was supported.
2018-3-7
Use props
ro-copter.de
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

Push... just that it doesn't get forgotten any development in full fov 60fps or manual lens support?
2018-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules