In need of knowledge...
593 8 2018-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BluesDragon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 634291 ft
United States

I've recently updated my Go 4 app to 4.2.4... my iOS (iPad mini 4) to 11.2.5.. and my FW is at 01.04.0200 on my Mavic Pro (mnf:3/17/17- activated:4/26/17)

Since doing so my Status Indicator light has been acting up. After lift off it will change to 3 quick yellow flashes. Every now and then going back to green (normal). If I'm understanding the flash codes properly, this is to indicate "no signal from the RC, or no downward/forward sensors". Although I have zero warnings on the RC or iPad screen, the sensors, both front and bottom, do as they're supposed to when placing my hand in front or below the AC...? Am I misinterpreting the flash code here? I've also been through my settings, three times over, and nothing is shouting out to me there.

I did notice a post about the latest GO 4 update affecting a few of the drone models, but didn't see the MP on that list. Like I said, I still have control and my AC flies and responds as it should. I just get too nervous and my anxiety spikes when I got 'er up a ways and see those 3 yellow flashes instead of green.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

2018-1-24
Use props
BluesDragon
lvl.4
United States

I know, right? A complete freakin mystery...
2018-1-26
Use props
Simmo1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1624 ft
Australia

Upgrade your iOS.
2018-1-26
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

He said he is running most current iOS, 11.2.5

Wondering if the RC/MP FW is different. How did you update FW, Thru Assistant 2 or via WiFi thru Mini 4/RC
2018-1-26
Use props
BluesDragon
lvl.4
United States

I do all my updates through the mini4/RC via wifi.

I'll check the FW on the RC and see that it matches up.. that is something that slipped through my trouble shooting.... thanks!
2018-1-26
Use props
BluesDragon
lvl.4
United States

OK... checked and all are up to date... the RC shows as 01.04.0200 as well. Also checked that the calibrations are all good.

Took 'er out front and burned a battery going up and down the street. Still going into the 3 yellow flashes and back to green and so on and so forth. Even put 'er in sport mode and same difference. While in sport mode, I was yawing a 360* spin, while hovering right in front of me. One spin... green... then the next spin 3 yellows.. a few more spins.. green again. I'm at a total loss. I tried to see if there was a pattern on how many 3 series yellow flashes before going green again... no pattern to it that I can tell. Almost makes me think of a loose connection inside somewhere.
2018-1-26
Use props
EastyT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 970374 ft
United States

Triple yellow flashes mean that high-frequency vibration was detected by the aircraft's IMU.  This has been caused but the new low noise props being slightly out of balance. I would try a different set of props if you have them. Were you flying aggressively at all?  High wind?  Turbulence?  
2018-1-26
Use props
BluesDragon
lvl.4
United States

Did have some high winds the other day, but I don't fly very aggressive. Hardly ever use sport mode even.

Interesting thought on the props though. It just so happens about the time this started I put on a new set of the OEM props. I also have a set of those other (platinum) props, but took them off due to the gimble vibration they had caused. I'll try another set of the OEMs and see if it does the trick.  Thanks....
2018-1-26
Use props
BluesDragon
lvl.4
United States

OK... follow up here. It looks as though it is the props causing my issue. Thanks for that insight, as well as the correct meaning of the flash code. So here is what I found...

Upon close (magnifying glass close) inspection of the new props.. the two ccw props are tagged as 8330s, whereas the two cw props are tagged as 3380s. Looking at the older (OEM) props, they all are tagged as 8330s! At first I though maybe it's just a misprint from the manufacturer. So I used the two older cw props with the two newer ccw props and took 'er back out front. Still had the yellow flashing issue. Then I decided, wth, let me see what happens when I put on the platinum props (8331s). Funny thing is... not one set of yellow flashes with these props.

So, in conclusion, it does appear to be an issue with the props. I feel much better knowing this is the problem, rather then something internal. Thanks for letting me pick your brains... and setting me in the right direction.

2018-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules