950 10 2018-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

It's a mighty flying aparatus, no doubt. Rigid, powerful and majestic. Stable in hover, smooth in turns. Quieter than Inspire with baritone sound of 17" blades, but comparing flying characteristics of both is like comparing a Porsche and a Hummer. One of the most impressive features is propellers mounting system, similiar to P4P concept: foolproof, snug and secure. Foldable arms clamping system is also very convincing, eliminating eventual frame shaking and vibrations. 200 model (with single camera installation) should employ only TB50 batteries, as TB55 will throw the bird off balance causing back motors to work harder to compensate. I'm not impressed by battery charging hub: lightweight, but rather clumsy design with foldable doors and fixed sockets behind. It will charge 4 batteries simultaneously with 180W power supply plugged in, but inserting and removing batteries is PITA. That much I can say after only few hours of dealing with M200...  
2018-1-24
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Well ... Day 2, few test flights behind and my initial enthusiasm is slightly tinted. Apparently I'm having issues with compass, which is refusing to do it's job, calibrated or not. Everything seems to be OK on startup, no abnormalities reported, sensors reading OK, but once airborne and several meters away, during routine test maneuverings. red warning Compass Error pops up randomly. GPS lock is lost as well, causing the bird to enter Atti mode. The error goes on and off at random, total havoc. Seems like my new bird will go back to vet clinic in China ...  
2018-1-25
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 676260 ft
Réunion

same here.... I think the compas error also impacts my gimbal stabilisation and that's why it drifts when using Z30.
That's why I'll probably send it back to and try refund.... I'm still not sure....because DJI Mindy told us that the new firmware'll fix that so.... wait or sending it back ? I don' know...
2018-1-26
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

YOYOMAN Posted at 2018-1-26 03:48
same here.... I think the compas error also impacts my gimbal stabilisation and that's why it drifts when using Z30.
That's why I'll probably send it back to and try refund.... I'm still not sure....because DJI Mindy told us that the new firmware'll fix that so.... wait or sending it back ? I don' know...

What is your dealer's advice? Flying with such abnormal behavior is no good at all. I don't know about any officially recognized M200 compass issue, which may be solved by future FW release. Do you?
2018-1-26
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

https://forum.dji.com/thread-130125-1-1.html
Look answer from DJI the 1).
My dealer advice me to wait for a FW update.... but I m not sure I ll since people who sent it back seem To have better support than here.
2018-1-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Matthew, the compass issue has been aware of and our engineers are working on it, the new firmware will be released very soon, appreciate your patience very much.
2018-1-28
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-28 23:54
Hi Matthew, the compass issue has been aware of and our engineers are working on it, the new firmware will be released very soon, appreciate your patience very much.

Hi,
Can the compass issue result to the Drift camera issue?
as you can see there: https://forum.dji.com/thread-131100-1-1.html
thanks to support
2018-1-28
Use props
Pawell
lvl.4
Flight distance : 990256 ft
Poland

Hi Matthew, the compass issue has been aware of and our engineers are working on it, the new firmware will be released very soon, appreciate your patience very much.

When? It has been 4 months already.
2018-2-5
Use props
fans859a1adf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 393091 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Mindy, Matthew, I am suffering from the very same problem. Do you have an update on when this might be fixed? It's a serious issue for my business.
2018-3-8
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

fans859a1adf Posted at 2018-3-8 01:28
Hi Mindy, Matthew, I am suffering from the very same problem. Do you have an update on when this might be fixed? It's a serious issue for my business.

Please consider possible scenario that your bird may be particularly affected by this issue. Some are. Wait until next FW release.  If it will NOT resolve compass errors for good, send the unit for repair.
2018-3-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans859a1adf Posted at 2018-3-8 01:28
Hi Mindy, Matthew, I am suffering from the very same problem. Do you have an update on when this might be fixed? It's a serious issue for my business.

Sorry to know you have the same problem, we care much about your feedback and we need the data for further analysis if you are convenient.
Please connect the drone to DJI Assistant 2 at your most convenience to export the corresponding data to us for analysis, you could upload the data to Dropbox or Google Driver and post the link to us, thanks for your cooperation very much
2018-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules