Faulty DJI Mavic PRo replacement
1328 7 2018-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
luapmac
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17503 ft
United Kingdom

Unfortunately I crashed my new Mavic Pro {user error] within the 1st week and had a replacement unit sent out using my refresh. The replacement unit was faulty as the camera would not focus. After speaking with support the replacement was uplifted. I was told that as it was a faulty replacement unit I would get a new unit  as I had not broken it. The unit has now been assessed and is being repaired under warranty. It now looks like I will be getting a repaired/repaired unit which I was told would not happen. Surely this isn’t right.
CAS-1420677-F1Q7M6
2018-1-25
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Sir, sorry for the accident. Please note that the replacement unit is new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability. I believe that our support will take a good care of your case and help you fix the drone. Thanks for your support.
2018-1-25
Use props
luapmac
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17503 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-25 04:55
Sir, sorry for the accident. Please note that the replacement unit is new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability. I believe that our support will take a good care of your case and help you fix the drone. Thanks for your support.

Yes I appreciate that but I did not break the drone, it was sent faulty. So basically I am getting a previously repaired drone repaired again. Not a happy customer
2018-1-25
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2103150 ft
United States

luapmac Posted at 2018-1-25 05:07
Yes I appreciate that but I did not break the drone, it was sent faulty. So basically I am getting a previously repaired drone repaired again. Not a happy customer

Welcome to my world... I'm on my 3rd replacement Mavic Pro... The first two were defective... They repaired the last one, but instead of sending it back, they sent me someone else's refurbished aircraft. They sent me a refurbished Mavic Pro to replace a new aircraft that had 2 hours flight time on it. Unacceptable.

Here's the original thread.
2018-1-25
Use props
buckinB
lvl.1
United States

I am fighting with DJI support right now myself.  Got a drone for Christmas, bad gimble image.  sent in for repair and now being told it needs new rear arms and propellers (which I didn't) even send back.   And they want to charge me for something that never worked.   I wish there was better competition out there in the market.
2018-1-25
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2103150 ft
United States

buckinB Posted at 2018-1-25 13:04
I am fighting with DJI support right now myself.  Got a drone for Christmas, bad gimble image.  sent in for repair and now being told it needs new rear arms and propellers (which I didn't) even send back.   And they want to charge me for something that never worked.   I wish there was better competition out there in the market.

I think those of us in these situations should consider legal action. While class action law suits never really benefit the individual very much, it could force DJI to play fairly in the US marketplace, and could get you a new drone instead of a refurbished aircraft.
2018-1-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

buckinB Posted at 2018-1-25 13:04

Sir, I have replied you own thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-131336-1-1.html
Please keep me updated there, thank you.
2018-1-25
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

I see. You can provide us the case number and we can follow the case for you. Thanks for your support.
2018-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules