1234Next >
3697 120 2015-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yug
lvl.4

Australia

Shame it is not provided here....

I’m worried about flyaways. I’ve read a bunch of these stories, and they never end well.
Even though we’ve spent all of our efforts ensuring every Solo owner has the best possible user experience, we have to acknowledge that these things could happen. But don’t worry: Because Solo has built-in computers it can constantly monitor your flight. If you crash or lose connection, the app will prompt you to instantly create a service ticket, which you can submit instantly through your mobile device’s internet connection, wherever you’re flying. If the flight log shows that a system malfunction caused the loss of your copter—the dreaded “flyaway”—3DR will replace the copter and the gimbal if one was installed, and we’ll even give you credit to buy a new GoPro.
We back this all up with a 30-day money-back guarantee. We take your satisfaction with our products really, really seriously.

Yug

2015-4-24
Use props
Axeman This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-4-24
Use props
Yug
lvl.4

Australia

Axeman Posted at 2015-4-25 15:40
Did you read the specs? It will do everything except feed the dog...

Hello Axe

Been busy today with ANZAC Day but have been looking at the specs etc.

I think I will go this way. Not sure if I should wait until they arrive in Australia or can you tell me which store they list is best. Maybe I could buy direct (It's American after all).

The other hurdle is the one who will be obeyed (Not TE) won't let me buy until I sell my P2. That is going to be almost impossible?

Yug
2015-4-24
Use props
2015-4-25
Use props
Yug
lvl.4

Australia

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2015-4-25 16:27
I maybe wrong Guy, but I don't think you have had any faults with your Phantom personally ?
3DR has  ...

John

Yes you are right my Phantom has been faultless so far. Lucky? Who knows.

The problem I have with my Phantom is the lack of features compared to say the visions and the Solo. I have no one to blame but myself because I bought my non vision because I had a GoPro. With the plethora of options etc I presumed the standard P2 had at least some of the options available. Coupled with that I think WYSIWYG with the non vision. DJI will have no desire to improve the firmware etc.

The Solo excites me and I am speculating but I think the Americans will treat customers much better than the Chinese. My opinion and could be wrong?

Yug
2015-4-25
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Sorry I deleted my post as i found out after further research that the Solo does have a 12 month warranty and not the usual 90 day one offered on the previous 3DR products.
Don't you just hate it when people delete or modify their posts....lol
As you say our Phantom 2's are getting old hat now in this ever changing market, the Phantom 3 is looking great and if my Phantom ever makes a bid for freedom i will be replacing it with the 3.
2015-4-25
Use props
CapitAn
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

lt is very refreshing! And more in line with today's expectations of customer service. lt's all well and good for the pocket-book when you're top of the market, people will flock for your goods. But as the market grows, and our choices are many, customer service becomes everything.
I was going to buy a second P2V+V3 but now l'm starting to do more research.
Someone said in another post that we have to bear in mind that if we manage to keep our Phantoms/quads a year, we're ahead of the game. l think it's sad that something this expensive is seen as disposable.
2015-4-25
Use props
2015-4-25
Use props
Yug
lvl.4

Australia

CapitAn Posted at 2015-4-25 17:46
lt is very refreshing! And more in line with today's expectations of customer service. lt's all well ...

I feel there is more that can be done to improve the Phantom 2 with firmware and hardware upgrades etc but with the attitude some have experienced from DJI they (to put it bluntly) do not give a rat's arse about their P2 customers.

If I had a Vision I would be content to hang on and when fate took my bird then I would make the change but having a non Vision the Solo is very tempting to move now.

The best part about a change would be I would be dealing with America and not China.

Yug
2015-4-25
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Where's the link to this Guy?
2015-4-25
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

Flight logs are stored on the controller, not the quad so you still have access in case you lose the bird.
2015-4-25
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

Yug Posted at 2015-4-25 19:06
I feel there is more that can be done to improve the Phantom 2 with firmware and hardware upgrades ...

Have you taken a look at all the software they have Guy? Also, I had some questions the other day so I sent them an email. I didn't expect an answer real soon(I'm used to waiting over a week to get a response form DJI). I got a reply from 3DR in about 5 minutes. I was shocked!
2015-4-25
Use props
Yug
lvl.4

Australia

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-4-25 19:59
Where's the link to this Guy?

Sorry Gerry been busy

https://store.3drobotics.com/products/solo?taxon_id=66

Yug
2015-4-25
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Yug Posted at 2015-4-25 20:12
Sorry Gerry been busy

Now, this is definitely worth looking into.  
2015-4-25
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-4-25 20:17

I am impressed as well.
2015-4-25
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-4-25 20:17

Expensive though - 999 for the quad, 399 for the gimbal, 499 for a GP Black, 149 for a battery...
2015-4-25
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

nrgwise Posted at 2015-4-25 20:21
Expensive though - 999 for the quad, 399 for the gimbal, 499 for a GP Black, 149 for a battery...

Yes, it is. I'm going to keep an eye on it after release as well as the P3. If there are no real issues with the Solo I think it will be worth it.
2015-4-25
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

nrgwise Posted at 2015-4-25 20:21

Almost instant tech support and the auto recording of all parameters on the transmitter is worth the added cost.  With the Phantom,  you have to have an act of Congress to get them to reply to a claim.
2015-4-25
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-4-25 20:28
Almost instant tech support and the auto recording of all parameters on the transmitter is worth t ...

They are getting lots of funding too.
http://press.3dr.com
2015-4-25
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

Another BIG point.
number of IMUs . Phantom - 1
                                 Solo - 3
2015-4-25
Use props
myron
lvl.4

Philippines

Yug Posted at 2015-4-25 20:12
Sorry Gerry been busy

3d rocks worth to buy
2015-4-25
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Raybro Posted at 2015-4-25 20:39
They are getting lots of fuding too.
http://press.3dr.com

I'm going to be doing some research on this machine.  Follow me,  point of interest (orbit) is already incorporated into it.  I like the idea that all parameters is automatically downloaded to the TC as you are flying so if a legitimate flyaway, you already have telemetry and won't have to look for the remains to prove your case to the company.
2015-4-25
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Raybro Posted at 2015-4-25 20:52
Another BIG point.
number of IMUs . Phantom - 1
                                 Solo - 3

Man, I'm really liking this thing! I'm not usually one for first versions but they're making it really hard not to give this a go. I'm going to do some more studying on this one. Probably not today, this day could be spent in the doghouse. Forgot the 28th wedding anniversary. I think I got a little too wrapped up with the Phantoms! Looks great!

Jerry
2015-4-25
Use props
myron
lvl.4

Philippines

as 3d developer says equipt with two onboard computer so the proccessing data pretty fast. once my P2 sold im gonna order this!!!!

2015-4-25
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

JtrJr-Droner Posted at 2015-4-25 20:57
Man, I'm really liking this thing! I'm not usually one for first versions but they're making it re ...

After I get all the customers in and parked for the opening of the Drive In next weekend,  I know what I'm going to be doing,  connecting to the bosses wifi and doing more searching on this machine and not watching the movies.
2015-4-25
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

Man, I'm really liking this thing! I'm not usually one for first versions but they're making it re ...

OMG.....been there, done that. got the T shirt.
2015-4-25
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-4-25 21:00
After I get all the customers in and parked for the opening of the Drive In next weekend,  I know  ...

Gerry,

I know Raybro has done a great deal of research already. I think he's probably done as much as anybody. I'm kind of riding his coat tails for the time being.

Thank you Ray, send a note!

Jerry
2015-4-25
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

OHH, OHH,  remember, when you're forced to sleep with the Phantom because you forgot the anniversary,  take the props off so you won't accidently have anything cut off.  
2015-4-25
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

I wonder what the flight log made of this ?

2015-4-25
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Dude,
So sorry to hear that! Was it as bad as the year I opted to tell my wife I was not saying happy Mother's Day to her because she is not my mother...I was just being a smart ass but end result not = good!
2015-4-25
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-4-25 21:06
OHH, OHH,  remember, when you're forced to sleep with the Phantom because you forgot the anniversa ...

I'm hoping the last five days alone with her up at the lake will help me overcome. I've never forgot one before.

Jerry
2015-4-25
Use props
Yug
lvl.4

Australia

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2015-4-25 21:08
VIDEO

One possibility is the pilot panicked. How is it he was able to shut it down with the Tx? Why did he not do that first up except to say it had not landed completely.

Yug
2015-4-25
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

JtrJr-Droner Posted at 2015-4-25 21:13
I'm hoping the last five days alone with her up at the lake will help me overcome. I've never forg ...

Never ask your wife when the Salem Witch trials" took place.  I did one day.  It reminded her of the day I pulled her out of the water.
2015-4-25
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-4-25 21:12
Dude,
So sorry to hear that! Was it as bad as the year I opted to tell my wife I was not saying ha ...

Oooooh! You got me on that one! if I do the math, it should all be good. 27 out of 28= 1 miss, 27 hits. That's pretty damned good if you ask me. I don't think I'll tell her about this post though!

Jerry
2015-4-25
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

VIDEO

The flight log probably said, "HEY, get ur DAM* foot off me!"
2015-4-25
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

VIDEO

Yes, that was the debut at NAB. I have thought many times about that video. I would guess to say that everyone and their brother had the wifi going.....could have been an interference issue. That guy was pretty embarrassed.
2015-4-25
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

JtrJr-Droner Posted at 2015-4-25 21:20
Oooooh! You got me on that one! if I do the math, it should all be good. 27 out of 28= 1 miss, ...

Just tell her your so damn happy that every day is like an anniversary, then show her the numbers!
28 x 365 = 10,220 and with leap years thrown in you technically over 100%!
2015-4-25
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-4-25 21:20
The flight log probably said, "HEY, get ur DAM* foot off me!"

Actually there are a few posts on the P3 forum in the next room where it is discussed a bit..
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... hlight=Solo&lang=en

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... ra=page%3D1&lang=en

As for the foot stomp, I coined one for that here...it is 3Dr's version of a "hand catch" they are calling the "drop & stomp"..seems effective though..

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... ra=page%3D2&lang=en

All joking aside, it does look pretty sweet and without a P3 on order (at least not yet for me) and this coming out shortly as well as the Hubsan I am pretty much thinking most here who have Phantoms already are in the driver's seat. I will have a second bird in the barn this summer for sure and will be keeping my eyes on all of these..and I love the competitition factor or at least the "choice factor" as they may each serve two different uses!
2015-4-25
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

No of that is as bad when I told mine one day to put her top lip and bottom lip together. Do you think that worked?  Was like a two barred shotgun going off... Man learns lesson. Best to go flying solo.
2015-4-25
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2015-4-25 22:36
No of that is as bad when I told mine one day to put her top lip and bottom lip together. Do you thi ...

Could have been worse had you had a tube of crazy glue in hand when you said it!
2015-4-25
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules