Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI GO4 4.2.4
2469 27 2018-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marcustuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 147146 ft
Colombia

Just updated the DJI GO4 app to 4.2.4 on Android (Huawei Mate 9).

Not found any bugs yet.

If you open the map there are now some choices for how controlled/restricted airspace can be displayed/warnings.

Still no off line mapping :-(

2018-1-25
Use props
Marcustuck
lvl.4
Colombia

Ok, spoke too soon!

Got 'Aircraft Disconnected' the remote control remained functional.  I tried closing the app and reopening it a couple of times but still couldn't reconnect to Mavic.

Land the Mavic, shut it down and restarted it, still couldn't get the app to reconnect.

Turned off the Mavic and the controller, then turned them back on and the app reconnected.

Looks like a bug between the app and the controller - the whole time the controller remained in contact with the Mavic and it was flyable.  
2018-1-25
Use props
Ricardo Ghion
Captain
Flight distance : 1042037 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

I'm also having this problem, it seems that solves if you put the device in airplane mode
2018-1-25
Use props
Rjrolyn
lvl.3
United States

Good to see that 4.2.4 has rolled out for Android user's. Can we get full specs of  what :

- Phone / Tablet - FW Revison
- AC / RC FW Revision

So that this thread wont go in circles or yourself getting a PM from a member asking you, " What FW are you using on Phone, Tab and whats your FW on your AC or RC " That your getting success flight time and not experiencing any issues

Thanks in advance
2018-1-25
Use props
Theppgcowboy
lvl.4
United States

Samsung s5 hated it crashed every time I opened it. Went back to the version on the play store. No problems there.
2018-1-25
Use props
Salmonslayer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 100220 ft
Canada

Why is it?
On my Sony Z the most current GO4 app is 4.1.22
On my Sony X the most current GO app is 4.2.4
On my Samsung Galaxy Tab A when I down loaded Go app it said "This app may not be optimised for your device",
Why all the diff GO4 aps for diff androids
2018-1-25
Use props
MAVICDLNM
First Officer
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Salmonslayer Posted at 2018-1-25 20:36
Why is it?

Because you are using Androld
2018-1-25
Use props
Salmonslayer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 100220 ft
Canada

The Sony X should have also read current GO APP 4 as well.
So why when down loading the most current GO APP 4, does the Sony Z show the v4.1.22 as most current and not the v4.2.4?
2018-1-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Marcustuck Posted at 2018-1-25 09:06
Ok, spoke too soon!

Got 'Aircraft Disconnected' the remote control remained functional.  I tried closing the app and reopening it a couple of times but still couldn't reconnect to Mavic.

So the app notified " Aircraft Disconnected" when you were able to control the drone by the RC, and it would not "connect" again if you didn't shut down the drone and RC, right? Usually, if the app said the aircraft disconnected, it means the drone and RC are disconnected, but the connection between the mobile device and RC should be normal. For your case, please help to confirm if the transmission was normal when you got the message. Try to relink the RC and AC, make sure the firmware is up to date, reinstall the app and try again, note to do a backup like syncing the flight record and saving the pics and videos before your reinstallation. If the issue persists, please provide me with a video and the screenshot of the firmware info (General Settings--About), I would like to check. Thank you.
2018-1-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Salmonslayer Posted at 2018-1-25 20:36
Why is it?

Android DJI GO 4.2.4 is now releasing in stages. So some of the devices might receive the update notice but others might not. And Samsung Galaxy Tab A is not the recommended device, so there might be a compatibility for this device, but you can try to install and see if it can work properly.
2018-1-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Theppgcowboy Posted at 2018-1-25 16:00
Samsung s5 hated it crashed every time I opened it. Went back to the version on the play store. No problems there.

Hi there, if it is possible, please try to reinstall the latest app and check again, remember to back up the files and sync the records before uninstalling it. If it doesn't help, would you please provide me with the crash log and the info below so I can forward to our engineers to confirm?
1. Operations before and when the Android device crashes
2. Aircraft model
3. Android version number
4. DJI GO app’s version number (shown under Settings of Me in the app)
5. Crash log, (connect the device to the computer to export it: /sdcard/DJI/dji.go.v4 /LOG/CRASH)
6. Your DJI account
Thank you very much.
2018-1-26
Use props
Marcustuck
lvl.4
Colombia

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-26 00:22
So the app notified " Aircraft Disconnected" when you were able to control the drone by the RC, and it would not "connect" again if you didn't shut down the drone and RC, right? Usually, if the app said the aircraft disconnected, it means the drone and RC are disconnected, but the connection between the drone and RC should be normal. For your case, please help to confirm if the transmission was normal when you got the message. Try to relink the RC and AC, make sure the firmware is up to date, reinstall the app and try again, note to do a backup like syncing the flight record and saving the pics and videos before your reinstallation. If the issue persists, please provide me with a video and the screenshot of the firmware info (General Settings--About), I would like to check. Thank you.

Hi DJI Thor,

Yes the RC and Aircraft remained in contact the whole time.  The drone was controllable through the RC and I could see the aircraft battery level and engine RPM etc on the RC display.

The issue looks to be between the app and the RC.  Only by turning the RC off and on again could I get the app to re-connect (I switched the aircraft off for safety).

I have syncronised my flights so you should have the records.

If it happens again I will try disconecting the RC to phone USB and see if that clears it.  I probably will not get the chance to fly again for a couple of weeks but will let you know if the issue happens again and record as much information as possible.

Aircraft = 01.04.0200
Remote Controller = 01.04.0200
Aircraft Database = 01.00.01.07
App Database = 01.00.01.07
Basic Fly Safe Database = 01.00.01.05
2018-1-26
Use props
Theppgcowboy
lvl.4
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-26 00:30
Hi there, if it is possible, please try to reinstall the latest app and check again, remember to back up the files and sync the records before uninstalling it. If it doesn't help, would you please provide me with the crash log and the info below so I can forward to our engineers to confirm?
1. Operations before and when the Android device crashes
2. Aircraft model

To be clear it was the dji program that simply would not work. Do I send the requestedinfo to you directly or do you want it here on this thread,
. I am not tech savy so I will need guidence.
2018-1-26
Use props
Jenee 2
Captain
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-26 00:25
Android DJI GO 4.2.4 is now releasing in stages. So some of the devices might receive the update notice but others might not. And Samsung Galaxy Tab A is not the recommended device, so there might be a compatibility for this device, but you can try to install and see if it can work properly.

Thor, it would be really nice if they could include a few more changes in the log details when the app is updated. I am using IOS but when I first went to use the app today and tried to click on the 3 dots, I spent several minutes tapping on the dots and getting a bunch of messages around the screen explaining the different aspects of the app. I initially thought it was a bug and I was not going to be able to open the settings menus but they finally appeared. It would have been nice to know beforehand.Apart from that there were no issues with this update.
2018-1-26
Use props
Gumknuckle
lvl.1
Flight distance : 64281 ft
Australia

Have just updated to the current Mavic F/W and RC F/W with some trepidation.  Aircraft = 01.04.0200 Remote Controller = 01.04.0200.
2018-1-26
Use props
Jos A
Captain
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Disappointed again, just update to 4.2.4, same issues as former 4.1.22, lost connection @ 700 mtr, MP RTH safe...
I use samsang A5 (2017). FW 01.04.200
I revert back again to fw 01.04.0100 and my asus tablet on 4.1.15 no problems.
It's nice to add a new drone to the GO app, but it would me nice to FIXED the connection problems voor de Maviv Pro!
2018-1-27
Use props
integer
Captain
Flight distance : 113355784 ft
Greece

after updating i lost google maps,  displays something mapbox and point of interest mode does not work properly.i can't see the speed, is always zero
2018-1-27
Use props
Jannistmb
First Officer
Flight distance : 516161 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hey also i did the update i use oneplus 3T and the app was always crashing before the update.Today everything was ok no crashes any more but i was not able to see the map then i closed the app i opened and the map show up.But the only thing who i didnt saw was the homepoint to be recorded the message in the screen why?its maybe because i was flying almost to the same place?The H was in the map normally
2018-1-27
Use props
jcastil8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1158921 ft
  • >>>
Costa Rica

hello buy a mavic pro recently
I was flying the drone without any problem and suddenly the app with the drone was disconnected.
the drone returned unharmed but from that moment the app does not connect to the control
the control if it connects with the mavic and I can fly it in vision mode but not with the app
2018-1-27
Use props
drn3px69
Captain
Flight distance : 213268 ft
Argentina

Ricardo Ghion Posted at 2018-1-25 12:30
I'm also having this problem, it seems that solves if you put the device in airplane mode

Sadly I say that I always use my device in Airplane Mode but this not solve the problem
2018-2-2
Use props
Mike245
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1597963 ft
United Kingdom

The same happened to me no problem with the 4.1.15 updated to 4.1.22 flying Manuel seemed to be ok as soon as i changed to a quickshot mode ( Spiral ) a few minutes into the flight the app crashed and i could not get it running again, I brought the mavic back to the home point and tried a couple of times to connect the dji go4 app, the only way it would connect is when i switched everything off and back on again.

A quick question if I install the dji go4 app ver 4.1.15 do I have to revert the firmware as well or does it not matter.
2018-2-2
Use props
koast
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18609 ft
New Zealand

After inserting an SD Card and choosing 'Storage Location SD Card' display shows internal storage icon and '8019 MB'
Choose 'Internal Storage' and the display shows SD card icon '121754MB'.
I think its a bug in the latest update DJI GO 4 v4.2.4
Anyone else have the same issue?

BTW I'm running Android 6 on a Nexus 5.
2018-2-3
Use props
Jos A
Captain
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Mike245 Posted at 2018-2-2 12:09
The same happened to me no problem with the 4.1.15 updated to 4.1.22 flying Manuel seemed to be ok as soon as i changed to a quickshot mode ( Spiral ) a few minutes into the flight the app crashed and i could not get it running again, I brought the mavic back to the home point and tried a couple of times to connect the dji go4 app, the only way it would connect is when i switched everything off and back on again.

A quick question if I install the dji go4 app ver 4.1.15 do I have to revert the firmware as well or does it not matter.

No you can fly with new firmware 1.04.0200 with 4.1.15
2018-2-3
Use props
Mike245
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1597963 ft
United Kingdom

Jos A Posted at 2018-2-3 02:58
No you can fly with new firmware 1.04.0200 with 4.1.15

Thank you
2018-2-3
Use props
Jeromeo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103369 ft
Australia

Still video lag issues with Sony Z3. Almost impossible to fly.
Used to work fine before update.
2018-2-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Theppgcowboy Posted at 2018-1-26 20:34
To be clear it was the dji program that simply would not work. Do I send the requestedinfo to you directly or do you want it here on this thread,
. I am not tech savy so I will need guidence.

You can upload the files to Dropbox and provide me with the link. Thank you.
2018-2-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Jenee 2 Posted at 2018-1-26 22:00
Thor, it would be really nice if they could include a few more changes in the log details when the app is updated. I am using IOS but when I first went to use the app today and tried to click on the 3 dots, I spent several minutes tapping on the dots and getting a bunch of messages around the screen explaining the different aspects of the app. I initially thought it was a bug and I was not going to be able to open the settings menus but they finally appeared. It would have been nice to know beforehand.Apart from that there were no issues with this update.

How about now? Could it work normally? To be honest, I may not understand your issue well, because when I try my app, I couldn't repeat your issue. And basically, the app release note has listed the changes. Please let me know if the issue persists, and a short screen recording might help a lot for a better understanding.  
2018-2-5
Use props
Jenee 2
Captain
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-5 03:31
How about now? Could it work normally? To be honest, I may not understand your issue well, because when I try my app, I couldn't repeat your issue. And basically, the app release note has listed the changes. Please let me know if the issue persists, and a short screen recording might help a lot for a better understanding.

Thanks Thor. It only did it once straight after the update.
2018-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules