Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Air & DJI Goggles
3405 4 2018-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_8SGdQKy
lvl.1
Norway

Hello,

In short:
What are the pro and cons for Mavic Air versus say Spark and Mavic Pro when it comes to wearing DJI Goggles?
I'm looking for answers I can't seem to find via google searches or reddit threads etc.

Basically:
1. Is the live view 1080p as in the Pro and not 720p as the Spark?
2. Is the live view spotty as the Spark can be in certain places with a lot of noice, Pro does not have any real spotty live view image as I know from tests with friends (Due to Ocusync I believe).
3. Do you need a cable to connect? (This makes sense, but I've seen people reporting that it says "Pair with").
4. Can you control the drone with the goggles as you can with the pro, basically looking in a direction and move etc
And well look in all directions, I'm guessing yes due to 3-axis gimbal.

Cheers folks!

2018-1-25
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Mavic Pro remains your best solution for using the goggles.  They were designed for use with the Mavic Pro & offer the most features when used with the Pro.  The view on the Pro is solid & up to 1080, though this will drop to 720 in certain modes & as distance increases.  Most importantly, the connection to a Pro is completely wireless.  You can connect up to 2 pair of goggles (+ 2 remote controllers) to a single Mavic for tandem flight.  

The Spark, & I suspect the Mavic Air as it lacks OccuSync, connect via a wired connection.  This will likely be 720 though I can't say for sure on the Air.  With the Air I am confident you will have the head tracking feature for the gimbal.  One thing about the Air is the gimbal view to the sides may be somewhat obstructed by the frame that surrounds & protects the camera. Unsure what sort of setting controls you will have with an Air?
2018-1-25
Use props
RoarG
lvl.1
Norway

Hello,

Thank you for your input,
that does make sense.

I'll wait a bit to see if there is any price drops or people selling their drones cheap.
Also hope to see a potentially Mavic Pro 2 within the next few months, but we'll see.

I got my DJI Goggles "Cheap", they are beautiful but a bit on the heavy/big side to drag with me.
And to my surprise they have been quite fun to use with the Spark, tho even more so when I use my friends Mavic Pros.
Was hoping for the Mavic Air to be on par with the Mavic Pro quality wise for the goggles, but from what I can understand by now I doubt it.

When I think about it, I wont really mind the "Size" of the Mavic pro anyway if I drag along the DJI Goggles.

Cheers!
2018-1-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Mavic Pro supports max 1080P transmission, Spark and Mavic Air has 720P. Mavic Pro connect the Goggles wirelessed, Spark uses OTG cable and Mavic Air uses the USB cable. And for the Mavic Air, it supports the functions of USB connection. As for the details functions, please wait for the update of the manual. Thank you for your attention.
2018-1-26
Use props
Linefeed
lvl.3
Flight distance : 28005 ft
United States

With the Mavic Air I appear to be getting the same 720p feed to the goggles as I get with the app. Gimbal tracking seems to only work up/down. Didn't encounter any "spotty" video issues.
2018-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules