Has anyone had this happen? P3A and distance/altitude limited to ...
1305 11 2018-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans5088b4f1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 13946959 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good day. Took off yesterday over an area I fly all of the time. My P3A stopped at 100' altitude and 100' radius. Wouldn't go any further or higher. I went into the app settings to see what the maximum altitude was and it showed zero. I changed it to 122m, which I believe it us usually set at. Saved it, and it still wouldn't move. I landed, shut everything down and restarted it. Took off again to the same result. I am using an iPad mini 4 and running the Go app. I then landed again, shut down, and switched over to the Ground Station Pro app and it did the exact same thing. Lastly, I landed again. Shut everything down, and restarted using the Go app on my iPhone 7+. It flew fine with no problems. Both devices (iPad and iPhone are running Version 3.1.24.
I'm just curious as to what causes this. Anyone have this happen to them?
2018-1-25
Use props
Chris_A
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6142 ft
United Kingdom

Were you logged into your account via the DJI Go Application on your iPad Mini? That would explain why there were no issues noticed via your iPhone 7+ (which could have already been logged in). I believe distance is limited if not logged into the DJI account.

Regards

Chris
2018-1-25
Use props
NCPrestonDev
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Chris_A Posted at 2018-1-25 07:41
Were you logged into your account via the DJI Go Application on your iPad Mini? That would explain why there were no issues noticed via your iPhone 7+ (which could have already been logged in). I believe distance is limited if not logged into the DJI account.

Regards

Interesting. I don't usually have that iPad connected to the internet. I will update records whenever I am on wifi, but it's a wifi only iPad. If the issue happens again, I will use my phone as a hotspot to connect the iPad and see if that changes anything. Thanks for the suggestion.
2018-1-25
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Try closing just the App and start it again, there has been some writing of this as solution if ex. changing battery during a longer flight session.
2018-1-25
Use props
NCPrestonDev
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

KedDK Posted at 2018-1-25 08:08
Try closing just the App and start it again, there has been some writing of this as solution if ex. changing battery during a longer flight session.

Thanks KedDK. I actually tried that first. Didn't help. That's also when I switched to the Ground Station Pro App.
2018-1-25
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

NCPrestonDev Posted at 2018-1-25 08:12
Thanks KedDK. I actually tried that first. Didn't help. That's also when I switched to the Ground Station Pro App.

okay then it must as Chris__A say that you might have been logged out, if not done by mistake i think i could happen  due to update of Apps, eventually some auto update if that is enabled.
2018-1-25
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

NCPrestonDev Posted at 2018-1-25 08:12

Go into the Me section of the Go app and log out of your DJI account there.
Restart and login again and you should be back to normal.
2018-1-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, it looks like your DJI Account was not written properly in the Main Control. Connect the Internet, log out and in again will fix it.
2018-1-25
Use props
NCPrestonDev
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 2018-1-25 15:17
Go into the Me section of the Go app and log out of your DJI account there.
Restart and login again and you should be back to normal.

Thank you!
2018-1-26
Use props
NCPrestonDev
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-25 22:37
Hi there, it looks like your DJI Account was not written properly in the Main Control. Connect the Internet, log out and in again will fix it.

Thank you DJI Susan
2018-1-26
Use props
ccbiggz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117697 ft
United States

Its been a while since I've flown my P3P. I updated all the FW yesterday and took it out to fly and got the distance height restriction. I always put my device in airplane mode before I fly so a call won't interrupt my flight. Do I have to leave the device connected to the Internet the entire time I'm flying now so I won't get this restriction?

Sorry if I'm hijacking the thread!
2018-2-9
Use props
NCPrestonDev
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

ccbiggz Posted at 2018-2-9 07:12
Its been a while since I've flown my P3P. I updated all the FW yesterday and took it out to fly and got the distance height restriction. I always put my device in airplane mode before I fly so a call won't interrupt my flight. Do I have to leave the device connected to the Internet the entire time I'm flying now so I won't get this restriction?

Sorry it took a while to reply, I don't hang out in the forum much. You don't need to have internet access while flying. I use a wifi only iPad, so unless I make a HotSpot with my iPhone, I am never connected. The only drawback is not being able to update the map of where you are. The app still logs everything and will update your records when connected to the internet and open.
2018-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules