1208 6 2018-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JerryLaurence
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21988 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Still setting up a test mission before flying my I2 tomorrow. One of the Waypoint Actions is Gimbal Pitch Rotation. Please can someone explain how this differs from Gimbal Pitch Angle? I would have thought it would be the degrees left and right that the gimbal can be rotated, but the control dial doesn’t suggest this as it goes from 0 to -90.
2018-1-25
Use props
HyperSpectral
lvl.4
Flight distance : 839160 ft
United States

Both are pitch, one is likely just relative to the aircraft position after corrections for movement and wind, and one is literal angle as seen by the gimbal without any IMU data
2018-1-25
Use props
JerryLaurence
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HyperSpectral Posted at 2018-1-25 08:38
Both are pitch, one is likely just relative to the aircraft position after corrections for movement and wind, and one is literal angle as seen by the gimbal without any IMU data

Thanks for that. I can’t really understand why they would have this particular action, when there are many more essential features to add. Why on earth can’t they provide a gimbal rotation setting? Is anyone from DJI there?
2018-1-25
Use props
HyperSpectral
lvl.4
United States

JerryLaurence Posted at 2018-1-25 09:20
Thanks for that. I can’t really understand why they would have this particular action, when there are many more essential features to add. Why on earth can’t they provide a gimbal rotation setting? Is anyone from DJI there?

It's because they're basic functions problem within the gimbal that they needed for corrections etc, that they decided to just lump in the options because it's available in the SDK? I can't honestly say, and what I offered as a possibility could be completely wrong still but in my experience that's what it looks like.
You might want to look a little deeper at the manuals...sometimes your answers are easily ascertained and I was wrong

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _Manual_EN_V2.0.pdf

2018-1-25
Use props
JerryLaurence
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HyperSpectral Posted at 2018-1-25 11:21
It's because they're basic functions problem within the gimbal that they needed for corrections etc, that they decided to just lump in the options because it's available in the SDK? I can't honestly say, and what I offered as a possibility could be completely wrong still but in my experience that's what it looks like.
You might want to look a little deeper at the manuals...sometimes your answers are easily ascertained  and I was wrong

I have read the manual and the section about Gimbal Pitch Rotation makes no sense at all. It would be nice if someone from DJI can contribute...
2018-1-25
Use props
HyperSpectral
lvl.4
United States

JerryLaurence Posted at 2018-1-25 11:45
I have read the manual and the section about Gimbal Pitch Rotation makes no sense at all. It would be nice if someone from DJI can contribute...

It has to do with the action the gimbal performs between waypoints versus it being set at each waypoint as far as I can tell
2018-1-25
Use props
ScooterC5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 435052 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has there been any real definitive answer on this? I have the same question apparently 5 years later.
2023-10-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules