Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Histogram not working
12Next >
8560 63 2018-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drogo2
lvl.3
United States

Anyone have a clue why the histogram refuses to appear on the screen after I have selected it with the slider inside the camera options of DJI  Go 4 ? It reverts to the off position every time I either close  the camera options to go the main screen or if  I go to "Camera settings" within the Camera options page to save settings. By the time I have got back the histogram is once again unselected....very frustrating.

DJI Go 4 App is 4.1.22 on Android Samsung Galaxy S5
AC: Phantom 4 Pro running 01.05.0300  (brand new never flown...)
RC: 01.04.01.00

2018-1-25
Use props
Drogo2
lvl.3
United States

Actually I have just realised some other features on the camera options page behave the same. So if I turn on Overexposure warning and  either of the two Focus Assistants I get the same problem...they can't be saved and they never work.
2018-1-25
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Captain
Flight distance : 3428747 ft
Spain

have you tried reinstall the Dji 4 app ?
2018-1-25
Use props
Drogo2
lvl.3
United States

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2018-1-25 10:49
have you tried reinstall the Dji 4 app ?

OK I just tried that, uninstalled then reinstalled DJI 4 app. Same problem. Running out of ideas but hopefully someone can suggest something. Thanks for your help
2018-1-25
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Captain
Spain

Drogo2 Posted at 2018-1-25 11:18
OK I just tried that, uninstalled then reinstalled DJI 4 app. Same problem. Running out of ideas but hopefully someone can suggest something. Thanks for your help

mhh , are you running ok with the previous version ?
2018-1-25
Use props
Drogo2
lvl.3
United States

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2018-1-25 11:22
mhh , are you running ok with the previous version ?

Sorry not quite sure what you mean. Previous version of DJI 4? I only just got the drone on Tuesday and downloaded  the DJI 4 from the Play Store so went back to that site to reload it...is there a better place to get it from? Both times I've had the same issues with Histogram and Focus assistants not  working.
2018-1-25
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Captain
Spain

yes i mean Previous version of DJI 4
2018-1-25
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Captain
Spain

i would try the previous version , maybe it solve the problem
2018-1-25
Use props
Drogo2
lvl.3
United States

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2018-1-25 11:32
i would try the previous version , maybe it solve the problem

Do you know the number of that one?
2018-1-25
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Captain
Spain

you can find all versions here
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dj ... go-4-4-2-4-release/

Versions GIF.gif
2018-1-25
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Captain
Spain

i see the last is P4 4.2.4 (January 24, 2018)....  you are using actually DJI Go 4 App 4.1.22
2018-1-25
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Captain
Spain

direct link to dowload the last version P4 4.2.4 (January 24, 2018) ; https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dj ... go-4-4-2-4-release/
2018-1-25
Use props
Drogo2
lvl.3
United States

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2018-1-25 11:58
direct link to dowload the last version P4 4.2.4 (January 24, 2018) ; https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dj ... go-4-4-2-4-release/

Great, thanks so  much, I will give this a try. Just off  to go  and  get a new, bigger, micro SD card so will try this later
2018-1-25
Use props
Drogo2
lvl.3
United States

I tried sorting the problem with the drastic method of swapping the AC and RC  at Best Buy for a new one. After another frustrating afternoon of firmware updates and endless beeping from the RC (reset several times with the C1 C2  etc buttons) and calibrating the sticks, gimbals  etc I finally got them talking to eachother and green lights on both but still the same problem with the histogram so I'll try the new version of DJI Go tomorrow. I need to go back as the battery was DOA...my fault I should have checked in the store...luckily I had a spare to get started with
2018-1-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, could you upload a short video for better assistance? Also, is there any chance change to another recommended mobile device to verify? We'd like to help.
2018-1-25
Use props
Drogo2
lvl.3
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-25 19:59
Hi there, could you upload a short video for better assistance? Also, is there any chance change to another recommended mobile device to verify? We'd like to help.

Unfortunately this is the only mobile device I have (Galaxy S5). I can try making a video but it will have to be tomorrow now. What do you think about trying to update the RC firmware to P4.2.4 as suggested above by  Nebuchadnezzar? Is that a significant improvement on 4.1.22? I have to go back to Best Buy some time as the battery was stone dead on arrival so I could get the Geek Squad to look at it and see if they have any joy. I am more of a photographer than a pilot so  really want the histogram working...
2018-1-25
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

I don't think you would be able to enter camera settings without but just to be sure, you have it all up and running inclusive Aircraft when you change those settings right?
2018-1-25
Use props
Giammi
Captain
Flight distance : 847795 ft
Italy

I guess the histogram is there, but placed in a not visible place of the screen since it can be moved.
2018-1-25
Use props
Drogo2
lvl.3
United States

Giammi Posted at 2018-1-25 23:21
I guess the histogram is there, but placed in a not visible place of the screen since it can be moved.

I don't think it is there. Teh slider turns to green when 'ON" and slid to the right. But when I exit the settings menu to go to the main screen or to save camera settings and then come back the slider is back to the left. I will try and load a video, will be more obvious
2018-1-26
Use props
Drogo2
lvl.3
United States

KedDK Posted at 2018-1-25 23:19
I don't think you would be able to enter camera settings without but just to be sure, you have it all up and running inclusive Aircraft when you change those settings right?

Yes aircraft has to connected otherwise you can't enter let alone change camera settings
2018-1-26
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Denmark

Giammi Posted at 2018-1-25 23:21

As i read it the setting/activation is off when going back to settings, it would not be i think if it was active but away of sight.
I have had some issues around fall with the camera settings did reset after shooting a movie or entering the PoI feature etc. so it is possible that a combination of FW and App is doing something.
2018-1-26
Use props
Giammi
Captain
Italy

KedDK Posted at 2018-1-26 03:47
As i read it the setting/activation is off when going back to settings, it would not be i think if it was active but away of sight.
I have had some issues around fall with the camera settings did reset after shooting a movie or entering the PoI feature etc. so it is possible that a combination of FW and App is doing something.

You're right, I missed it. Then for sure there's something weird going on.
2018-1-26
Use props
Drogo2
lvl.3
United States

Here is the link to a video of the problem
2018-1-26
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Denmark

One thing to try, i noticed you press on the main screen to exit settings, try by pressing the settings icon again to close it.

Edit: not that i think it is that but ...
2018-1-26
Use props
Giammi
Captain
Italy

Did you try saving the settings in one of the available preset?
2018-1-26
Use props
Drogo2
lvl.3
United States

Giammi Posted at 2018-1-26 06:15
Did you try saving the settings in one of the available preset?

Yes....it  actually shows that on the video
2018-1-26
Use props
Drogo2
lvl.3
United States

KedDK Posted at 2018-1-26 06:06
One thing to try, i noticed you press on the main screen to exit settings, try by pressing the settings icon again to close it.

Edit: not that i think it is that but ...

I just tried that to confiirm annd the act of pressing the icon (looks like a gear) turns the Histogram  slider  from green to off. I tried it on camera and video both as well.
2018-1-26
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Denmark

When i have changed my Photo/video settings, i tap the same icon to close as i used to open the settings, the odd lines/sliders down to the right.

If not done already, as i think you have done a update to the latest FW is try a refresh of both RC and AC,
if using Assistant 2 for the AC, first reset to factory defaults, unplug,, power down and remove the SD. Power up  AC and reconnect to Assistant and do the FW refresh.
If still the same then i would try a downgrade to parent (1.04.0602) as above.
Remember to mount the SD again when finished ...
2018-1-26
Use props
Drogo2
lvl.3
United States

KedDK Posted at 2018-1-26 06:41
When i have changed my Photo/video settings, i tap the same icon to close as i used to open the settings, the odd lines/sliders down to the right.

If not done already, as i think you have done a update to the latest FW is try a refresh of both RC and AC,

I tried using the lines/sliders on the right too. No  deal. I could try and refresh the FW but this is all brand new and I just did the FW updates yesterday. I am alos wondering if it is the Galaxy S5 that is just not capable enough to handle some of the processing? Anyone else using the S5 with this with success? Will keep plugging away but it is a long process to be sure
2018-1-26
Use props
Drogo2
lvl.3
United States

KedDK Posted at 2018-1-26 06:41

BTW why do you remove the SD card?
2018-1-26
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Denmark

Drogo2 Posted at 2018-1-26 07:09
BTW why do you remove the SD card?

Some with issues during FW up-/downgrade has found that things turns out better without, and i think i does no harm to remove it so why not

Even it has just been upgraded the other day it would make sense trying a refresh, specially when there seem to be some kind of issue.

I hope some other with a Galaxy S5 can add some experience with the use of it. I find it hard to believe that this error should be caused by the device even there seem to be many threads where it is mentioned.
2018-1-26
Use props
Drogo2
lvl.3
United States

Hi, I posted a video of the problem. Any ideas?? Thanks
2018-1-26
Use props
Drogo2
lvl.3
United States

Well it gets weird. I tried another phone (friend's) as a test an old HTC 1 which much to my suprise ran the DJI Go 4 app and after much fiddling about the histogram appeared. None of the other stuff that is missing did (over exposure and focus assistants) but hey, a result. I switched back to the Samsung S5 and blow me down there was the histogram so it seems it just needed to be coaxed out of its shell. And what is more the AF Focus assistant also  crawled out of its shell. So still no MF focus assistant or overexposure warning (I can use the histogram I guess instead for the latter) so I might be able to get this S5 to work finally. Something that might have helped when you save camera settings is I tried immediately loading the settings again. Not sure if it necessary but maybe that helped ?? Like I said, weird. Thanks for your help everyone
2018-1-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Drogo2 Posted at 2018-1-26 18:15
Well it gets weird. I tried another phone (friend's) as a test an old HTC 1 which much to my suprise ran the DJI Go 4 app and after much fiddling about the histogram appeared. None of the other stuff that is missing did (over exposure and focus assistants) but hey, a result. I switched back to the Samsung S5 and blow me down there was the histogram so it seems it just needed to be coaxed out of its shell. And what is more the AF Focus assistant also  crawled out of its shell. So still no MF focus assistant or overexposure warning (I can use the histogram I guess instead for the latter) so I might be able to get this S5 to work finally. Something that might have helped when you save camera settings is I tried immediately loading the settings again. Not sure if it necessary but maybe that helped ?? Like I said, weird. Thanks for your help everyone

Drogo, thanks for keep us updated. I've forwarded this to our engineers for analysis. We'll come back if there is any update.
2018-1-29
Use props
daviday
lvl.1
United States

I’m having the same problem. I can’t get the histogram to turn on. I tried it using CrystalSky, app version 4.2.4 and Samsung Galaxy 8 plus, app version 4.2.6. It won’t work on either one.
2018-2-10
Use props
Drogo2
lvl.3
United States

daviday Posted at 2018-2-10 14:45
I’m having the same problem. I can’t get the histogram to turn on. I tried it using CrystalSky, app version 4.2.4 and Samsung Galaxy 8 plus, app version 4.2.6. It won’t work on either one.

Which version firmware do you have on the Phantom 4 Pro? I downgraded to 01.04.0602 from 01.05.0300 but not 100% sure that cured it.

My histogram is pretty flaky still but it does appear...sometimes switching between video and camera settings seems to glavanise it and it will appear suddenly. Is the slider on camera settings staying in the 'on' position for the histogram?  Try saving camera or video settings and then immediately loading them again. I persisted and eventually it seemed to take. Obviously some weird software glitch in there that needs sorting out...
2018-2-10
Use props
Hellsgate
Captain
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

I wonder if its simply a device dependant issue.
If it works fine on a different device you may simply be out of luck getting it to work on the s5.
2018-2-10
Use props
Drogo2
lvl.3
United States

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-2-10 18:02
I wonder if its simply a device dependant issue.
If it works fine on a different device you may simply be out of luck getting it to work on the s5.

But I did get it working on the S5...see above....that's why I found it so strange
2018-2-10
Use props
Hellsgate
Captain
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Drogo2 Posted at 2018-2-10 18:17
But I did get it working on the S5...see above....that's why I found it so strange

I should restate my post.
The way the software is interacting with certain devices may have changed.
You could try doing a factory reset on the phone and then try reloading dji go 4. that should get rid of any glitches within the phone itself especially if there may be a conflict with other apps
2018-2-10
Use props
daviday
lvl.1
United States

Drogo2 Posted at 2018-2-10 17:08
Which version firmware do you have on the Phantom 4 Pro? I downgraded to 01.04.0602 from 01.05.0300 but not 100% sure that cured it.

My histogram is pretty flaky still but it does appear...sometimes switching between video and camera settings seems to glavanise it and it will appear suddenly. Is the slider on camera settings staying in the 'on' position for the histogram?  Try saving camera or video settings and then immediately loading them again. I persisted and eventually it seemed to take. Obviously some weird software glitch in there that needs sorting out...

I have 1.05.0300. I’m glad yours is working.
2018-2-13
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules