Mavic Air trail program
1834 21 2018-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SpeedyBirdy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 968002 ft
United States

So after the launch of the Mavic Air I saw on the DJI forum that the first 1000 users who sign up for he trial program will get a priority shipping code and if you’re chosen for the program you’ll receive a new Mavic Air to try and maybe even keep. I didnt think much of this as I know my luck isn’t that great but I ended up doing it just for fun.

So I just got an email from DJI which said congratulations you were one of the first 1000 to sign up and they gave me a priority shipping code as they mentioned. So does this mean that I am chosen for the program and I’ll be receiving a Mavic Air to try?
2018-1-25
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

Cool.  Be sure to implement a revolutionary method of reviewing it.  Taste test?  iPhonedo used dry ice fog flowing by it with disco lights as a short DOF lens panned around it.  I think each of the 1000 has a fault built in and they get to see the impact on the owner.  Data on who can handle the remote not connecting, or compass to ATTI, and who has it fly away.
2018-1-25
Use props
Nixtoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United Kingdom

I don’t think it does. I think the code was just an incentive to get people to sign up. I got the code too.
2018-1-25
Use props
SpeedyBirdy
lvl.3
United States

Lol maybe you’re one of those 1000 people too. I was reading the rules for the program and I read that we would know by Feb. 8th so let’s see what happens.
2018-1-25
Use props
Nixtoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United Kingdom

I suspect they will choose people with a good social media following, which will probably rule me out! But I though it was worth signing up, you never know!
2018-1-25
Use props
Raimenzio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237057 ft
Lithuania

You just get code, because you are the one of the 1000 firsts. The ones who will get drones will be selected later on, after Feb.5 when the sign up ends.
2018-1-25
Use props
mathais_x
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21683 ft
United States

My thought is that why would you need a shipping code for purchase when you are signing up for a "FREE" Trial program!!!
2018-1-25
Use props
SpeedyBirdy
lvl.3
United States

Lol the 1000 who sign up get a free shipping code which gives priority shipping so you get the Mavic Air faster. This is one aspect of the trial program. The other part is where you will receive a Mavic Air to try for free if you qualify for the program. According to the rules of the program the ones who qualify for a free trial to test the drone will be announced by Feb. 8th.
2018-1-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14312858 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SpeedyBirdy Posted at 2018-1-25 11:30
Lol the 1000 who sign up get a free shipping code which gives priority shipping so you get the Mavic Air faster. This is one aspect of the trial program. The other part is where you will receive a Mavic Air to try for free if you qualify for the program. According to the rules of the program the ones who qualify for a free trial to test the drone will be announced by Feb. 8th.

That makes sense - thanks for the update
2018-1-25
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

So I just received a code.  So I have to pay for it now and if I quality they will credit me before shipping.  is that how it works?
2018-1-25
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

i am not sure it works like that..you have the code for "priority shipping". if you qualify, you will get another mavic air. then you may raise a case
2018-1-25
Use props
SpeedyBirdy
lvl.3
United States

So as of now those 1000 people who qualified should have received a priority shipping code by now. If you haven’t received an email within 2 days of signing up then you did not qualify because that’s what I read on the rules.

So getting the priority code is just one phase.

The next phase is out of those 1000 I think they will randomly pick people based on whatever criteria they chose to send Mavic Air’s to test. Those who qualify for this will get an email by Feb. 8th. Along with getting to trial the drone those who do something cool with the drone like a new review with new things no one else has done in past reviews may get lucky and end up keeping the drone depending on how much publicity their showcasing of the Mavic Air during the trial period gets. ** I’m pretty sure all those top tech reviewers on YouTube will end up getting one as some already have before the launch of the Mavic Air.
2018-1-25
Use props
Outlier22
lvl.3
Flight distance : 328474 ft
United States

Yeah you get a code for priority shipping so you can pre-order the Mavic Air and be one of the first to receive when it's officially released.   Its and incentive for signing up for the free trial program.  If you don't get picked, you can still buy one and get it ASAP.
2018-1-25
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

SpeedyBirdy Posted at 2018-1-25 12:06
So as of now those 1000 people who qualified should have received a priority shipping code by now. If you haven’t received an email within 2 days of signing up then you did not qualify because that’s what I read on the rules.

So getting the priority code is just one phase.

Thanks for sharing this, now it's much clearer on how this works.  Based on that, my chances are pretty slim but who knows
2018-1-25
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

I submitted the form yesterday not long after it was posted, was reply #67 on the original thread. I never got an email like some on here have said. Is that because I had already ordered one? Just curious.
2018-1-25
Use props
SOUNDWAVE439
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115597 ft
United States

We do not know ask them
2018-1-25
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

So as of now those 1000 people who qualified should have received a priority shipping code by now. If you haven’t received an email within 2 days of signing up then you did not qualify because that’s what I read on the rules.

So getting the priority code is just one phase.

I believe you have got something wrong here. In my understanding the trial programme is not about who produces just another one of these more or less intelligent review videos and what feedback it will get. It will be rather true testing and meeting clearly defined test protocols with providing valuable feedback to DJI, not the public, in order to further improve the product as well as user experience. We shall see...

2018-1-25
Use props
SpeedyBirdy
lvl.3
United States

I hope that’s true and DJI doesn’t become biased on who they lend the Air to try. Hopefully everyone who qualified has an equal chance to get one but I highly doubt it. Just gotta wait and see like you said
2018-1-25
Use props
Grmachine
lvl.4
United States

So as of now those 1000 people who qualified should have received a priority shipping code by now. If you haven’t received an email within 2 days of signing up then you did not qualify because that’s what I read on the rules.

So getting the priority code is just one phase.

I don’t think the first 1000 priority shipping has anything to do with the free trial selections.
2018-1-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nope. You were just one of the first 1000 to get a free priority shipment code IF you decide to purchase before 2-Feb.
After that you MAY be selected for the trial program.
That involves getting a separate drone for testing and doing specific tasks (I suppose it involves getting as many likes / views etc. with Air footage)  that you will have to return, unless you exceed their expectations.
That is how I read the text on the trial page.
2018-1-25
Use props
SpeedyBirdy
lvl.3
United States

Pretty much...
2018-1-25
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

i have a coupon for "priority shipping" on Mavic Air. since DJI cannot ship directly to the country i am living in, i'll give that coupon away to whomever it's interested
2018-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules