United States

I was curious about the difference between;
1DJI Select Benefits - Early Access/Prioritized Deleivery
2Mavic Air free trial - Prioritized Shipping Code
3Normal Free shipping to HI-  FedEx International Priority

Q#1 Are 1+2 the same thing?
Q#2 Are 1+2 faster shipping (1day air)
or
jumping the queue (shipped before orders placed before yours)?

2018-1-25
Use props
Riotcontrol
lvl.3
United States

I do not think anyone actually knows the difference but maybe I'am wrong!?  I have been wondering about this aswell, I ordered the Mavic Air within an hour following the announcement so I'm guessing I will be in the first batch of shipments (hopefully) I received a free trial shipping code this morning and DJI refuses to add it to my existing order and states that I need to cancel the order and apply the code to the new order... at this point I do not know what would be faster.
2018-1-25
Use props
W.T. Foxtrot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1316732 ft
  • >>>
United States

Riotcontrol Posted at 2018-1-25 13:35
I do not think anyone actually knows the difference but maybe I'am wrong!?  I have been wondering about this aswell, I ordered the Mavic Air within an hour following the announcement so I'm guessing I will be in the first batch of shipments (hopefully) I received a free trial shipping code this morning and DJI refuses to add it to my existing order and states that I need to cancel the order and apply the code to the new order... at this point I do not know what would be faster.

DJI chat told me that nothing was going to ship until the 28th anyway, so the code really doesn't make any difference.  It will still go Ground.  Maybe it'd help if you were trying to order something that is not in stock?  I think the Red in the drone only version is the only one showing not available to ship on the 28th.
2018-1-25
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

DJI Select does not work with Mavic Air (yet). Thus only the free trial priority shipping code will become relevant, especially should pre-orders go beyond existing stock.
2018-1-25
Use props
DebG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30138 ft
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-25 15:26
DJI Select does not work with Mavic Air (yet). Thus only the free trial priority shipping code will become relevant, especially should pre-orders go beyond existing stock.

2018-1-25
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

And have you tried it?
2018-1-25
Use props
Lostlogik
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Worked for me last night
2018-1-25
Use props
RandyHat
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Lostlogik Posted at 2018-1-25 23:31
Worked for me last night

I bought the Air with Care Refresh a couple of days ago.  This morning I got an email from  DJI inviting me to join DJI Select.  When I follow the link to the page to signup I get a message that I am not eligible for DJI select.  Not sure I even wanted it until I was told I couldn't get it  :-).
2018-1-26
Use props
W.T. Foxtrot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1316732 ft
  • >>>
United States

RandyHat Posted at 2018-1-26 07:53
I bought the Air with Care Refresh a couple of days ago.  This morning I got an email from  DJI inviting me to join DJI Select.  When I follow the link to the page to signup I get a message that I am not eligible for DJI select.  Not sure I even wanted it until I was told I couldn't get it  :-).

I got the same message -- actually showed up on the screen right after purchase.  DJI told me you have to receive and activate the new drone in order to be able to purchase DJI Select.  Try it again after you get your Air
2018-1-26
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ordered a Flame Red with my 1 of 1000 priority code this morning.  Interested in seeing what happens due to Flame Red's being the last to ship.
2018-1-26
Use props
Lostlogik
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-1-26 09:36
Ordered a Flame Red with my 1 of 1000 priority code this morning.  Interested in seeing what happens due to Flame Red's being the last to ship.

Yes I noticed that delay for the Red too. Hope it's just for new orders because it's so popular they've run out, rather than they'll just ship them later, as I ordered the red one as well.
2018-1-26
Use props
RickNTX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11424 ft
United States

Lostlogik Posted at 2018-1-26 11:14
Yes I noticed that delay for the Red too. Hope it's just for new orders because it's so popular they've run out, rather than they'll just ship them later, as I ordered the red one as well.

When I placed my order, it was showing 3-5 days after payment for the Red on 24JAN.  

I then received the DJI Select marketing email this morning saying "Enjoy Priority Shipping for Your Mavic Air with DJI Select!"....  

I said.. Ok..   Now they're showing my ship date is 14FEB according to the support rep on chat.  

Seems a little backwards...  
2018-1-26
Use props
BlueSkies99
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3238 ft
United States

RickNTX Posted at 2018-1-26 11:22
When I placed my order, it was showing 3-5 days after payment for the Red on 24JAN.  

I then received the DJI Select marketing email this morning saying "Enjoy Priority Shipping for Your Mavic Air with DJI Select!"....  

I got the same email inviting me to enjoy Priority Shipment with DJI Select after my Air Combo purchase.  I already am a DJI Select member.  Seems like the R hand doesn't know what the L is doing.  Hopefully their engineers and quality control folks are more on the ball.
2018-1-26
Use props
SeanGalbraith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 891404 ft
  • >>>
Canada

RandyHat Posted at 2018-1-26 07:53

This was my experience as well.
2018-1-26
Use props
dari_017
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6016004 ft
  • >>>
United States

I got the same code yesterday , so i was inquiring with a chat representative and he told me i could not get it because i already had a delivery date set, so i asked him when was this delivery date he said Feb 13th, i ordered my fly more combo 8:50 am central time when the conference hadn't even started and this guy tells me i'm not part of the first batch, so i was lurking in the Mavic pilots forum and so a post by DJI orange county store saying the had the fly more combo in white and black ready to ship, i immediately called them , talked to them , placed the order with them it was shipped 45 later with tracking number and it is coming tomorrow with Saturday delivery, I already cancelled my preorder with DJI did have to pay extra for 2 day delivery but is the weekend so i'll have plenty of time to play with it. If anybody is interested they still have the white fly more in stock, they ship same day and they are awesome  and you can get the same DJI care refresh they offer at the DJI store.
2018-1-26
Use props
RickNTX
lvl.1
United States

dari_017 Posted at 2018-1-26 15:44
I got the same code yesterday , so i was inquiring with a chat representative and he told me i could not get it because i already had a delivery date set, so i asked him when was this delivery date he said Feb 13th, i ordered my fly more combo 8:50 am central time when the conference hadn't even started and this guy tells me i'm not part of the first batch, so i was lurking in the Mavic pilots forum and so a post by DJI orange county store saying the had the fly more combo in white and black ready to ship, i immediately called them , talked to them , placed the order with them it was shipped 45 later with tracking number and it is coming tomorrow with Saturday delivery, I already cancelled my preorder with DJI did have to pay extra for 2 day delivery but is the weekend so i'll have plenty of time to play with it. If anybody is interested they still have the white fly more in stock, they ship same day and they are awesome  and you can get the same DJI care refresh they offer at the DJI store.

Wow!  

That's interesting!!...   Is that a DJI retail store you ordered from directly??  

2018-1-26
Use props
dari_017
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RickNTX Posted at 2018-1-26 15:52
Wow!  

That's interesting!!...   Is that a DJI retail store you ordered from directly??

Yes sir here is the link www.djistoreoc.com/ the white fly more is still showing in stock they guy told me yestrday they had 19 still in stock
2018-1-26
Use props
RickNTX
lvl.1
United States

dari_017 Posted at 2018-1-26 15:54
Yes sir here is the link www.djistoreoc.com/ the white fly more is still showing in stock they guy told me yestrday they had 19 still in stock

Just placed my order with them through their site.  Thanks for the info..  Cancelled my other order with DJI direct.  

Great find!!!  
2018-1-26
Use props
dari_017
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RickNTX Posted at 2018-1-26 16:09
Just placed my order with them through their site.  Thanks for the info..  Cancelled my other order with DJI direct.  

Great find!!!

Great man glad i was able to help and if you want faster shipping they can add that to your order for an extra fee , you just have to call them and tell them.  If not I beleive their free shipping takes 3 to 5 days depending on location.
2018-1-26
Use props
RickNTX
lvl.1
United States

dari_017 Posted at 2018-1-26 16:12
Great man glad i was able to help and if you want faster shipping they can add that to your order for an extra fee , you just have to call them and tell them.  If not I beleive their free shipping takes 3 to 5 days depending on location.

Kudos!!  

This is my first drone buy..  I'm excited to check it out and get flying.  Will have to see if they get it shipped today..  CA to TX isn't too bad on shipping times.
2018-1-26
Use props
dari_017
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RickNTX Posted at 2018-1-26 16:29
Kudos!!  

This is my first drone buy..  I'm excited to check it out and get flying.  Will have to see if they get it shipped today..  CA to TX isn't too bad on shipping times.

Hey I'm in Texas too ! And I think yours based on the time you order should ship today , if i remember correctly , they guy told me if ordered before 5pm  pacific time it would get shipped same day . Man you will have lots of fun , i just suggest you read as much as you can about the drone itself, read the manual twice if you have too and also check out drone laws in Texas , and you will be alright , I think you made a good choice with the Air as your first drone , the mavic pro is incredible as well.
2018-1-26
Use props
DebG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30138 ft
United States

dari_017 Posted at 2018-1-26 15:54

How can they claim on their order page?
"Be the first in the US. DJI shipments arrive at our facility faster than anyone else"

Also the store only has a 2.6 rating on google maps.

2018-1-26
Use props
dari_017
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DebG Posted at 2018-1-26 16:43
How can they claim on their order page?
"Be the first in the US. DJI shipments arrive at our facility faster than anyone else"

Not sure but the people that ordered with them at the mavic pilot forum said they were great and I can also confirm this , i got a tracking number 45 minuted after placing the order, and the guy I talked to was really nice and helpful , plus they are a DJI brick and mortar store , which means you get the same benefits as with the online one,  I was curious about the reviews and they have a 4.2 out of 5 in google. By the way I guess some people saw my posts because the white fly more combo is now out of stock.
2018-1-26
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

I almost did this earlier today, but decided I can wait for that glossy red and kept my order with the DJI store.
2018-1-26
Use props
RickNTX
lvl.1
United States

dari_017 Posted at 2018-1-26 16:40
Hey I'm in Texas too ! And I think yours based on the time you order should ship today , if i remember correctly , they guy told me if ordered before 5pm  pacific time it would get shipped same day . Man you will have lots of fun , i just suggest you read as much as you can about the drone itself, read the manual twice if you have too and also check out drone laws in Texas , and you will be alright , I think you made a good choice with the Air as your first drone , the mavic pro is incredible as well.

Just received my shipment notice/tracking number for UPS.

Wahoo!!!!

2018-1-26
Use props
dari_017
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RickNTX Posted at 2018-1-26 17:22
Just received my shipment notice/tracking number for UPS.

Wahoo!!!!

Nice ! Now the waiting game lol
2018-1-26
Use props
motard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1156263 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

I contacted Dji in chat just now, they said (Manuel), that my Red Combo now passes from 28 January to 6 February, to Portugal.
2018-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules