Issues with Repair Process
1398 14 2018-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
buckinB
lvl.1
United States

So I received a Mavic Pro for Christmas.  Everytime I flew it I had shaky video and the drone had never been crashed or damage. So I recalibrated gimble, imu, compass.  I also did aircraft calibration using Assistant 2 software.   I had factoried reset and applied latest firmware all at the request of DJI support.   Finally it was determined that I should send in my aircraft for repairs.  So I sent in the aircraft as requested by DJI, no batteries, no propellers, etc.    2 hours after DJI repair received the drone I was sent a repair quote which included the following items.   Gimble replacement, replace two rear arms and two propellers?   The gimble I understand but there was no visible damage to the arms, they are in the exact same condition as when I sent it in.  And I never sent in the propellers so why am I being charged for them?   Now I have spent a week, arguing with online support trying to understand why I need to pay anything for a drone that was clearly defective.   It would be like selling a  brand new car with a faulty transmission, and then asking the owner to pay to fix it after driving it 50 miles....   Very frustrated, and curious if others have these same issues with support...   Thanks.

2018-1-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi buckinB, I'm so sorry to read on this, this is unfortunate to know the drone didn't work properly when you got it. May I have the case number so that I can check more details for better support? Thank you.
2018-1-25
Use props
buckinB
lvl.1
United States

Hey Mindy.  Here is the case number.  CAS-1420686-J0Y0Q6
2018-1-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

buckinB Posted at 2018-1-25 19:13
Hey Mindy.  Here is the case number.  CAS-1420686-J0Y0Q6

Thanks for your quick update, I checked the case and it is now undergoing data analysis since there are impact damage according to damage assessment. Did you get an email or a call back from the support team that we need more data for data analysis?
2018-1-25
Use props
buckinB
lvl.1
United States

No I have not received any emails.  The drone was never damaged.  I would take off and land from either the grass in the park or my back patio
2018-1-25
Use props
buckinB
lvl.1
United States

If there is truly impact damage it makes me believe this wasn't a new drone when I received it.
2018-1-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

buckinB Posted at 2018-1-25 20:22
If there is truly impact damage it makes me believe this wasn't a new drone when I received it.

I have escalated the case to local repair team to double evaluate and we will have someone to contact your in working hours to make it clear for you, appreciate your patience.
2018-1-25
Use props
buckinB
lvl.1
United States

Thank you.  You have been more informative today, than all my interactions with support.
2018-1-26
Use props
buckinB
lvl.1
United States

Haven't heard from local repair team yet.   Guessing it will be next week now before I hear anything.
2018-1-26
Use props
buckinB
lvl.1
United States

buckinB Posted at 2018-1-26 15:36
Haven't heard from local repair team yet.   Guessing it will be next week now before I hear anything.

Got an email at 5:00 pm tonight, asking for flight records.  And also someone from management is supposed to be calling me in the next 48 hours.  So probably by Tuesday.
2018-1-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

buckinB Posted at 2018-1-26 17:55
Got an email at 5:00 pm tonight, asking for flight records.  And also someone from management is supposed to be calling me in the next 48 hours.  So probably by Tuesday.

It is weekend now the contact may get delayed, appreciate your patience very much.
2018-1-26
Use props
buckinB
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-26 19:10
It is weekend now the contact may get delayed, appreciate your patience very much.

Received notice from service center today.   Thanks for all your help with my case.  Finally feel like good progress was made and DJI is doing the right thing.
2018-1-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

buckinB Posted at 2018-1-29 15:13
Received notice from service center today.   Thanks for all your help with my case.  Finally feel like good progress was made and DJI is doing the right thing.

BuckinB, it's good to know everything turns out to be great, hope you will get the drone back soon, if there is any further problem, please keep me updated any time.
2018-1-29
Use props
TVOD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1680082 ft
United Kingdom

Hi I’m having a similar problem. Sent my battery in for it to be checked as it kept telling me it was not located correctly. They then asked for the drone so they could download data, then tell me because it has a few scratches on it. That the parts need replacement because they are scratched. Does not make any sense, if they where cracked or broken then yes replace them. The dodgy battery caused the scratches when it failed on take off, it dropped about a metre to the ground on to some gravel. So I sent the battery back and here I am paying £120.00 for some scratches on the drone. I’m sure the drone will get more scratches throughout its lifetime and void it’s warranty. I’m at the point where I’m going to use my DJI Refresh to get it back and sell it, I’ve spent close on £2k on dji stuff like goggles batteries and new props and loads of other accessories look at the photos below it is ludicrous The drone fly ok and has done since the mishap, just never used that battery again

Roy
B9FF6216-4B2C-4E87-BB4F-C41EFF74258E.jpeg
4B149046-CCC1-479A-8DAE-C4BB294F394E.jpeg
3E4C82D0-E378-4220-8898-D8E8164B0339.jpeg
063F3A8C-1093-447B-B3DD-1EAA8B675CDA.jpeg
2018-12-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

TVOD Posted at 12-11 12:25
Hi I’m having a similar problem. Sent my battery in for it to be checked as it kept telling me it was not located correctly. They then asked for the drone so they could download data, then tell me because it has a few scratches on it. That the parts need replacement because they are scratched. Does not make any sense, if they where cracked or broken then yes replace them. The dodgy battery caused the scratches when it failed on take off, it dropped about a metre to the ground on to some gravel. So I sent the battery back and here I am paying £120.00 for some scratches on the drone. I’m sure the drone will get more scratches throughout its lifetime and void it’s warranty. I’m at the point where I’m going to use my DJI Refresh to get it back and sell it, I’ve spent close on £2k on dji stuff like goggles batteries and new props and loads of other accessories look at the photos below it is ludicrous The drone fly ok and has done since the mishap, just never used that battery again

Roy

Hi there, we apologize for the experience you had with us. May I have the case number so that I can check more details for better assistance on your concern? Thank you.
2018-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules