1952 19 2018-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Elektrica
Captain
Flight distance : 9674836 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I've been using the Cendence remote for a while and I have to say that I really love it! Once you figured out and assigned all the custom functions, they make flying the Inspire2 a lot easier and much more efficient. You end up focusing more on filming and worrying less about having to pop up windows on the screen and changing or adjusting settings.
IMG_1864.png IMG_1862.png

The built is sturdy, the new Patch Antenna is practical and much better than off the shelf add on antennas, the range is really good and comparable to after market dedicated antennas, it folds perfectly under the remote, therefore a lot easier and faster to deploy.
IMG_1863.png IMG_1848.png

I also love the new protective sleeves (Not seen here). The overall design feels much more modern than the regular Inspire 2 controller.
Needless to say, it's also much more complex and loaded with extra functions, like the speed control on the sides (Took me a while to figure that out, as I could not initially find it in the instructions). The external battery is a great feature as well, as it takes away all the worries of the battery running out of juice.
I also adore the Crystalsky monitor. There's absolutely no comparison in terms of visibility with iPhones, iPads and such.
These two pieces of hardware were meant for each other and they make flying the I2 a lot less stressful. I cannot imagine anyone owning an I2 not wanting both the Cendence remote and the Crystalsky monitos.
Milano Dawn3_edit.png Traghetto.png

It would be really difficult for me to give up any of these two accessories, as far as the CS monitor, I don't think I could live without using it on all the other DJI Drones lineup, from the Spark to the Phantom4. I really have little of no critique for the Cendence, at least none that affects the choice of purchasing it.
The packaging, as always was neat and the overall feel, without the battery attached is of a really well built light piece of hardware, much more of a fit than the regular remote.
IMG_1143.png IMG_1852.png

After just a couple of flight all the commands and buttons feel very intuitive and integral part of the flight.
I generally applaud DJI for the work they do, I know everything is not always perfect, but I also understand that they're showering us with an impressive number of machines, accessories and technological leaps. All things considering I can only admire their tireless effort to appease our needs, so I am also more than willing to overlook minor issues that are usually solved quickly, at least in my case. I also definetively saw an improvement over the last two years in customer support and quality of the products, which many times are simply gorgeous out of the box (The Zenmuse X7 is the latest example). I can only imagine what DJI will make in another couple of years!

IMG_1159.png

Anyway, kudos to DJI for the Cendence remote, I truly love it and could not fly without it anymore. I certainly hope that they will one day extend its functionality to the entire lineup of drones, such as the Mavic (PRO & Air) and the Phantom (Cannot wait for the 5).
I can safely say that I am a satisfied Cendence / Crystalsky user!

IMG_1143.png
2018-1-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Elektrica, thanks for your time to make the review about the Cendence, we really appreciate it, hope it will help other users to learn more about the Cendence.
2018-1-26
Use props
Elektrica
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-26 03:41
Elektrica, thanks for your time to make the review about the Cendence, we really appreciate it, hope it will help other users to learn more about the Cendence.

It is really a must for Inspire2 owners, but should be Crystalsky
2018-1-26
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 676260 ft
Réunion

what s about zoom function? one of the most important feature we need from a RC. Are you able to use zoom with Cendence?
2018-1-26
Use props
Elektrica
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

Zoom? What are you referring to?
2018-1-26
Use props
rustydiver
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1899895 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I accidentally bought one today don't ask.
I bought a inspire 2 and asked for a second controller and the deal was a good one so accidentally said yes please, its going to turn up tomorrow.
Ive got the inspire  all updated and registered just need a bit of good weather now to try it out.
2018-2-1
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

Elektrica Posted at 2018-1-26 10:56
Zoom? What are you referring to?

If you use Z30 or X5S + 14-42mm you can Zoom.
At the moment, the only solution to Zoom is to tape on your tablet........
Unfortunatly we can't match this ZOOM function to Cendence..... and there is no reason!
2018-2-1
Use props
Elektrica
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

YOYOMAN Posted at 2018-2-1 13:42
If you use Z30 or X5S + 14-42mm you can Zoom.
At the moment, the only solution to Zoom is to tape on your tablet........
Unfortunatly we can't match this ZOOM function to Cendence..... and there is no reason!

I see, you're right. I did not test it with those lenses.
2018-2-1
Use props
Elektrica
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

rustydiver Posted at 2018-2-1 12:13
I accidentally bought one today  don't ask.
I bought a inspire 2 and asked for a second controller and the deal was a good one so accidentally said yes please, its going to turn up tomorrow.
Ive got the inspire  all updated and registered just need a bit of good weather now to try it out.

Good buy, you'll love it! Congrats.
2018-2-1
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

Elektrica Posted at 2018-2-1 15:40
Good buy, you'll love it! Congrats.

You'll love it only if you don't love zooming !
2018-2-1
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

rustydiver Posted at 2018-2-1 12:13
I accidentally bought one today  don't ask.
I bought a inspire 2 and asked for a second controller and the deal was a good one so accidentally said yes please, its going to turn up tomorrow.

Also, there are prob with calibration. This RC is beautifull but it s still beta and Firmware upgrade are very very very veryyyy rare......
2018-2-1
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

And Do not forget to BUY (hahaha) tablet adapter because CrystalSky is not working well: it become hot very quickly and burn and software is poor, late, and no firmware upgrade !
enjoy !
2018-2-1
Use props
Elektrica
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

YOYOMAN Posted at 2018-2-1 16:09
And Do not forget to BUY (hahaha) tablet adapter because CrystalSky is not working well: it become hot very quickly and burn and software is poor, late, and no firmware upgrade !
enjoy !

I did not have any issues with CS so far. I have 3 of them.
2018-2-2
Use props
Elektrica
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

YOYOMAN Posted at 2018-2-1 16:06
Also, there are prob with calibration. This RC is beautifull but it s still beta and Firmware upgrade are very very very veryyyy rare......

What probs did you have with calibrating it?
2018-2-2
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

Elektrica Posted at 2018-2-2 11:20
What probs did you have with calibrating it?

In DJI GO 4, the calibration process is divised in 3 points:
Stick : both right & left work properly
Dial : the left dial works, but the right dial is blocked (blue bar) doesnt response when turn dial up to their limits
Lever: they are both blocked, and dont response when turn levers up to their limits.
That's why the calibration of the Cendence is not possible.

2018-2-2
Use props
Elektrica
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

YOYOMAN Posted at 2018-2-2 11:55
In DJI GO 4, the calibration process is divised in 3 points:
Stick : both right & left work properly
Dial : the left dial works, but the right dial is blocked (blue bar) doesnt response when turn dial up to their limits

I think those calibrations work despite the fact that you don't have a visual feedback on the screen
2018-2-2
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

Elektrica Posted at 2018-2-2 14:44
I think those calibrations work despite the fact that you don't have a visual feedback on the screen

the blue bars doesn't move and then the calibration can't success.
I would love provide a video but I can't since CS doesn't have this feature.

But I'm going to make more screenshot of the Error Message when the calibration fails because I Can't achieve Dial & Levers calibration
2018-2-3
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

YOYOMAN Posted at 2018-2-3 03:03
the blue bars doesn't move and then the calibration can't success.
I would love provide a video but I can't since CS doesn't have this feature.

I just did a calibration on my Cendance RC with IOS Go4 and it worked just fine.
2018-2-6
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

Cougar1 Posted at 2018-2-6 15:54
I just did a calibration on my Cendance RC with IOS Go4 and it worked just fine.

Hi,

I also just tried:
2018-2-7
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

YOYOMAN Posted at 2018-2-7 04:00
Hi,

I also just tried: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mClNMl5tTA&feature=youtu.be

Maybe a FW issue? What FW are you on with the RC?
2018-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules