1008 9 2018-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Effie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 240535 ft
United States

Here is my fly away story.

About two weeks ago while flying above my house my Spark decided to set itself free and disappeared. At the time it was at an elevation of around 300 feet just above the house, clear weather and no wind, suddenly I got a compass/GPS error and the Spark started drifting away. I tried the RTH command but got a time-out error, my Spark was already disconnected from the controller and did not respond (since it lost GPS connectivity I don't think it made much of a difference anyway).

After unsuccessfully searching for few hours I contacted DJI support and later send them all the info I had on this flight. Got an email that the case is being reviewed and a couple of days later another one informing me that it was determined that it was a warranty issue. Few days later another email instructing me to order a replacement Spark free under warranty. Got it yesterday and did a couple of short flights.

I want to thank DJI for standing behind their products, I know now a Mavic Air is in my near future.

Note that it's important to make sure you are doing your part to have DJI look at your issue, before take-off verify the home location is recorded, verify good GPS connectivity, good battery level and any other information on the screen.
2018-1-25
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Effie, thanks for your positive feedback. Please feel free to conact us if you encounter any problem.
2018-1-25
Use props
LouisP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

Glad they replaced your spark...
In future remember any compass / GPS problems mean there is NO RETURN TO HOME.. don't wast time on it..  making sure the home point is set is always good practice.. but it won't help if there is an error.
First sign of any errors start to land manually! ... fly home manually if you can but get down fast.
Hope you have better luck with your new one.

2018-1-25
Use props
fans05872eb3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 294859 ft
United States

well, I wish I could her the same service.  My Mavic Pro Platinum went awol, and DJI says I was flying in too much wind.  In truth, the drone was above my house - I just had no control.  
2018-1-31
Use props
fans05872eb3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 294859 ft
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-25 18:31
Effie, thanks for your positive feedback. Please feel free to conact us if you encounter any problem.

I wish you guys would give me the same service.  I had a very similar issue above my house - no controls and Home function would not work.  DJI says it was the wind.  It was not - it was the drone drifting off with no control.  The drone was above my house.  
34912864-B3B6-4A98-9F2C-C8FBC2E97283.jpeg
2018-1-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans05872eb3 Posted at 2018-1-31 15:51
I wish you guys would give me the same service.  I had a very similar issue above my house - no controls and Home function would not work.  DJI says it was the wind.  It was not - it was the drone drifting off with no control.  The drone was above my house.

Sir, we have replied you in your own post: https://forum.dji.com/thread-132337-1-1.html Please keep us posted there, thanks so much!
2018-1-31
Use props
fans9d054d42
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9062 ft
United States

Disappointed by the service I’ve received.    My spark failed to return home and disappeared.   The best dji offers is a 30 percent discount.   This is clearly a warranty issue
For your case CAS-2394947-V5W6J9, we have finished the data analysis, and the result is as follows:

1. The aircraft was piloted under OPTI mode due to the weak GPS signal. At T=00:42, the aircraft switched to GPS mode and recorded the home point coordinate: 41.1235092 -73.3771867;
2. T=05:16, H=83.5 m, D=179 m, Battery 61%, RTH was triggered by the pilot via APP;
3. T=05:19, H=83.7 m, D=167.2 m, Battery 61%, the flight record ended when the aircraft was flying back home point and the last recorded coordinate: 41.1245258 -73.3786515.

The record ended without any sign of abnormality, so we could not verify what happened afterward.
2018-11-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

fans9d054d42 Posted at 11-11 06:59
Disappointed by the service I’ve received.    My spark failed to return home and disappeared.   The best dji offers is a 30 percent discount.   This is clearly a warranty issue
For your case CAS-2394947-V5W6J9, we have finished the data analysis, and the result is as follows:

We completely understand and we are very sorry about the result. The result was based on the flight data you’ve provided. We would like you to know that before we provide a conclusion, we always make sure that our Data Analysis are fair enough about the final result of investigation by asking you to provide all the information, data and records we can use. Sorry to say this, but DJI cannot apply warranty service for a unit that was no malfunction found. If you have any other concern about your case, please keep us updated on your own thread. Thank you!
2018-11-11
Use props
fans9d054d42
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9062 ft
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 11-11 07:54
We completely understand and we are very sorry about the result. The result was based on the flight data you’ve provided. We would like you to know that before we provide a conclusion, we always make sure that our Data Analysis are fair enough about the final result of investigation by asking you to provide all the information, data and records we can use. Sorry to say this, but DJI cannot apply warranty service for a unit that was no malfunction found. If you have any other concern about your case, please keep us updated on your own thread. Thank you!

Surely it’s a malfunction if a rth command is not completed?   Isn’t that a malfunction?   It had a strong gps signal and just flew away instead of returning.     You’ve lost my business
2018-11-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

fans9d054d42 Posted at 11-11 13:08
Surely it’s a malfunction if a rth command is not completed?   Isn’t that a malfunction?   It had a strong gps signal and just flew away instead of returning.     You’ve lost my business

I understand your frustration. We will forward this to the respective department to escalate the issue. We will have someone contact you from the proper team within the next 2 business days. We hope for your patience.
2018-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules