Sensitivity: ATTITUDE & BRAKES, what it changes?
13070 12 2015-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mauricio.copett
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49751 ft
Brazil

What does this setup changes? Attitude of what? BRakes? Any body can explain how to use that?
thanks
2015-4-25
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

You can decrease or increase the RC control sticks sensitivity curve in all directions , the throttle stick can be set to how much power is delivered as you move the stick forwards too, it can help the bird fly less aggressively until you become smooth and calm on the control sticks it also helps newer pilots in RC  when they over control the stick command inputs leading to loss of aircraft control then panic and resulting in a crash ...
I wouldn't turn the braking down too much ...it can save you from a nasty crash flying up to something at a brisk pace and needing the bird to stop and not continue a slow halt drifting into whatever .. There's probably some posts on the forums as to what guys are using for their stick curves ,expos ..
2015-4-25
Use props
Blue Sky
lvl.1

United States

Hello.  I'm also searching for feedback on these two input adjustments; however, I can offer
my own personal experience.  I reduced the braking to 90% of 100% default setting.  I noticed
a slight decrease in recovery from forward motion; however, there was significant wind so the
affect was mixed but still noticeable but not significantly.  I reduced it again on another flight to 80%.
Again, winds present and within sight but very small by the shadow of the dusk sunset.  At this level,
I noticed an uncomfortable loss of recovery to a stability point.  In other words, the drift was further
than acceptable without manual input (i.e. too close to surrounding objects).  My question is two fold.
1.  Does the reduction of braking reduce the agressiveness of the brake, or does it reduce the percentage
of hold to a fixed position.  My logic says reduction of brake; however, possibly with two wind incidents,
my experience was mixed on position recovery and retention.  With respect to Attitude, since I haven't adjusted, my expectation is that Attitude is the agressiveness of the crafts approach to the maneuver and braking is the agressiveness of return to position hold once controls are released.
2015-6-17
Use props
Skywolf007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2758875 ft
Slovakia

Blue Sky Posted at 2015-6-18 11:21
Hello.  I'm also searching for feedback on these two input adjustments; however, I can offer
my own  ...

It works same as in cars..

If you increase brakes to lets say 130% the bird will stop a lot more aggressively if you let go of the stick. If you reduce the brakes to 70% the bird will brake lot less, it will be a smoother option but also it will go way longer till it stops.

If you are flying in open spaces and you need clean continuous shots, reduce the brakes..
But if you are flying between obstacles or inside, I would definitely pump up brakes to maximum..
I did test both scenarios and actually there is a HUGE difference. Lets say you fly 5m/s have max brakes, you want to stop, the bird will stop nearly immediately - it will rev up the engines to stop.
under same conditions: if you lower the brakes - lets say 70% it will take like 5-10 meters to the bird to stop.

Aggressive brake settings will consume more battery - but its safer.

2015-6-17
Use props
Blue Sky
lvl.1

United States

Skywolf007 Posted at 2015-6-18 15:51

If you increase brakes to lets say 130% the bird will stop a lot more  ...

Thanks Skywolf.  That's exactly what I needed to know.  If the brakes reduce or increase aggressiveness of stop to position hold, then what would attitude control?  I'm thinking possibly the aggressiveness of movement when starting a move.  What I'm trying to do is achieve a good blend of smoothness and position hold for safety (I liked the P2).  With the combination of attitude, brakes, yaw roll and pitch percentage and the modification of the gain and expo tuning, there seems to be some overlay or overlap.  I want my aggressiveness of throttle rudder and pitch to even out (too aggressive out of the box for good shots).  On the P2, I just simply reduced the percentage through the computer app download.  I guess I could do that here, but would that be best vs. changing the attitude, braking and gain and expo tuning.

I was thinking of reducing braking down to 90%, attitude to 90% and changing the gain and expo tuning to a flat line of 0.53%?
2015-6-18
Use props
BoomStrike
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

You best bet is to turn the braking entirely off - it serves no purpose what-so -ever other than to cause unwanted movement of the drone each time you reach your intended position. The whole concept of stopping a drone in the air quickly is as worthless as a screen door on a submarine.  Who cares if the helicopter travels an extra foot or so when you doing aerials - at least its stopping smoothly.
2015-11-7
Use props
caranod
lvl.1

United States

BoomStrike Posted at 2015-11-7 22:48
You best bet is to turn the braking entirely off - it serves no purpose what-so -ever other than to  ...

But for a novice pilot such as myself, braking set high and gradually turning it down over the course of several flights would come in quite handy.  Glad I found this post.
2016-8-4
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

caranod Posted at 2016-8-4 13:52
But for a novice pilot such as myself, braking set high and gradually turning it down over the cou ...

Caranod, I would leave the standard settings and then adjust from there, as far as Braking is concerned.

I would  adjust the expo to " soften " the sticks up a little bit.

throttle take for 40 to 35

rudder take from 40 to  30

Roll and Pitch ( FORWARD- BACK  / LEFT -RIGHT )  40 TO 35  or 30
Also lower the gimabal wheel speed from 50 to 35.

after a period of time, adjust to flying taste, these are good starting points.  In my opinion....

DONNIE
2016-8-4
Use props
Petros33
New
Flight distance : 82 ft
Greece

Which are the factory settings for Sensitivity, Brake, and Yaw.
2017-6-10
Use props
kykphantom
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5892388 ft
Cyprus

Skywolf007 Posted at 2015-6-17 23:51

If you increase brakes to lets say 130% the bird will stop a lot more aggressively if you let go of the stick. If you reduce the brakes to 70% the bird will brake lot less, it will be a smoother option but also it will go way longer till it stops.

You explained very well the braking setting, could you please elaborate a bit for attitude setting too?
2018-3-1
Use props
Mark Weiss
Second Officer
United States

Yes this is helpful. I find the braking rather jarring with the default settings. I think I'm going to try incrementally decreasing the value until I get a smoother stop. Maybe the EXP setting for the stick would help with more gradually letting off and result in less sudden jarring of the craft. I would imagine that sudden braking puts more stress on the craft airframe, motors and propellers, as well as the battery. It also results in unexpected jerking of the camera in some instances. Even if I decelerate more slowly, it still can be a jarring stop that the gimbal can't full correct for.

So what's best, a little tweak to the EXP, or reduce the brake value, or both?
2018-6-18
Use props
fansc2aa61f6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2067139 ft
United States

I adjusted the braking to be less sensitive as suggested in a video and when I landed I maneuvered the Mavic air onto my patio as I always do with my spark. I expected the Air to hold it's position when neutralized the stick and what happened was that it drifted into my house.  Stupidly I did the same thing a second time with the same result. My question is,  could reducing the brake sensitivity reduce the sensitivity of the hover?  I really don't think that reducing the sensitivity caused these crashes but that could have been the reason
2018-10-25
Use props
Nicksons
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2668717 ft
Argentina

fansc2aa61f6 Posted at 2018-10-25 08:58
I adjusted the braking to be less sensitive as suggested in a video and when I landed I maneuvered the Mavic air onto my patio as I always do with my spark. I expected the Air to hold it's position when neutralized the stick and what happened was that it drifted into my house.  Stupidly I did the same thing a second time with the same result. My question is,  could reducing the brake sensitivity reduce the sensitivity of the hover?  I really don't think that reducing the sensitivity caused these crashes but that could have been the reason

When you are trying to fly near walls or objects and when your drone drifts for any reason if you can’t control the aircraft, I think this is caused by the obstacle avoidance when it gets near things freezes all x axis movements only lets you go up or down, I always turn this option off when I am landing or taking off  close to walls or any objects to avoid the obstacle avoidance take control of the drone...
2018-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules