2187 12 2018-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans53ac2fb1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 600577 ft
Italy

Hello everyone,
I wanna share with you my ugly experience with the HDMI module on P4P remote, used with the Goggles.
In a word: whoever bought this add on to be used with the Goggles, should definitely ask for a refund.
I think I tried it all: first with the iPhone 6s plus to reset the camera setting and to enable simultaneous output on both the app and HDMI, which worked pretty well, but on the Goggles, WHEN IT WORKS, the latency time and image quality is TOTALLY INCOMPATIBLE with a flight. Please note: I was less then 10 foot close to the drone.
The only settings that doesn't disconnect the Goggles are: smooth mode 720p60 but even with this the IQ is horrible and the latency is about 1 to 1,5 second on both HDMI and Goggles. Can you fly like this? I can't.
Please note that all my firmwares are up to date, HDMI module has been installed properly and its firmware update too, I changed all the usb and HDMI cables, so I think nothing is wrong on my side.
Anyone here has the same issue? I hope not for you guys, in case, can you tell me if this nightmare is fixable?
Thanks in advance,
Fabrizio
2018-1-26
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Sir, did you connect your goggles with the HDMI port? What about the image transimission when you connect your RC with phone?
2018-1-26
Use props
fabrizionannini
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-26 22:41
Sir, did you connect your goggles with the HDMI port? What about the image transimission when you connect your RC with phone?

Hi Elektra,
I connected the goggles via USB to benefit the head tracking features. When I connect an external monitor via HDMI, when it works, has an absurd latency (like 1 - 1,5 second) and a horrible image quality.
If I connect the iPhone (via USB, of course) everything is flawless, even if I connect an external monitor in HDMI.
Please help me fix this, although I suppose a firmware update, for goggles and/or remote is strongly needed. This is a serious issue, I need the external monitor in HDMI AND the goggles in USB working together WITH head tracking.
Thanks in advance for the much appreciated help.
Best,
Fabrizio
2018-1-27
Use props
fabrizionannini
lvl.2
Italy

Is that all? Seriously?
2018-1-30
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Sorry to keep you waiting. I would forward your suggestion and feedback to our engineers for further improvement. Thanks for you support.
2018-2-1
Use props
fabrizionannini
lvl.2
Italy

Thanks I appreciate that.
2018-2-1
Use props
mecanique62 2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11657 ft
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-1 01:15
Sorry to keep you waiting. I would forward your suggestion and feedback to our engineers for further improvement. Thanks for you support.

Are there any updates on this issue. Had the same problem. Sent my remote back to drone-world. They replaced HDMI module & returned. I still loose both images when trying to connect goggles to HDMI & IPad to USB. I have simultaneous selected in options.
2018-2-8
Use props
mecanique62 2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11657 ft
United States

OK, I finally fixed mine today.  I connected my goggles through the USB connection & selected smooth mode, Then switched back to HDMI & it started working, pretty choppy though, so i connected USB again & switched to Normal mode, then back to HDMI & everything looks pretty good.  I Hope this might help the rest of you.  Oh, I forgot, I uninstalled DJI Go 4 & reinstalled thinking that might have been the cause, but it wasn't.
2018-2-16
Use props
Jbundy63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9583182 ft
  • >>>
United States

mecanique62 2 Posted at 2018-2-16 19:00
OK, I finally fixed mine today.  I connected my goggles through the USB connection & selected smooth mode, Then switched back to HDMI & it started working, pretty choppy though, so i connected USB again & switched to Normal mode, then back to HDMI & everything looks pretty good.  I Hope this might help the rest of you.  Oh, I forgot, I uninstalled DJI Go 4 & reinstalled thinking that might have been the cause, but it wasn't.

mecanique62 2  Got my HDMI adapter in today, switch the goggles over to normal mode and reconnected and works great. Flew two 20 minutes flights with no issues with goggles, DJI GO4 app or disconnects. Kudos to you for figuring this out

Thanks again
Jim
2018-2-20
Use props
Jeff Millard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>
United States

So this sequence caused it to start working? Good find if so. Anyone else have one of these that isn’t working, try this and share your findings here. I’ve avoided ordering one of these because I hadn’t heard anything positive about them with the P4P.

Jeff
2018-2-20
Use props
Jbundy63
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Jeff Millard Posted at 2018-2-20 17:37
So this sequence caused it to start working? Good find if so. Anyone else have one of these that isn’t working, try this and share your findings here. I’ve avoided ordering one of these because I hadn’t heard anything positive about them with the P4P.

Jeff

Worked great for me!
2018-2-21
Use props
Jbundy63
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Jeff Millard Posted at 2018-2-20 17:37
So this sequence caused it to start working? Good find if so. Anyone else have one of these that isn’t working, try this and share your findings here. I’ve avoided ordering one of these because I hadn’t heard anything positive about them with the P4P.

Jeff

Worked great for me!
2018-2-21
Use props
Jeff Millard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>
United States

Please see post #16 in this thread. Thank you for that!

Jeff
2018-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules