Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 4 - Fly away
1484 18 2018-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansce28a382
lvl.1
Flight distance : 140482 ft
Brazil

Hello tech support,

I was flying my Phantom 4 in Mexico and it suddenly started to fly crazily away -tottally out of control- to the beach, falling on the sand. Unfortunately, it strongly hit a person and caused light injuries - everything is good now, but it was terrible at the moment and even worse, due to an aircraft's fault. It happened by the beginning of December, weeks before it completes 12 months since activation.

Here follows the links for download:

The Phantom 4 was bought in Paraguay by the end of December/2016 and I live in Brazil. I have the aircraft in my hands and would appreciate if the support could do a critical analysis of this case.

Thank you,

Helder
2018-1-26
Use props
Siambuddhas Gro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116926 ft
Singapore

think u are really lucky it never give a big bang to that pax..
2018-1-26
Use props
Siambuddhas Gro
lvl.4
Singapore

geeez...think that really its true...which i witnesses a p4 crashing down like an apple during the night while driving my passenger back home......just right infront~ dropping like iceberg...slap kor crunch sound...
2018-1-26
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Hop it wasn't a lawyer who took the hit!
2018-1-26
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Could you upload your log to the site below and paste the link?

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2018-1-26
Use props
fansce28a382
lvl.1
Brazil

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-1-26 06:52
Could you upload your log to the site below and paste the link?

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

I'm trying to upload the .DAT through this link but I can't! Any other way?
2018-1-26
Use props
Siambuddhas Gro
lvl.4
Singapore

fansce28a382 Posted at 2018-1-26 07:13
I'm trying to upload the .DAT through this link but I can't! Any other way?

upload the txt file which found in your HP folder  and look out for these DJIFlightRecord_2016-02-12_[15-33-10].txt
2018-1-26
Use props
fansce28a382
lvl.1
Brazil

Siambuddhas Gro Posted at 2018-1-26 08:23
upload the txt file which found in your HP folder  and look out for these DJIFlightRecord_2016-02-12_[15-33-10].txt

Here follows the log .txt:

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/23XZYX5KXFROXMQBICE3/
2018-1-26
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I don't see anything obvious.  If it was still under warranty, I would contact DJI.  
2018-1-26
Use props
fansce28a382
lvl.1
Brazil

It WAS under warranty when it happened. I contacted DJI several times and they always say I have to send it to the US but they do not cover shipping costs. Since I am in Brazil, it would cost almost a brand-new drone just to send it. Pathetic!
2018-1-26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Yes, there are worrying signs in the flight data.
Shortly before 1:45.4 there are some small changes in the speed that are unusual.
At 1:45.4 after you have been climbing and flying fast backwards, things start to go wrong.
The Phantom starts to spin clockwise.
It doesn't roll over and tumble but descends with a lot of wobble.
The spinning slows a little later but giving it left stick up doesn't stop the descent which gets faster than the design specs.
After 1:47.5 the speeds recorded are not believable.

It looks like a hardware malfunction in the propulsion system and it was not possible to avoid crashing.
This is a good case for DJI to investigate.
2018-1-26
Use props
fansce28a382
lvl.1
Brazil

Labroides Posted at 2018-1-26 12:55
Yes, there are worrying signs in the flight data.
Shortly before 1:45.4 there are some small changes in the speed that are unusual.
At 1:45.4 after you have been climbing and flying fast backwards, things start to go wrong.

I appreciate your comments. The thing is: DJI support insists to refuse to pay for the shipping costs to the US and apparently I cannot do anything in Brazil since there is only one official repair center here and DJI doesn't allow me to send to them to analyse and repair. I am completely lost :/
2018-1-26
Use props
Siambuddhas Gro
lvl.4
Singapore

thats the reason DJI should comes out with a MOTORs diagnose software or apps to do a pre-flight motors self test before going up the sky and also can records its motors spins values and lifespan stored................ its much safer den sorry.
2018-1-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

We are so sorry to hear about the crash, we managed to look into your case, our support created a repair case for you on Dec, you haven't sent the drone in for diagnosis, right? I've forwarded your case to the appropriate team for follow up, we'll have someone contact you soon.
2018-1-28
Use props
fansce28a382
lvl.1
Brazil

Diana, of course I did not send the drone to the US. Since I live in Brazil and you guys do not cover the shipping costs, I prefer to spend my 2 month’s salary in a brand-new drone. Because of something that was not mt fault. It will cost the same. Sad to say that
2018-1-29
Use props
fansce28a382
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-1-28 23:24
We are so sorry to hear about the crash, we managed to look into your case, our support created a repair case for you on Dec, you haven't sent the drone in for diagnosis, right? I've forwarded your case to the appropriate team for follow up, we'll have someone contact you soon.

Diana,

Jenny from DJI Customer Care Team sent me an email a week ago and I replied it (3 times!!!) with the flight data and all attachments requested, but I don't have a response for my case (#964602) yet.

I kindly ask for your help on the solution, otherwise I wil be forced to sue DJI, because it's been almost 3 months since the accident.

Thank you,

Helder
2018-2-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansce28a382 Posted at 2018-2-5 17:02
Diana,

Jenny from DJI Customer Care Team sent me an email a week ago and I replied it (3 times!!!) with the flight data and all attachments requested, but I don't have a response for my case (#964602) yet.

Helder, I just checked your case, the designated team indeed replied your email timely. There might be some misunderstanding due to the system error. Sorry about this. Per the history, there is only visual data in the flight log you offered, and we need the complete flight log for further analysis. Please refer the email instruction, try to export the file(FLY246) and share us the link, we'll forward to the designated team for review. Thanks for your understanding.
2018-2-7
Use props
fansce28a382
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-7 02:40
Helder, I just checked your case, the designated team indeed replied your email timely. There might be some misunderstanding due to the system error. Sorry about this. Per the history, there is only visual data in the flight log you offered, and we need the complete flight log for further analysis. Please refer the email instruction, try to export the file(FLY246) and share us the link, we'll forward to the designated team for review. Thanks for your understanding.

Diana,

As requested, I uploaded the following files:

FLY246.DAT
FLY247.DAT
FLY248.DAT

https://drive.google.com/drive/f ... z0P1wCP?usp=sharing

I am patiently waiting for the best solution.

Thank you,

Helder (request #964602)
2018-2-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansce28a382 Posted at 2018-2-21 20:56
Diana,

As requested, I uploaded the following files:

Received with thanks! I have forwarded to our engineers for review. We will come back as long as there is any update.
2018-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules