Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal disconnected issue
10532 10 2018-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jmutis
lvl.2
Colombia

I've spent a lot of time reading different forum posts about this problem with the last firmware.  No video image on the tablet, poor signal warning and gimbal disconnected warning.
Tried removing the sd card, different startup orders, different cables to connect the tablet (ipad air2).

Now it is not possible to downgrade the firmware.

As others have stated, the gimbals responds to the rc commands, so it is not disconnected.

I believe I am not alone with this problem, but I haven't found a solution.  Maybe just wait for a new firmware?

I'll appreciate any advice.

Thanks.
2018-1-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

The drone is Phantom 3 Advanced, right?  Is the RC firmware up to date? Have you tried to relink the RC to the drone? Here is a video below for your reference.
2018-1-28
Use props
jmutis
lvl.2
Colombia

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-1-28 22:33
The drone is Phantom 3 Advanced, right?  Is the RC firmware up to date? Have you tried to relink the RC to the drone? Here is a video below for your reference.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNIqifYefow&index=13&list=PL8-vxWY64sBMWJEBFEM6Jc_nLk0zfyPtS

Thank you for your help.
The firmware is up to date.  I have 1.11.20 on aircraft and 1.9.2 in controller.  Did the relink, without any change.
Still getting No Image Transmission Signal
and Gimbal Disconnected
I can move the camera with the RC, so I know it isn't disconnected.  I just have no image on my iPad.
I also know everything was working perfectly before the update.

2018-1-29
Use props
Flysuzu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 89311 ft
Australia

G’day jmutis

My P3A has a Gimbal Disconnected issue as well. I’ve found that if I leave everything on for a couple of minutes the Phantom will make a noise like it comes online and the. I get the signal and can fly fine.......might be good to see if yours does the same.

Cheers

Flysuzu
2018-2-3
Use props
janitor
lvl.2
Colombia

Flysuzu Posted at 2018-2-3 02:50
G’day jmutis

My P3A has a Gimbal Disconnected issue as well. I’ve found that if I leave everything on for a couple of minutes the Phantom will make a noise like it comes online and the. I get the signal and can fly fine.......might be good to see if yours does the same.

Thanks for the tip.
Ill try it on monday and let you know.
Thanks a lot.
There is hope!
2018-2-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

jmutis Posted at 2018-1-29 11:52
Thank you for your help.
The firmware is up to date.  I have 1.11.20 on aircraft and 1.9.2 in controller.  Did the relink, without any change.
Still getting No Image Transmission Signal

Janitor, please try to reset the pins on the side of the gimbal to see whether it helps. If still no luck, I'm afraid that you have to send it in: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-2-6
Use props
janitor
lvl.2
Colombia

Susan.. posted in the wrong thread..
If you can take a look at this post:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &fromuid=174535

don't want to create duplicate entries with the same info.
short story: thanks for your help, but nothing worked.  I'll try to find a service center here in Colombia. Although I'm sure it is firmware related!
2018-2-6
Use props
janitor
lvl.2
Colombia

Ok, an update in my case.  Took my drone for repairs where they changed the gimbal board, and now it is working ok.  
I thought the problem was because of the new firmware, but it wasn't the case (I was wrong).  Read somewhere that the gimbal may overheat during the update process.... maybe that was what damaged the board.  Can't confirm this, though.
Well, thank you all for your help.
2018-2-15
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Glad you got it fixed.  My P3S was also damaged by an update.  Don't know why this is happening, but I think DJI should be aware that there is a possibility that things can happen with the hardware when updating. There are some risks involved.
2018-2-15
Use props
janitor
lvl.2
Colombia

Completely agree. Learned my lesson! never upgrade!
2018-2-15
Use props
DroneAndy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 437090 ft
Italy

janitor Posted at 2018-2-15 07:44
Ok, an update in my case.  Took my drone for repairs where they changed the gimbal board, and now it is working ok.  
I thought the problem was because of the new firmware, but it wasn't the case (I was wrong).  Read somewhere that the gimbal may overheat during the update process.... maybe that was what damaged the board.  Can't confirm this, though.
Well, thank you all for your help.

WOW! One more reason to never update single thing on dji drones!
Dji should pay more, much more, attention to their products development, especially regarding software: it seems more and more they come up with bugged updates cousing more problems than they solved!
Hope I'll never need to update!
2018-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules