12Next >
1650 42 2018-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansacc1dc2b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 30974 ft
United Kingdom

I sent my spark away for repair on Tuesday ( I had the gimbal gyroscope error message in the app) and the gimbal wouldn’t let me move the camera, I’ve just received the quotation and they want €490 to replace the entire drone! Everything else worked perfectly fine I don’t understand why they needed to replace the whole thing. I can’t afford to get it back and now I feel like they’re holding my drone at ransom or something! Anyone else have a similar problem?
2018-1-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Why have they quoted in euro when you live in the UK? Where and when did you buy the drone and what exactly caused these errors for you to return the drone? Do you have care refresh?
2018-1-26
Use props
Sidd Finch
Second Officer
Flight distance : 256 ft
United States

Sorry to hear about your issues I hope you can get it resolved quickly.
2018-1-26
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

Sent it to DJI?  Doesn't sound right.  New Sparks are $380 on Amazon.  Get your unrepaired Spark sent back and keep it for spare parts after you buy a new Spark.
2018-1-26
Use props
fansacc1dc2b
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I had to send it to the Netherlands to fix that’s why it’s in euros, they’ve said I have crash and water damage (don’t know how) it was literally just the gimbal wouldn’t move everything else worked perfectly fine
2018-1-26
Use props
Foxeuphoria
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8110 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansacc1dc2b Posted at 2018-1-26 08:22
I had to send it to the Netherlands to fix that’s why it’s in euros, they’ve said I have crash and water damage (don’t know how) it was literally just the gimbal wouldn’t move everything else worked perfectly fine

This was through an official DJI claim? were you assigned a support case number?  Im sure one of the very helpful Admin from DJI can look it up for you.
2018-1-26
Use props
fansacc1dc2b
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Yeah it’s CAS-1419411-K0Q9W2
2018-1-26
Use props
fansacc1dc2b
lvl.2
United Kingdom

This is the quote☹️☹️
4D94DD4B-A152-4869-9354-A17AC615EA70.jpeg
2018-1-26
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

If the analysis showed that the problem is caused by crash and liquid damage, you might not have presented the full background to us here.
2018-1-26
Use props
Foxeuphoria
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8110 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansacc1dc2b Posted at 2018-1-26 08:53
This is the quote☹️☹️

Hopefully DJI Grace or one of the other Admin can look in to it and weigh in with more details for you.
2018-1-26
Use props
fansacc1dc2b
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I have no clue how it would have water damage I’ve sent the support team the flight records etc hopefully they can review it
2018-1-26
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

Might have mixed up which drone is yours in their repair bay.  Yours is the pink one with sub orbital reentry burn damage, right?
2018-1-26
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

fansacc1dc2b Posted at 2018-1-26 09:22
I have no clue how it would have water damage I’ve sent the support team the flight records etc hopefully they can review it

Has it crashed or not? Very simple question. And you can trust that the blackbox contains far more information than the flightrecords do. Thus if the data shows it has crashed, it is so.
2018-1-26
Use props
fansacc1dc2b
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Good one. I get that it appears to have water damage and crash damage but that doesn’t detract from the fact that it was still fully functional and I only sent it away for gimbal repair. It even still had live video feed the ONLY problem I had was the gimbal was not keeping the camera straight
2018-1-26
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

fansacc1dc2b Posted at 2018-1-26 09:34
Good one. I get that it appears to have water damage and crash damage but that doesn’t detract from the fact that it was still fully functional and I only sent it away for gimbal repair. It even still had live video feed the ONLY problem I had was the gimbal was not keeping the camera straight

Ok, it's obvious now that you are hiding what has really happened. I'm out of this discussion.
2018-1-26
Use props
fansacc1dc2b
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I’ve worked out its cheaper to buy the fly more combo again online rather than pay the repair cost. If DJI support can’t look at it again and review it I will probably do that instead, thanks for taking the time to comment everyone, and I have crashed it before but that was a very minor crash, the gimbal problem came quite a while after
2018-1-26
Use props
Bright Spark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

A crashed drone is a dead drone.
Would you accept one from a dealer if he dropped it on the floor?
Next subject flyaways.....
2018-1-26
Use props
fansacc1dc2b
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Okay I’ve accepted the fact that it’s probably a write-off because of me crashing it, I didn’t realise how fragile gimbals and drones in general can be but I still don’t understand where the water damage came from, that’s really confusing me (can humid air cause it?)
2018-1-26
Use props
Bright Spark
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I posted recently that much electronic equipment is fitted with shock meters for various purposes, one of which is to identify bona fida claims. Cellphones certainly are.
DJI no doubt at all will follow suite here. Such is the quantity of information gathered in life today that, in the event of your crashing your drone,  DJI would be able to tell when you crashed ,where you crashed,why you crashed,  what you hit,  how much damage you did  and much else besides.
But I can't say how liquid may have infiltrated you drone, but DJI can probably tell you which lake etc it came from.
2018-1-26
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

And if it was heavy instead of regular water with traces of heavy metals or boron, he also might get approached by Chinese government to work on thorium reactor somewhere in the undergrounds of central China. C'mon guys, I think you overstate things sometimes.
2018-1-26
Use props
fansacc1dc2b
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Well I hope I can get my drone back soon without it costing me too much, I can’t wait for drone technology to be cheaper it’s so expensive
2018-1-26
Use props
Bright Spark
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Conspiracy theories are fascinating, but  I 'm more than pleased with my spark, and look after it. The worst can always happen , of course, but it's still fun. Must be six months now, and I'm happier than when  many rumours abounded, which I now discount.
It's a style icon, which I think even the MA can't match with its legs, though it's no doubt a seriously good drone.
2018-1-26
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

fansacc1dc2b Posted at 2018-1-26 10:30
Well I hope I can get my drone back soon without it costing me too much, I can’t wait for drone technology to be cheaper it’s so expensive

You can try to just request that the gimbal only is fixed.  It might be an issue where they have to make it perfect to release it with their quality stamp on it.  They might not have a process for only partial repairs like trucks and cars do.  

Was this a waranty thing where a crash is hid?  Or, was it a person wanting to pay to have some part repaired and what they did with it to break it is non ya business?
2018-1-26
Use props
fansacc1dc2b
lvl.2
United Kingdom

@gunship9 that’s what I originally expected to happen, I almost had a heart attack when I seen I’d have to pay basically the full price of a spark (and they probably wouldn’t even send it back with a battery or props!)
2018-1-26
Use props
fansacc1dc2b
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I just wanted the gimbal fixed, I was prepared to pay for it but not to replace the whole unit when it was still pretty functional but I guess the water damage they mentioned messed that up
2018-1-26
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

The problem is one of liability. If they were to fix just the gimbal issue and return it with other potential damage, they could be held liable. If 2 weeks after you got it back, the hidden damage kicks in and it does something unexpected.
2018-1-26
Use props
Madwand
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73018 ft
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-26 09:36
Ok, it's obvious now that you are hiding what has really happened. I'm out of this discussion.

Its not obvious at all.  They told me mine crashed into a buiding hundreds of feet in the air 900 miles away from where I was when it actually fell 3 feet out of the air. You're calling him a liar when DJI doesnt know what they're doing.
2018-1-26
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Madwand Posted at 2018-1-26 11:07
Its not obvious at all.  They told me mine crashed into a buiding hundreds of feet in the air 900 miles away from where I was when it actually fell 3 feet out of the air. You're calling him a liar when DJI doesnt know what they're doing.

Kindly read my posts and choose your words a bit more carefully. I have never ever called anybody a liar in this forum. In this particular case I only came to the conclusion that initially not all facts were presented. Crash has already been confirmed after all and on the liquid side the stage of "humid air" has been reached, whatever that might mean.
2018-1-26
Use props
idbl_fanatic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 509741 ft
United States

Getting popcorn
2018-1-26
Use props
fansacc1dc2b
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I have never flown near a body of water and I had no reason to believe there was any water damage hence the confusion
2018-1-26
Use props
fansacc1dc2b
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Bottom line is I was just looking for some advice

Do I pay the €490 for just the body replaced or do I buy another drone? (I’d get a new battery, I’ve also seen a fly more combo for £490 online on dronesforless.co.uk

Am I able to just get the gimbal problem fixed? Or is the complete replacement unavoidable?

2018-1-26
Use props
Bright Spark
Second Officer
United Kingdom

New pristine hardware,no history, no brainer.
2018-1-26
Use props
Vulcan-XH558
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62054 ft
United Kingdom

Be very careful where you purchase a replacement, some online stores promise the earth, but don’t deliver.  Caveat emptor.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/dronesforless.co.uk

2018-1-26
Use props
fansacc1dc2b
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks for that Vulcan, some very mixed reviews there, I hear the company uses PayPal so if I get screwed over I should be covered right?
2018-1-26
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

fansacc1dc2b Posted at 2018-1-26 14:26
Bottom line is I was just looking for some advice

Do I pay the €490 for just the body replaced or do I buy another drone? (I’d get a new battery, I’ve also seen a fly more combo for £490 online on dronesforless.co.uk

I would suggest that you get your case once again checked carefully by directly approaching one of the DJI representatives (Administrators/Moderators) here in the forum. Their follow up has significantly helped in many cases already. Just replacing the gimbal/camera unit is cheaper than the quote that you have received as far as I can remember. The big mystery remains that "liquid damage". Have you maybe flown it in rain? If everything else functions well you might be able to avoid a complete replacement of your Spark. Have you already asked the DJI repair office from which you have got the quote what the replacement of the gimbal/camera unit only would cost?

2018-1-26
Use props
Vulcan-XH558
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62054 ft
United Kingdom

fansacc1dc2b Posted at 2018-1-26 14:47
Thanks for that Vulcan, some very mixed reviews there, I hear the company uses PayPal so if I get screwed over I should be covered right?

You can take the chance, but I'd rather not.  On top of this, there's the hassle of going through the PayPal dispute process as well as having your money sitting in limbo for a while.

I bought my Spark mid-December and was ready to buy from a few of these sites, but a quick read up on Trust Pilot put me off.  Prices are pretty much standard across the board from the big box retailers, to the small independents, so anyone offering you a "bargain" is quite often the case...not.

Obviously there have been a number of contended customers, but the ratio is way too small for my liking.
2018-1-26
Use props
SOUNDWAVE439
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115597 ft
United States

do you have a warranty? if you do ask them about it but since it is an expensive part of the drone it would explain the cost
2018-1-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Sir, we are sorry for the confusion caused, please check the picture of the damage assessment below, the water-proof labels inside the aircraft have been red which means the drone had got water-damaged. For this situation, we recommend to replace the whole aircraft since the drone with water damage may exist many potential threat, we do not suggest to fly it anymore for safety. Thanks for your understanding. GTScreenshot_20180127_100506.png
2018-1-26
Use props
fansacc1dc2b
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks for replying @DJI Mindy, is there absolutely no chance of me just getting the gimbal problem fixed because I honestly believe it it doesn’t actually have any internal damage from water (even if the indicators are red)
2018-1-27
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fansacc1dc2b Posted at 2018-1-27 08:48
Thanks for replying @DJI Mindy, is there absolutely no chance of me just getting the gimbal problem fixed because I honestly believe it it doesn’t actually have any internal damage from water (even if the indicators are red)

Sorry to tell you that we would not recommend users continue to use their drone as the water-proof labels became red. For better flight performance, please replace the drone. Thanks for your support.
2018-1-27
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules