Proper Mavic Air review
3047 20 2018-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

Hi all,

Anyone stumbled at proper Mavic Air review yet?
I would like to see video that shows if OTG works with Mavic Air or not?
With proper range test like the attempt to go 4km out and back?
Like if it works with DJI Goggles, Crystal Sky?
Like what's realistic flight time (from 100 to 20% battery),
All videos so far are not very useful as I see paid "influencers" talking Specs and not real world testing with proofs.

2018-1-26
Use props
depicus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18281 ft
United Kingdom

Not yet and I wish they'd give them to other people apart from "influencers" who put me off more that sell it. I'd like to see DC Rainmaker review as he's usually quite detailed. The people I've seen so far have told me zero about the Mavic Air so I'll hold off ordering until real users get them in hand and review properly.   
2018-1-26
Use props
PetrP314
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1095853 ft
Czechia

You have to search better... for example
2018-1-26
Use props
PetrP314
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1095853 ft
Czechia

And of course OTG will work. The RC has the same double usb ports as Mavic RC. And you get the usb cables in the box...
2018-1-26
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

PetrP314 Posted at 2018-1-26 10:58
You have to search better... for example https://youtu.be/wcllyPVXMOc

Thanks... this was useful for flight time. Anything range wise?
2018-1-26
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

United States

OK.... finally found good Mavic Air range test:

I recommend looking other Mavic Air related videos from this guy as I think this one is the only honest reviewer right now that actually knows a thing or two about drones!!!
I am also impressed with the fact that guy uses proper SI units for speed and distance although being American.
DJI, I am not affiliated with this one, but this one deserves his Mavic Air for free... no b/s, no talking specs and muffins but actually getting hands dirty and doing stuff properly!!!
Other video was also proper review with good, neutral and negative things about Mavic Air. Big thumbs up for honesty!!! No one else comes even close to this guy.
Hopefully, there will be somebody in the Europe to do exactly this kind of honest practical reviews.
2018-1-29
Use props
SOUNDWAVE439
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115597 ft
United States

Is this your channel? If so do not use this forum for promoting viewers
2018-1-29
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

United States

SOUNDWAVE439 Posted at 2018-1-29 04:34
Is this your channel? If so do not use this forum for promoting viewers

Nope, it is not my channel.
2018-1-29
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-1-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I did find quite a lot, but that is 3 days later
No real user reviews I suppose.
2018-1-29
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2018-1-29 03:40

"getting hands dirty and doing stuff properly!!!"

I disagree.  Flying beyond VLOS in the USA and over other people's houses and buildings, is not doing stuff properly.  Furthermore, he purposely flew it until it disconnected from his control and was left flying on its own in the nation's skies.  I think he is working with lawmakers by making supporting evidence that drones should be banned in the nations skies.  Laughing all the way to the bank as RC model aircraft are left burning in his wake.
2018-1-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2018-1-29 03:40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ucWx7eqnfU

I believe your wrong in painting others with some tainted brush, yes they are reviewers CN for instance with a huge following are you trying to say he is dishonest or TOMS top tech , I have watched all 3 of these guys including your guy here and everything they say is very similar, I do believe they are all being honest in their appraisal of Mavic Air, in fact if you watch all 3 VLOGS you will find they are all extremely similar in their views with the exception one thing that both TT &CN are much more tech savvy than your guy up here.
Europe has plenty of honest VLOGGERS if you find US VLOGERS untrustworthy then you might know them better than I do, but please don’t try to say that just because others have a much bigger following than your guy here that somehow they are dishonest.
2018-1-29
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Actually, this gentleman got his drone for free as well and is actually quite popular.  
2018-1-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-1-29 12:29
Actually, this gentleman got his drone for free as well and is actually quite popular.

Didn’t say he’s not popular but to think that in Europe we need to find a vlogger to be honest is a bit of a stretch, you just need to watch TTT Facebook Q/A to get the lowdown on how MavAir works in Europe according to him warts and all.
2018-1-29
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm surprised Kelly flew that far out of VLOS.
2018-1-29
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-29 12:47
I'm surprised Kelly flew that far out of VLOS.

Agreed, he's actually a very by the books sort of chap.
2018-1-29
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-29 12:36
Didn’t say he’s not popular but to think that in Europe we need to find a vlogger to be honest is a bit of a stretch, you just need to watch TTT Facebook Q/A to get the lowdown on how MavAir works in Europe according to him warts and all.

I wasn't actually referring to anything you had stated, more to the OP.
2018-1-29
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-1-29 12:50
Agreed, he's actually a very by the books sort of chap.

He is. Having seen some of his reviews on the MA I'm getting the impression he's not that impressed overall.
2018-1-29
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-29 12:53
He is. Having seen some of his reviews on the MA I'm getting the impression he's not that impressed overall.

I'm kinda getting the same impression.  I ordered a red one, and am sort of happy it hasn't shipped yet as I'm still waiting for an unbiased review.  It'll be easier to cancel.  I'm still annoyed that it appears a MP2 maybe out sooner then expected and that MA is as loud as it is.
2018-1-29
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I wouldn’t cancel the order as it does look like a great mini drone and it’s anyone’s guess if an MP2 is coming soon. You could always sell both your Mavic’s when it does and get one later down the line.
2018-1-29
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

Guys, some of you are too purist. I guess some of you never got speeding ticket. And statistics say, more people are killed in car accidents than in drone accidents.
Guy did a test in totally remote area thus minimizing the risk of something bad happening. And for all those purists, you are all illegally flying spark in Europe even at distance of 1m if you are outside in case you use 5.8GHz band either for AC-RC or RC-device link.
As for honesty of American vs. European reviewers, it's not that I trust more one or another, it's a fact that DJI devices have substantially different performance when it comes to range in Europe vs. US.
2018-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules