Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
gimbal and focus error
744 3 2018-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GJ 8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34360 ft
Netherlands

Dear DJI / dear co-pilots. This topic was mentioned earlier under camera connection problems, but it goes further.

I have a problem. After updating to firmware -300 first  the Inspire 2 was reacting erratic to yaw inputs, at the same time the  gimbal was having a life of its own, both yaw control and gimbal seemed connected and were interfering with each other. Restarting the drone fixed  that (I thought).

Now, when using dual controls, whenever I (or rather my cameraman)  pan(s) the camera (MUSE 5) the gimbal will return to center position in 1  second, while the gimbal setting is in FREE mode, tilting the camera works oke, both with the camera remote and with the turn wheel on the master controller.  Also I receive warning about lens disconected while the lens is fully  connected, no damage or debris. The camera has problems focussing, manual focussing (tapping the screen in DJI GO 4) is needed frequently.

Also, sometimes I receive warning about  controller firmware update needed when all firmware is latest available installed.

Inspire is almost new, all firmware (drone, remote and batteries) is updated to latest version (-300), IOS is latest version (11.2.5). Removing the app and re-installing does not work as suggested by other fora. Changing remotes from master to slave has no impact, other than when changing, the new master indicator flashes red/green in a strange frequency. Changing gimbal mode between follow and free has no impact, looks more like it is not working at all.

2018-1-26
Use props
GJ 8
lvl.1
Netherlands

addition: when trying to control the aircraft on the ground without the app, the result is the same. Gimbal just does not want to do what the controller tells it to do, it keeps going to the center position.
2018-1-26
Use props
GJ 8
lvl.1
Netherlands

Problem seems to be solved, it so happened that the two controllers were on different firmware (as of factory). Feeding them both with the latest firmware looks like solving the problem. No more warnings, cautions and the gimbal works as advertised (so far). It appears thee two were competing each other for the right settings of the drone. All that trouble for a little bit of firmware . But glad it works again.
2018-1-27
Use props
FoChap
lvl.1
Flight distance : 140285 ft
United States

I had the same problem and can confirm that this fixed it. Updated second controllers firmware and things are back to normal. Thank you!
2018-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules