Shipping Mavic Air's ?
24580 397 2018-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ryolaxe
lvl.1
France

Hi all,

Ordered an onyx black Mavic Air and my tracking shows the same as yours 20:59 since January 31st...

It seems DHL is not well organized... If all those packages are in customs, why don't they say it ?
2018-2-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

r0mko Posted at 2018-2-5 04:35
That's really weird. The only guess I have that DHL works in cooperation with DJI and they might have established a sort of dedicated warehouse or sorting facility to cope with the massive amount of orders. This is the only rational reason why DHL could be aware of contents of your parcel.

I’m awaiting another call from DHL I will keep thread updated.
2018-2-5
Use props
fans123fa1d2
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Just had txt off dhl , does scheduled for delivery agreed mean il get it delivered today ?
7D80A978-166E-42BD-A40A-C9836E518DFC.jpeg
2018-2-5
Use props
sszaki
lvl.2
Flight distance : 106030 ft
Ireland

Lucy you... Still no update for me...
2018-2-5
Use props
Tadango
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232359 ft
Netherlands

Ryolaxe Posted at 2018-2-5 04:53
Hi all,

Ordered an onyx black Mavic Air and my tracking shows the same as yours 20:59 since January 31st...

They are not scanned in. DHL facility so DHL does not know where they are.
2018-2-5
Use props
sgreg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35778 ft
United Kingdom

fans123fa1d2 Posted at 2018-2-5 05:19
Just had txt off dhl , does scheduled for delivery agreed mean il get it delivered today ?

In my case yes it was. Once it cleared Customs it moved very fast. Cleared customs Thursday afternoon delivers less than 24hours later.

You should have it today.
2018-2-5
Use props
Kune
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2773465 ft
  • >>>
Spain

After 9 endless days I eventually received my mavic!!

PS: I just realized that all my avatar's DJI devices have disapeard.... does anyone know why?
2018-2-5
Use props
fans123fa1d2
lvl.1

United Kingdom

sgreg Posted at 2018-2-5 05:32
In my case yes it was. Once it cleared Customs it moved very fast. Cleared customs Thursday afternoon delivers less than 24hours later.

You should have it today.

I hope so thanks
2018-2-5
Use props
fans123fa1d2
lvl.1

United Kingdom

sszaki Posted at 2018-2-5 05:21
Lucy you... Still no update for me...

Hope u get updates soon
2018-2-5
Use props
Tadango
lvl.4
Netherlands

So it could be that the container was partially unloaded in the UK for the UK orders and is transported now to somewhere else in the EU (NL or DE). That explains why there are some scanned and some not. DHL said the container had arrived in the UK but did not know where is was right now. It might be on transport to the next unloading location now. That explains the different locations for the scans at step 4: the container moves through the EU and packages are unloaded at different locations.....

Snail mail
2018-2-5
Use props
Arts Wye
lvl.1
Austria

r0mko Posted at 2018-2-5 04:06
Mine is Arctic White. Seems that colour makes no difference.

The color makes a difference. I could walk into a Conrad shop and buy an Arctic White from the shelf.
2018-2-5
Use props
sszaki
lvl.2
Ireland

In Ireland so far I found them for 1249...
2018-2-5
Use props
r0mko
lvl.2
Flight distance : 149800 ft
Germany

Arts Wye Posted at 2018-2-5 05:57
The color makes a difference. I could walk into a Conrad shop and buy an Arctic White from the shelf.

If I knew beforehand that delivery will last that long, I'd prefer buying a Mavic Air in a local German shop...
2018-2-5
Use props
iceman#1
lvl.3
Germany

Arts Wye Posted at 2018-2-5 05:57

no way... Conrad has them in stock already? Guess I made a big mistake ordering at DJI directly.
still no update here since 1st February. I wonder if a call to DHL will be helpful at all.
2018-2-5
Use props
sszaki
lvl.2
Ireland

Yep and there is little of profit ordering from dji. Care refresh is already running if you ordered it with drone and dji select is just a scam... Nothing for mavic air owners.
2018-2-5
Use props
djiuser_e0vwUZtUCGef
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16427 ft
Germany

I've ordered the arctic white fly more package + landing pad (to Germany) on the 26th. Still stuck at the 4th dot & and haven't gotten a DHL tracking number yet. Customer support told me that my package got delayed because of the landing pad, but it should be handed off to DHL tomorrow.
Judging from the bulk delivery/customs delays you guys describe, I won't have it for the weekend. Unsatisfying pre-order experience so far -.-
2018-2-5
Use props
r0mko
lvl.2
Germany

djiuser_e0vwUZtUCGef Posted at 2018-2-5 06:33
I've ordered the arctic white fly more package + landing pad (to Germany) on the 26th. Still stuck at the 4th dot & and haven't gotten a DHL tracking number yet. Customer support told me that my package got delayed because of the landing pad, but it should be handed off to DHL tomorrow.
Judging from the bulk delivery/customs delays you guys describe, I won't have it for the weekend. Unsatisfying pre-order experience so far -.-

Haha, I did absolutely the same just one day before you. Mine seems to be stuck at the UK customs or somewhere else (no updates since last Wednesday).
2018-2-5
Use props
djiuser_e0vwUZtUCGef
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16427 ft
Germany

r0mko Posted at 2018-2-5 06:47
Haha, I did absolutely the same just one day before you. Mine seems to be stuck at the UK customs or somewhere else (no updates since last Wednesday). [view_image]

So that's where my landing pad went
2018-2-5
Use props
pawel_g
lvl.3
Flight distance : 509268 ft
Poland

Tadango Posted at 2018-2-5 05:54
So it could be that the container was partially unloaded in the UK for the UK orders and is transported now to somewhere else in the EU (NL or DE). That explains why there are some scanned and some not. DHL said the container had arrived in the UK but did not know where is was right now. It might be on transport to the next unloading location now. That explains the different locations for the scans at step 4: the container moves through the EU and packages are unloaded at different locations.....

Snail mail

DHL BBX does not work that way (good for us). It is not container but palette or two. Such BBX transport has one origin and one destination. In our case it is assembled in Shenzhen and disassembled in East Midlands. The whole customs procedure takes place on the BBX parcel.As DHL without palette tracking number does not know where it exactly is, there are two options - it it still in China waiting to be complete or it already arrived in East Midlands waiting to be customs processed.
We will not see customs procedure in our tracking numbers, as it takes place transparently between step 3 and 4 (this is how BBX works) - it is visible on palette's tracking number.

Seems that we all from 31st of Jan and 1st od Feb are on the same palette, which is somewhere waiting to be disassembled.

I still hope it will happen.

br, Pawel
2018-2-5
Use props
Tadango
lvl.4
Netherlands

Funny that DHL Customer support says something different. I guess they just read a page somewhere and have no clue of what is really going one?
2018-2-5
Use props
Tomcatuk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28743 ft
United Kingdom

Ryolaxe Posted at 2018-2-5 04:53
Hi all,

Somebody asked for a tracking form on here of a delivery.....
Well like a lot of folks I was one of them having the last update on 31st Jan (seems months's ago) on the tracking info site of DHL then this morning I suddenly get an update and then the text and email to say its being delivered WHOA!!!! that came as a surprise as I was told not till the 7th Feb, anyway it arrived today and apart from charging the batteries and the controller (what a weird plug to go in a rectangle socket) that's all I've done.

The tracking is useless as it does not even show it going from Birmingham to Northampton when it was delivered from....

If you have a look here http://www.dhl.co.uk/en/express/industry_solutions.html it tells you about "Breakbulk" from dhl only found this out as that was on the shipping label.
Sorry for some reason the image got double posted... :-(
DHL.jpg.jpg
2018-2-5
Use props
sszaki
lvl.2
Ireland

A this stage it's so much confusion that all and none information can be true. Typical customer support will know as much as we do. From all the puzzle pieces I'm confident that we will get it before weekend but nothing else.
2018-2-5
Use props
Tadango
lvl.4
Netherlands

Funny that yours is already delivered while mine was in the same bulk transport (according to the dates) and does note even have a update beyond step 3.... DHL does not like me
2018-2-5
Use props
pawel_g
lvl.3
Poland

Tadango Posted at 2018-2-5 08:04
Funny that yours is already delivered while mine was in the same bulk transport (according to the dates) and does note even have a update beyond step 3.... DHL does not like me

That worries me a bit as it seems that some shipments from 31st were processed today.  Maybe there were more pallets or only part of them was sent.
I'm also in the same point as you.

br,pawel
2018-2-5
Use props
Tadango
lvl.4
Netherlands

pawel_g Posted at 2018-2-5 08:11
That worries me a bit as it seems that some shipments from 31st were processed today.  Maybe there were more pallets or only part of them was sent.

But i have only seen updates for the UK as the final destination. That matches with what DHL said on the phone (at least the phone number on the parcel is correct ). We will know when the next update is here.
2018-2-5
Use props
Ben Service
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Tadango Posted at 2018-2-5 08:04

I am in the same situation as you, same times etc but no update. You are not alone
2018-2-5
Use props
sszaki
lvl.2
Ireland

Tomcatuk Posted at 2018-2-5 08:01
Somebody asked for a tracking form on here of a delivery.....
Well like a lot of folks I was one of them having the last update on 31st Jan (seems months's ago) on the tracking info site of DHL then this morning I suddenly get an update and then the text and email to say its being delivered WHOA!!!! that came as a surprise as I was told not till the 7th Feb, anyway it arrived today and apart from charging the batteries and the controller (what a weird plug to go in a rectangle socket) that's all I've done.

Is there bulk tracking no on your parcel? If yes does it contain your normal tracking number or its just completely different number?
2018-2-5
Use props
Tomcatuk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28743 ft
United Kingdom

sszaki Posted at 2018-2-5 08:43
Is there bulk tracking no on your parcel? If yes does it contain your normal tracking number or its just completely different number?

Sszaki, not that I noticed.... just my waybill number (tracking)
2018-2-5
Use props
MarWu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11555 ft
Germany

Ben Service Posted at 2018-2-5 08:27
I am in the same situation as you, same times etc but no update. You are not alone

Same for me. Since Jan 31st no tracking update. According to the flight plans their were 2 or 3 flights from Hong Kong to Leipzig and numerous flights from Leipzig to East midlands, so as already said by DHL it should be in UK...stuck in customs. Hopefully I will hold the MA in my hands by the end of the week. German DHL Hotline was not helpful....they only told me that it didn't leave China and I should contact DJI, because they get their money back when the parcel is delayed.
2018-2-5
Use props
Tadango
lvl.4
Netherlands

DJI said it should be here tomorrow for me, so that is the last day of the shipping window. If it comes later they can get their shipping fee back? What about me?
2018-2-5
Use props
hobbydroner
lvl.3
Belgium

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-2-4 03:33
Hi, yes I have received it and my first impressions are just WOW :-) The maiden flight will take place this afternoon. Others have reported already that the "Enhanced" WiFi connection of the Air is significantly better than with Spark and allows for good range. Two tests under European conditions are available here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D534%26typeid%3D534
Personally I would always buy from the DJI online store because I believe it makes warranty issues (should there be any) easier. DJI is paying all taxes and the price is not different from local retailers.

Good to hear that you got your mavic air. So that means if I ll buy online directly from dji I will only pay the mavic combo pack 999 us (about 800 euros) without any extra charges on my side ( import tax or so on )??
That would be good to be true since european gov want always a piece of the cake. Thanks for replying .
2018-2-5
Use props
Tadango
lvl.4
Netherlands

hobbydroner Posted at 2018-2-5 11:40
Good to hear that you got your mavic air. So that means if I ll buy online directly from dji I will only pay the mavic combo pack 999 us (about 800 euros) without any extra charges on my side ( import tax or so on )??
That would be good to be true since european gov want always a piece of the cake. Thanks for replying .

You pay 1049 euros when you ship it to belgium...... taxes included.
2018-2-5
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

hobbydroner Posted at 2018-2-5 11:40
Good to hear that you got your mavic air. So that means if I ll buy online directly from dji I will only pay the mavic combo pack 999 us (about 800 euros) without any extra charges on my side ( import tax or so on )??

You are welcome. But as explained here above by Tadango you cannot take the US rate. The prices vary by country because of different VAT and other tax levels. Thus on the DJI website you have to select your country first, then you'll get the correct price. Importing it yourself has two big disadvantages, the biggest is the warranty. I recommend to read the DJI warranty conditions which clearly state that warranty is granted in the country of purchase and has to be claimed there. Thus should you ever have an issue with your drone, you normally have to return it where you have bought it and that can get complicated, costly and time consuming. Secondly depending on the import regulations of your country it is likely that an import tax will be applied (here in Germany 10%) plus the VAT (here 19%). With self-import you might not save any money at all or very little but have all the potential problems mentioned.
2018-2-5
Use props
iceman#1
lvl.3
Germany

pawel_g Posted at 2018-2-5 08:11
That worries me a bit as it seems that some shipments from 31st were processed today.  Maybe there were more pallets or only part of them was sent.

Exactly, there must have been numerous pallets going to Europe from DJI Shenzhen that day. All European pre-orders must have left that day or on 1st Feb.
DHL pallet size is about 0,8x1,2x1,8m size. I assume the Mavic Air box size to be around 0,2x0,3x0,3m. That makes around 100 Mavic's per pallet. The sold number of Air's to Europe via web shop is hard to guess, especially because there are no sales numbers available for any of the DJI drones. But a wild guess is 1000-5000 pre-orders from Europe minimum. That makes it about 10-50 pallets.
So it's no wonder that some pallets are already unloaded, cleared and items delivered, where others are still in transit or at customs.

The real bummer here is the shipping method DJI uses here. I never saw such bad tracking info on a DHL Express shipment. If DHL has to give back the money to DJI after exceeding 6 days until delivery, DJI will get back lots of money. Nice draw DJI. But DHL will learn from it.
2018-2-5
Use props
r0mko
lvl.2
Germany

Guys from Germany who haven't received your parcels yet, do you still see "Departed Facility in SHENZHEN" in your tracking?
2018-2-5
Use props
pawel_g
lvl.3
Poland

I’m not from Germany but my parcel wil also travel via Leipzig - still #3 Departed Facility in Shenzhen.

Paw
2018-2-5
Use props
sszaki
lvl.2
Ireland

No movement of my one it's strange as it for sure went on same load that someone have it in Bristol...
2018-2-5
Use props
wheeler
lvl.2
Flight distance : 422799 ft
United Kingdom

Same boat me ole fruit. It’s just not making any sense ? There just seems no order in the way this stuff is being scanned in and out
2018-2-5
Use props
pawel_g
lvl.3
Poland

Mine was yesterday evening updated as procesed in East Midlands.
Now it is already at Leipzig so I expect delivery today or tomorrow at latest. Seems that the story is finally over.

Br,paw
2018-2-5
Use props
sszaki
lvl.2
Ireland

Hehe same date that I placed mavic order I bought xiaomi car charger for my phone on ebay with free shipping. And guess what it's out for delivery. No update from DHL.
2018-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules