Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Anti Static Compass Upgrade on P2 (Non Vision)
1519 5 2015-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lennyschway
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1708412 ft
United States

Been a while since I've posted here but I've got a question.

I have the Phantom 2 (original version) with Zenmuse H3-3D Gimbal.
I wanted to upgrade the compass to the newer Ant-Static (enclosed) version. I saw 2 versions. Part # 16 (Phantom 2/ Phantom 2 Vision) and Part # 18 ( Phantom 2 Vision +)
Part #16 uses the regular height Landing Skids. These suck if you have a filter on your GoPro or a longer VTX Antenna.
Part # 18 uses slightly taller Landing Skids which give more clearance. I wanted the taller Skids and the dealer said I can use Part #18 on my Phantom 2.

Now I see online that Part #18 is for the Vision + Only!! So that must mean that the Compass is different between the P2/P2V and the P2V+?
So I cannot use that one?

2015-4-25
Use props
tonyray955
lvl.4

United States

Now I see online that Part #18 is for the Vision + Only!! So that must mean that the Compass is different between the P2/P2V and the P2V+?
So I cannot use that one?

Nope it's the same only the #18 is 3/8 of an inch taller other then that it's the same compass.  All you need to do is get the landing gear for the other side the DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Part 04 Landing Gear and you get 3/8 inch taller. The only thing is it only come in a set of 2 so you have to buy 2 of them but you will have a spare if you ever need it.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product ... 1_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I know because I did it I ordered the part #18 by mistake so I just ordered #04
2015-4-25
Use props
I. P. Freely
Second Officer

United States

tonyray955 Posted at 2015-4-26 06:35
Now I see online that Part #18 is for the Vision + Only!! So that must mean that the Compass is diff ...

I put the Vision plus gear on my Phantom 2 Version 2.0.  I did get a little benefit of the taller gear.
2015-4-25
Use props
lennyschway
lvl.4
United States

But what about the length of the compass cable. Is it long enough to reach the compass port on the Phantom 2?
2015-4-26
Use props
tonyray955
lvl.4

United States

lennyschway@gma Posted at 2015-4-27 00:26
But what about the length of the compass cable. Is it long enough to reach the compass port on the P ...

Yes it is the only thing is the leg is 3/8 inch. longer on the vision plus
2015-4-26
Use props
lennyschway
lvl.4
United States

I did install the Compass Part# 18 on my P2 non vision.  I already had a few of the DJI longer landing skids so I used one of those on the other side.
The Compass calibrated fine and the copter flew fine.   No Problem at all..
2015-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules