Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Invalid SD Card
6287 15 2018-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nathanbruce
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5538 ft
New Zealand

I have just aquirred a Phantom 3 Standard (my first drone and DJI product) but it did not come with a SD card. After buying a 32GB Toshiba M302 Exceria which did not work and I just got the "invalid SD card" message. I then tried to format the card in the DJI Go app but it is never successful in formating the card. I have also tried formating the card on my window 10 computer as both Exfat and fat32 but again neither work. I have looked at many different forums and tried most things including diskpart cleaning the card through command prompts. I am stumped on what to try next so any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated
2018-1-26
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Try a scandisk extreme.
2018-1-26
Use props
S.D. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

yeah those aren't good cards as you can see...Sandisk are the way to go.

2018-1-26
Use props
Rhino9872
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5912037 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had that problem out of the blue the other day. Been working fine for months and then bam...invalid. So anyway, I’m sure you already did this but it’s how I fixed mine. When you format in windows 10 do the full format (not the quick one). Quick format did not work. Full format did. Good luck with it!
2018-1-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey there, is there any chance change to another SD card to verify? In theory, it supports Micro-SD cards with Class 10 grade or above and write speeds above 60 Mbps (Note the write speed. Normally average, max. write speed or read speed is labeled in products). Please choose quality products. The SD card of poor quality may affect recording.
2018-1-27
Use props
nathanbruce
lvl.1
New Zealand

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-27 00:41
Hey there, is there any chance change to another SD card to verify? In theory, it supports Micro-SD cards with Class 10 grade or above and write speeds above 60 Mbps (Note the write speed. Normally average, max. write speed or read speed is labeled in products). Please choose quality products. The SD card of poor quality may affect recording.

I have just ordered a 32GB Sandisk Extreme .Hopefullly I should have it by mid next week to test
2018-1-27
Use props
MDC
New
Flight distance : 3 ft
France

Have the same problem with a sanDisk extreme plus U3 95MB/s. I did format it on the drone, on my computer fat32/ex fat 32 quick mode and full mode
2018-1-30
Use props
MDC
New
Flight distance : 3 ft
France

but no more success. Tried also other cards but failed also.
2018-1-30
Use props
DEUCEDOG
Captain
Flight distance : 2501575 ft
United Kingdom

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-1-26 18:21
Try a scandisk extreme.

Yep Sandisk extreme all day long , also format the card when it is in the bird , fly safe
2018-1-30
Use props
DEUCEDOG
Captain
Flight distance : 2501575 ft
United Kingdom

Also beware of cheaper counterfeit cards ,i got caught out and you just can't tell the difference until you go to use it .
buy from a reputable supplier  and  your be ok
2018-1-30
Use props
nathanbruce
lvl.1
New Zealand

I've bought A 32GB Sandisk extreme and it so far has been working perfectly. Thanks for all the advice.
2018-1-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

nathanbruce Posted at 2018-1-30 20:42
I've bought A 32GB Sandisk extreme and it so far has been working perfectly. Thanks for all the advice.

Thanks for keeping us updated. Nice to know it works now. Happy flying!
2018-2-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

MDC Posted at 2018-1-30 05:04
Have the same problem with a sanDisk extreme plus U3 95MB/s. I did format it on the drone, on my computer fat32/ex fat 32 quick mode and full mode

MDC, may I know which drone do you use? Do you still keep the original SD card? Is there any chance to verify? If still no luck, I'm afraid that you have to send it in.
2018-2-1
Use props
Alderaan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 292 ft
Italy

Hi to all. I've same problem. Every time I start fly, after 1-2 minutes camera stops recording. Some time I cannot take other photos or video, frequently i see SD card error. Both with DJIGO and LITCHI. I've a phantom 3 SE. I've changed many sd card. Lastest firware in drone. I've another issue: with android camera doesn't function, only with iphone.

These are sd tested:

Samsung MB-MC64GA/EU EVO
SanDisk Ultra Imaging MicroSDHC
Lexar Micro sdhc

I don't know what other do.....
2018-8-21
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Alderaan Posted at 2018-8-21 13:01
Hi to all. I've same problem. Every time I start fly, after 1-2 minutes camera stops recording. Some time I cannot take other photos or video, frequently i see SD card error. Both with DJIGO and LITCHI. I've a phantom 3 SE. I've changed many sd card. Lastest firware in drone. I've another issue: with android camera doesn't function, only with iphone.

These are sd tested:

As has been recommended in the posts above, buy a Sandisk Extreme Pro card.
2018-8-21
Use props
Alderaan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 292 ft
Italy

Geebax Posted at 2018-8-21 16:28
As has been recommended in the posts above, buy a Sandisk Extreme Pro card.

Done, i've bought this :Sandisk Extreme pro

Same problem. During flight i see a popup sd card error.
2018-8-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules