3075 30 2018-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SSFRIH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32283 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi all just had my first flight with my brand new Phantom 4 pro it went out about 15 meters or so and then i went up to about 60 feet
and it keap on going a bit then i tryed to bring it down it started down and did not stop untill it hit the ground luckly it was a bit muddy
so no damage i tryed it 3 more times and the samething happen go up and down. It's seems to be ok under 25 feet but when you go abve 50 feet
it dose not now when to stop. Any ideas?
Thanks for your time
2018-1-26
Use props
noflyzone69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 240361 ft
  • >>>
United States

what firmware do you have?
2018-1-26
Use props
SSFRIH
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

noflyzone69 Posted at 2018-1-26 19:51
what firmware do you have?

I did a firmware update 3 weeks ago and check it again last night because i planned
to test the Phantom 4 pro out for the first time i got ill and the bad weather keep me form fly it sooner.
I have the care refresh so at should be covered for 10 more mouths. Just want to get use to it before spring. Thanks
2018-1-26
Use props
noflyzone69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 240361 ft
  • >>>
United States

SSFRIH Posted at 2018-1-26 20:16
I did a firmware update 3 weeks ago and check it again last night because i planned
to test the Phantom 4 pro out for the first time i got ill and the bad weather keep me form fly it sooner.
I have the care refresh so at should be covered for 10 more mouths. Just want to get use to it before spring. Thanks

V01.05.0300 ?
2018-1-26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

This is very unlikely to have anything to do with firmware.
But the recorded flight data may help to solve the mystery.
To see if it does, go to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides and someone might be able to analyse it and give you an understanding of the cause of the incident.
2018-1-26
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

This should be an interesting analysis.  

RedHotPoker
2018-1-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

It's lucky that the drone did not suffer too much damage. Could you sync the flight records and leave your DJI Account? We'd like to look into it.
2018-1-27
Use props
SSFRIH
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-27 00:37
It's lucky that the drone did not suffer too much damage. Could you sync the flight records and leave your DJI Account? We'd like to look into it.
https://youtu.be/brKQZ-gTBXg

Thank You for your reply i sync the flight records and the account is my email SSFRH@AOL.COM
Yes i was lucky i was going to 200 but i just happen to stop where i did and it just keep going
for a bit before it stopped. i think it would of hit harder if i had went to 200 went it came down.
2018-1-27
Use props
SSFRIH
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 2018-1-26 22:33
This is very unlikely to have anything to do with firmware.
But the recorded flight data may help to solve the mystery.
To see if it does, go to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

I got the flight records but after i save them i try to open and all i get is unreadable page
cant fine anyway to get it to open. i can see the video's i took but it doesn't help much.
Thanks for your reply
2018-1-27
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

SSFRIH Posted at 2018-1-27 16:29
I got the flight records but after i save them i try to open and all i get is unreadable page
cant fine anyway to get it to open. i can see the video's i took but it doesn't help much.
Thanks for your reply

If you saved a copy of the .txt file on your Phone/Tablet/Computer you need to upload the .txt file for the flight you want to analyze Flight Log Viewer, once you get it uploaded copy & paste the link to it back here and we can take a look at it, maybe we can help
2018-1-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

SSFRIH Posted at 2018-1-27 16:29
Thanks for your reply

I'll try again
Go to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides
2018-1-27
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7 ft
Canada

CLICK ON THIS LINK AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS. http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

HAGA CLIC EN ESTE ENLACE Y SIGA LAS INSTRUCCIONES.
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2018-1-27
Use props
SSFRIH
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

MiniPalourde Posted at 2018-1-27 23:58
CLICK ON THIS LINK AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS. http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Thanks but i did all of the instruction and all i get is a page that looks like all symbols
i know it just me being dumb after 4 hours i had to walk away for a bit
2018-1-28
Use props
SSFRIH
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

MiniPalourde Posted at 2018-1-27 23:58
CLICK ON THIS LINK AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS. http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

I think i got it now Thank  you. I will try to fine the right flight to post
2018-1-28
Use props
SSFRIH
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

SSFRIH Posted at 2018-1-28 09:20
I think i got it now Thank  you. I will try to fine the right flight to post

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Y20SVV8DTEUHULT4FAHW/
Here you go Thanks
2018-1-28
Use props
SSFRIH
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

SSFRIH Posted at 2018-1-28 11:36
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Y20SVV8DTEUHULT4FAHW/
Here you go Thanks

I would like to Thank everyone for there help I'm learning a lot thanks again
2018-1-28
Use props
SSFRIH
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

SSFRIH Posted at 2018-1-28 11:40

This is the last flight i did seeing if i still had a problem and it was doing the same thing no control
going up and down drifting up when you let off the stick and down.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/01NAXUVWWCG0WKFNH94E/
2018-1-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

SSFRIH Posted at 2018-1-28 11:40

First question , is there anything blocking vision sensors , like the stickers that cover them for packing. Also was it by any chance foggy ?
Were the motors still running when it reached the ground?
Looking at your log first glance everything looks fine, except VPs does not match up to what it should be reading, so it looks like when you pushed left stick down you Aircraft thought it was almost on the ground.
2018-1-28
Use props
SSFRIH
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

thanks for the reply yes it is v01.05.0300
2018-1-28
Use props
SSFRIH
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-28 12:14
First question , is there anything blocking vision sensors , like the stickers that cover them for packing. Also was it by any chance foggy ?
Were the motors still running when it reached the ground?
Looking at your log first glance everything looks fine, except VPs does not match up to what it should be reading, so it looks like when you pushed left stick down you Aircraft thought it was almost on the ground.

It first i though the props were moving but know that i think about when it hit the ground it
just tip over and the props hit the mud and no damage if they were running they would of broken
i would think. i don't see anything blocking the sensors, The weather was sunny with high clouds  
It was not coming down real fast speed but faster then i like with no stop until the ground.
Thanks
2018-1-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

SSFRIH Posted at 2018-1-28 12:40
It first i though the props were moving but know that i think about when it hit the ground it
just tip over and the props hit the mud and no damage if they were running they would of broken
i would think. i don't see anything blocking the sensors, The weather was sunny with high clouds  

The fact that you say it was coming down fast but not just dropped down, I think this has something to do with VPS.
I looked at your second log and again it’s a bit strange you can see the flight map marked in red this is usually a sign that you have weak gps or compass problem with aircraft in Atti mode. But your log shows no problem with any of these.
Again you Aircraft moving up and down with no stick movements is another sign of problem with VPS.

You could try sensor calibration in dji assistant to see if this makes any difference, usually a problem with sensors you will get a warning in app, if this doesn’t work you may have to send Aircraft in to get checked.
2018-1-28
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Can I ask, have you a gimbal guard fitted to the legs ?
2018-1-28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

There is a problem with your VPS sensors and this will affect descent.
The VPS sensors are looking down below the Phantom and use sonar to measure distance to the ground.
They work up to a height of 30 feet.
The Phantom uses a barometer to measure height above the launch point.
When you launch and are below 30 feet the IMU altitude should closely match the VPS altitude.

Yours is reading a constant 0.3 ft or 0.7 ft regardless of the true height indicated by the barometer.
One possible cause may be something physically blocking the view of the sensors.
Do you have a gimbal guard or something else fitted below the sensors?

Removing the item blocking the sensors would fix things.
If there is nothing there disabling the VPS sensors in the app settings would be recommended until you can sort out what is causing the problem.
2018-1-28
Use props
SSFRIH
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-28 14:04
The fact that you say it was coming down fast but not just dropped down, I think this has something to do with VPS.
I looked at your second log and again it’s a bit strange you can see the flight map marked in red this is usually a sign that you have weak gps or compass problem with aircraft in Atti mode. But your log shows no problem with any of these.
Again you Aircraft moving up and down with no stick movements is another sign of problem with VPS.

Thanks for helping me out I'm going to call DJI tomorrow, it was to late Friday to call them.
i don't want to mess with it to much senses it  brand new and i opened a repair case but have not
gotten the shipping tag yet. i hope in San Francisco i can drive it down to them. Would not mine
trying the sensor calibration just to learn how it is done. I'm sure it is on YouTube
Thanks Again
2018-1-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

SSFRIH Posted at 2018-1-28 15:54
Thanks for helping me out I'm going to call DJI tomorrow, it was to late Friday to call them.
i don't want to mess with it to much senses it  brand new and i opened a repair case but have not
gotten the shipping tag yet. i hope in San Francisco i can drive it down to them. Would not mine

Here’s a link good look mate.

2018-1-28
Use props
SSFRIH
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-28 16:06
Here’s a link good look mate.

https://youtu.be/mYSqz7R5zwI

Thanks going to give it a try now
2018-1-28
Use props
SSFRIH
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 2018-1-28 15:40
There is a problem with your VPS sensors and this will affect descent.
The VPS sensors are looking down below the Phantom and use sonar to measure distance to the ground.
They work up to a height of 30 feet.

Thank you very much, I don't see anything blocking the sensors but i will check again
When i get this fixed i will post the fix thanks again
2018-1-28
Use props
SSFRIH
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-1-28 14:56

Yes i did but it was back behind the camera i have a marco polo tracker on it to the side by the middle
of the leg.
2018-1-28
Use props
SSFRIH
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-1-28 14:56

I Think that's the problem i just looked at where i had the gimbal guard and the sensors
are right above it i feel like a Fool, going to try it tomorrow weather permitting will let you know.
Thanks Again so much to all for the much needed help  
2018-1-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

SSFRIH Posted at 2018-1-27 11:23
Thank You for your reply i sync the flight records and the account is my email
Yes i was lucky i was going to 200 but i just happen to stop where i did and it just keep going
for a bit before it stopped. i think it would of hit harder if i had went to 200 went it came down.

I have tried to get the flight records but failed for several times. Could you refer below and export the flight records and flight logs as well? Thanks so much!

For Android devices, connect the device to the computer, find the flight records stored in …\DJI\dji.pilot\FlightRecord\, and copy the required flight records to the computer.
For iOS devices, connect the device to the computer, launch the iTunes, find the flight records in the DJI GO app, and copy the FlightRecord folder to the computer.
2018-2-1
Use props
SSFRIH
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I sent the Phantom in for repair as that's what DJI service requested Thanks for checking
2018-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules