Mavic Air and DJI Goggles
2909 7 2018-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SparkCoffey
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI, does the Mavic Air sync to the DJI Goggles in the same fashion as the Mavic Pro? I read that it can be "linked", which tells me yes. But I have seen several write that a cable is required...

Thanks for your time.
2018-1-26
Use props
Claudia Fischer
lvl.3
Germany

The goggles connect wirelessly via DJI's Ocusync to the Mavic Pro, where as it looks like the Mavic Air would need to connect via the USB port on the controller.

There is also a combination / bundle available: DJI Mavic Air & DJI Goggles

Actually you can save 263 US dollars...
2018-1-27
Use props
SparkCoffey
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Well, I have a Spark and the performance of the Spark with a cable and Mavic with Occusync are worlds apart. I sure hope it is better than using Goggles with the spark and a wire. If you do not remember to connect the Spark to the controller first and then connect the wire for the Goggles it limits you to 50' distance, which in my opinion is a total joke.

DJI, is the performance of the Mavic Air with DJI Goggles better than that of the Spark? Please say it is...
2018-1-27
Use props
SparkCoffey
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI, is the performance of the Mavic Air with DJI Goggles better than that of the Spark? Please say it is...
2018-2-1
Use props
fansab0e56bc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 83130 ft
  • >>>
United States

I did plug it in and I got a feed. It's only 720p at 30fps at the moment. No other options available. Also the video started to chop up a bit with fast movements. I just did a ground test and didn't fly it but it's seems similar to the spark unfortunately. I will do more testing. I have a Mavic Pro and love it. I'm considering returning the Mavic Air if possible. I really hope it's just isolated on my end and everyone is having a better experience. I would rather have an exchange if that's the case.
2018-2-1
Use props
SparkCoffey
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Ditto. That is exactly my experience.
2018-2-1
Use props
Celsus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196594 ft
United Kingdom

fansab0e56bc Posted at 2018-2-1 19:16
I did plug it in and I got a feed. It's only 720p at 30fps at the moment. No other options available. Also the video started to chop up a bit with fast movements. I just did a ground test and didn't fly it but it's seems similar to the spark unfortunately. I will do more testing. I have a Mavic Pro and love it. I'm considering returning the Mavic Air if possible. I really hope it's just isolated on my end and everyone is having a better experience. I would rather have an exchange if that's the case.

That is unfortunate. My preference would have been for DJI to have improved upon the Mavic Pro specification.
2018-2-1
Use props
SparkCoffey
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I have found that I can use either USB ports (The Micro and the USB) on the controller for the DJI Goggles. But... I cannot use both at the same time. I wonder if a firmware update could make it possible?
2018-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules