My free replacement quick release props came in!
2315 30 2015-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bostonlines
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1045558 ft
United States

Just received my free quick release props from FPV Ninjas!  Thanks guys!

2015-4-25
Use props
Bart1209
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Still waiting for mine! I'm in the UK.
Has anyone else recieved their free quick release props yet?
2015-4-25
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Yes, got mine last Friday.
But will keep them aside until I have used my original props and spares.
2015-4-26
Use props
Ph02on
lvl.3
Flight distance : 75673 ft
United Kingdom

Mine arrived  Direct from DJI on Friday  (UK here)  3 sets of props and 2 sets of mounting adaptors.

Jason
2015-4-26
Use props
Fred D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56184 ft
Canada

Got mine on Friday 3 sets of props and 2 sets of locks.
2015-4-26
Use props
tpallai
lvl.4

United States

Whenever i ask B&H they tell me they haven't heard anything about free quick release props. Anyone else having this problem with them? Will they come to me directly from DJI?
2015-4-26
Use props
bostonlines
lvl.3
United States

tpallai Posted at 2015-4-26 23:01
Whenever i ask B&H they tell me they haven't heard anything about free quick release props. Anyone e ...

I would talk to DJI.  But seeing how their customer service is rated unsatisfactory, I would keep bugging BH Photo. Ask Tahoe Ed or Blade on the RC forums.
2015-4-26
Use props
Arrow1969
lvl.4
Flight distance : 400577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bart1209 Posted at 2015-4-26 15:06
Has anyone else recieved their free quick release props yet? ...

Yes am still waiting for mine in the UK
2015-4-27
Use props
stevejg16
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29001916 ft
United States

tpallai Posted at 2015-4-26 23:01
Whenever i ask B&H they tell me they haven't heard anything about free quick release props. Anyone e ...

I talked to the B&H rep last week, he put me on hold and talked with their DJI rep. He then told me anytime in the next few weeks they are expecting the new props/locks for customers to come in and automatically get shipped for free.
2015-4-27
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

I got mine from DJI directly last week as well.  But I already had a demo set from Dr. Turbo and purchased an additional set from Multirotor Warehouse when they got some in.  If you have them, make the switch, you will not regret it.  The only issue is identifying the CW and CCW lettering on the locks.  It is small.
2015-4-27
Use props
bostonlines
lvl.3
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-4-28 03:35
I got mine from DJI directly last week as well.  But I already had a demo set from Dr. Turbo and pur ...

The free ones I received yesterday had white dots painted on the locks and the props. I bought some several weeks ago and there was only white dots on the locks and nothing on the props.
2015-4-27
Use props
jeremyconk
lvl.3

United States

If the dealer we purchased the quad from doesn't know or believe we are eligible for free replacement props, how do we go about informing them... Is there a document we can download or direct the dealer to?
2015-4-27
Use props
bostonlines
lvl.3
United States

jeremyconk@me.c Posted at 2015-4-28 07:40
If the dealer we purchased the quad from doesn't know or believe we are eligible for free replacemen ...

Who's the dealer?  
2015-4-27
Use props
DJK
New
Flight distance : 44154 ft
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-4-28 03:35
I got mine from DJI directly last week as well.  But I already had a demo set from Dr. Turbo and pur ...

I really like the new props, except for the sharp edges when the blades are not installed. If i ever break a set of props. Or they could make and sell a set.  I'll make a set of covers from the centers. Is there a best practice for figuring out which prop goes where. I did not see any dots.
2015-4-27
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

I just got mine as well, it makes setting up so much faster!!!! And it sounds like they are little quieter than the older props too!
2015-4-27
Use props
joekeantang
lvl.4

United States

my props complementary prop from DJI WILL be deliver in a few days. Thanks DJI FOR stepping up your service. awesome to hear about the new announcement coming in a few months.
2015-4-27
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJK Posted at 2015-4-28 08:10
I really like the new props, except for the sharp edges when the blades are not installed. If i ev ...

One and three are CCW and 2 and 4 are CW.  I have been playing with the DJI quads for so long it is like second nature to me.  You will get used to it.
2015-4-27
Use props
bostonlines
lvl.3
United States

DJK Posted at 2015-4-28 08:10
I really like the new props, except for the sharp edges when the blades are not installed. If i ev ...

What do you mean sharp edges?  How are you handling the props?  
2015-4-27
Use props
DJK
New
Flight distance : 44154 ft
United States

bostonlines@gma Posted at 2015-4-28 09:03
What do you mean sharp edges?  How are you handling the props?

The edges I am referencing are on the new locking mechanism attached to the motor. Over time, they will probably start cutting the foam on the case lid.
2015-4-27
Use props
bostonlines
lvl.3
United States

DJK Posted at 2015-4-28 10:46
The edges I am referencing are on the new locking mechanism attached to the motor. Over time, they ...

Oh. Got it. Never noticed it since I bought a new case.   But now I see your point.
2015-4-27
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bart1209 Posted at 2015-4-26 15:06
Has anyone else recieved their free quick release props yet? ...

I will get mine tomorrow. For some that are having some questions installing these new props. See the information, video and photos on this thread:
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... ;page=2&lang=en
2015-4-27
Use props
jeremyconk
lvl.3

United States

Tammie's Hobbies in Beaverton Oregon....

Just want to give credit where credit is due.... I went in again today and they had a basket full of the replacement props and locks....
They apologised it took so long, and gave me the parts.... They also referenced this forum to confirm that 3 sets of props and 2 packs of the motor locks were the correct number to give out.

They had several sets for sale as well.... I bought 4 sets of the yellow tipped

I am a very pleased customer.....  Thanks Tammies Hobby.  
2015-4-28
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

jeremyconk@me.c Posted at 2015-4-29 01:29
Tammie's Hobbies in Beaverton Oregon....

Just want to give credit where credit is due.... I went i ...

I'm ready to order my free props from coptershop, is there a choice of yellow or white tipped, (I don't see that choice)?

Bob
2015-4-30
Use props
averbouwens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 83642 ft
United States

Just got my shipping order from CopterShop for the free props.  Great company to deal with.  I am thinking of upgrading my backup phantom to a P3 - but  will wait till the bugs are all out.  Thanks again CopterShop.
2015-4-30
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

averbouwens Posted at 2015-5-1 05:42
Just got my shipping order from CopterShop for the free props.  Great company to deal with.  I am th ...

I'm ready to order my free props from coptershop, is there a choice of yellow or white tipped, (I don't see that choice)?

Bob
2015-4-30
Use props
bostonlines
lvl.3
United States

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-5-1 07:11
I'm ready to order my free props from coptershop, is there a choice of yellow or white tipped, (I  ...

you don't order them.  They're supposed to just automatically send them to you.  Black tip only.
2015-4-30
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

bostonlines@gma Posted at 2015-5-1 12:12
you don't order them.  They're supposed to just automatically send them to you.  Black tip only.

Thanks for the black tip only bro.

I ordered my bird from coptershop and they email guys a $50 dollar code to use as they wish with a link to the props for 32 clams, (wanting you to put the additional $18 towards new lipo pack or other accessory)

I absolute hate these stock props that came with the A model, they scare me they are so shitty and weak.
I could easily picture a June Bug shattering these cheap pieces of shit. I hope the replacement blades are better.

quick question, any know of some high quality props, carbon fiber perhaps, or any other high quality materials?  
(what's more important than your lipo pack and your props?)

Boston, you live close, June Bugs will emerge in only 2-3 weeks, what are you gonna do?

Bob "scared of bugs" Marley
2015-4-30
Use props
bostonlines
lvl.3
United States

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-5-1 12:36
Thanks for the black tip only bro.

I ordered my bird from coptershop and they email guys a $50 do ...

These are the same material as the original props, so breaking/failure potential is about the same if it were to hit an object at high speeds.  WRT june bugs, I don't think they are big enough to affect the props.  What we should be afraid of are the birds trying to eat the june bugs.  

Went flying a couple places this past week.  Here are some of my shots:

2015-4-30
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

bostonlines@gma Posted at 2015-5-1 13:14
These are the same material as the original props, so breaking/failure potential is about the same ...

I'm worried about the hard junebugs "shattering" the brittle plastic, (if it were an apc prop I would have no worries).

Nice job filming bro, looks great.
I am doing the golf courses out here.
Filmed the clubhouses earlier in the week, waiting for the leaves and flowers to do the course, (maybe next week).

I'm loving this bird, I want some carbon props though, anyone have an idea?

Bob
2015-4-30
Use props
Tournique80
lvl.2

United States

I received mines today totally free from DSLpros.
2015-5-7
Use props
hcpilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33763 ft
United States

Be careful with these guys! I have heard of the new mounting plates cracking!!! I wont be using them. A few extra minutes to install the old props and locks is worth it to me!!! The risk with these new quick release props is to high right now and if one cracks in flight you will lose your 3k Inspire!!! NOPE!!!
2015-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules