Osmo original, can't be used for time lapse, too shaky.
950 8 2018-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Håkan K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 262946 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

This was captured having the Osmo on a tripod recording 5 minutes or so in 4K D-cine.  It seems to have some sort of pattern in it's movements. Is there a way to fix this? FW is the latest.

2018-1-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Håkan K, is there any drifting issue when you take still video?
2018-1-30
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

That's very odd.  Did you look at the unit to see if the shaking is coming from the Osmo or the tripod?  Hard to imagine a tripod shaking like that, but that would be the first thing I would look at.
2018-1-30
Use props
Håkan K
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

It was a video recording standing firmly on a tripod.  I could not see any movement when recording. But on the other hand the snipped above is 5 minutes or more..
2018-1-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Håkan K Posted at 2018-1-30 09:30
It was a video recording standing firmly on a tripod.  I could not see any movement when recording. But on the other hand the snipped above is 5 minutes or more..

Just to verify one more thing, did you select Time-Lapse mode for shooting or the normal mode and then composed the video by the third party program? Thank you.
2018-2-6
Use props
MenSch0r
lvl.3
Switzerland

Håkan K has the same problem.

Other Post with the same problem: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=126634&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D429%26typeid%3D429 and https://forum.dji.com/thread-121084-1-1.html
2018-2-6
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69455 ft
United States

I had a similar problem, I traced it to the tripod.  Depending on what tripod you use and how it’s set up, wind can cause it to sway.  It was especially noticeable when using the DJI tripod with the extention arm, the slightest breeze caused that thing to move.  It is now relegated to indoor use (where it works fine and is much easier to haul around than a normal tripod).
2018-2-6
Use props
Håkan K
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

9245 Posted at 2018-2-6 12:38
I had a similar problem, I traced it to the tripod.  Depending on what tripod you use and how it’s set up, wind can cause it to sway.  It was especially noticeable when using the DJI tripod with the extention arm, the slightest breeze caused that thing to move.  It is now relegated to indoor use (where it works fine and is much easier to haul around than a normal tripod).

Thanks. I will check it out.
2018-2-7
Use props
Håkan K
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

Tried it all to no avail. Did some searches on the topic and found it to be a general problem.  Apperently the recommendation is to mechanically lock the gimbal. But I have the Inspire gimbal and no such lock function..  Hmm. Well, well...
2018-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules