Mavic Air UnBoxing and First Impressions
13353 92 2018-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser88
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4678 ft

Canada

Wow, I really want to order one now! Can't wait for the warmer weather.
2018-2-7
Use props
ManAndDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3538297 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Couple more videos up too for those interested :

2018-2-8
Use props
djiuser_xy6tc2h3Xuh8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 197123 ft
United States

[tr][/tr]
[tr][/tr]
I agree completely

2018-2-8
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Another gem, bro! Anyway, the more videos made with DJI 100Mbps bitrate cameras I see, the more I'm convinced that the difference in picture quality is a matter of lens characteristics more than anything else. That is true, obviously, with assumption of employing H.264/265 codec only for recording. Therefore all debate about which recent DJI camera delivers better image lies within "hair-splitting" category, more or less.

Aircraft flying behavior is what seems to be much more relevant to any videographer, and - unfortunately - birds of this class/size are simply not able to deliver. Even you - seasoned pilot, needless to say - weren't able to execute smooth yaws and pans only bigger drones can perform.

So, no matter how sharp, pristine and color-correct UHD video is recorded, it will contain this control sticks jerkiness only Inspire or Matrice can absorb and bigger gimbal can smooth out.
2018-2-8
Use props
Amarand
lvl.3
Flight distance : 160531 ft
United States

Just ordered mine today in the Flame Red, with the DJI Goggles, extra batteries...super excited!  I think it's a 5-10 day wait for shipping, but I'm in the U.S., so maybe not as long with customs and things?
2018-2-8
Use props
djshotty
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3553 ft
Australia

Bigplumbs Posted at 2018-1-29 12:32
Just Unboxed mine in the UK. I like to think that I was the first to get in over the Pond in the UK. Here is a little video I made of the unboxing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UStCxg2TvY&t=23s

I just bought mine today, a white one, and Harvey Norman had a nice little bonus thingy where 10% of whatever you spend over $250 is given back to you in store gift cards. With their price of the Fly More Pack costing AU$1598, that meant I was entitled to $159.80 in gift cards. However, I opted to forego that bonus, instead taking a 128GB Samsung Evo Plus microSDXC card (their price was AU$148) for free. Yes, there's a few retailers on both your side of the dutch and mine who have the 256GB for around AU$150, but I've always thought that if you can't manage your device storage you may as well not have a device at all, and I've effectively saved not just $150 but the hassles of waiting for the postman to arrive.
But, I digress...
The Samsung Evo Plus microSDXC card is THE fastest microSDXC card on the market today. With 100 megabytes per second read and 90 meg per second write, they're designed for recording high bitrate 4K video in devices such as Go Pro and many brands of drone. If you want the best results, that's the card to get.
2018-2-10
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Guido-Italy Posted at 2018-1-30 13:52
Thank you for sharing but nothing more than Mavic Pro.

After looking at several videos, I'd have to say that is incorrect.  I won't be getting rid of the Mavic, but the video does appear to be better quality out of the Air than the MP.  I'm also impressed that they seem to have solved the gimbal tilt problem.  Perhaps they will incorporate the fix in the MP if it can be done in firmware.  The servos seem slow on tilt lately.  Lots of us unhappy with tilt during azimuth change and slow correction once stopped.  I didn't see any of that in ManAndDrone's videos.  The only thing I don't trust at this point is the range of the Air.  If it proves good, it looks like a nice portable winner, especially for those on the go.
2018-2-11
Use props
Guido-Italy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 477008 ft
Italy

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2018-2-11 07:33
After looking at several videos, I'd have to say that is incorrect.  I won't be getting rid of the Mavic, but the video does appear to be better quality out of the Air than the MP.  I'm also impressed that they seem to have solved the gimbal tilt problem.  Perhaps they will incorporate the fix in the MP if it can be done in firmware.  The servos seem slow on tilt lately.  Lots of us unhappy with tilt during azimuth change and slow correction once stopped.  I didn't see any of that in ManAndDrone's videos.  The only thing I don't trust at this point is the range of the Air.  If it proves good, it looks like a nice portable winner, especially for those on the go.

Very interesting analisys thanks. A DJI sore seller told me yesterday that Air is for sure a good drone but not better than MP.
I haden’t depth differences because now MP is for me a very good drone
2018-2-11
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

ManAndDrone Posted at 2018-2-7 13:24
Hey there up in the northern hemisphere !
I would say so far the noise reduction is definitely better than the Phantoms (except the p4p)
Sat count... No idea it's gonna be different here, i never worry about that if it works it works never had a sat problem with the i2's, p4p or Air here in NZ

Sat count should vary at all times.  The satellites are constantly orbiting the earth.  At times, more are available to you than others.  Likewise, the number of birds on the horizon vs overhead is constantly changing.  By the way, horizontal resolution is better when you have a good spread around the horizon.
2018-2-11
Use props
Pilotsman
lvl.1

Japan

Nice unboxing
2018-2-12
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser88 Posted at 2018-2-7 14:42
Wow, I really want to order one now! Can't wait for the warmer weather.

Yeah, you need warmer weather than what some people are flying Mavic Air in, the cold weather is the reason why it shakes.
2018-2-22
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mavic Air has nicer unboxing than Mavic Pro, unfortunately.
2018-2-22
Use props
Dog Whisperer
New
United States

My first drone and its awesome. Now if I can just figure out how to get my Macbook Pro to mount the SD cards? Any suggestions?
2018-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules