Mavic Pro - Battery stuck in firmware-upgrade mode...need reset
2361 2 2018-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kpuk
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi,

I have a battery that was between 75% and 100% full and used that in my Mavic Pro for a firmware upgrade. It ran for quite a while, then told me it couldn't upgrade because the battery was "less than 50% full". Strange, but OK... Problem is now that the battery is stuck with the two middle LEDs on (they stay on for about 15 seconds, then briefly go off, then come on again). Pressing the button does nothing. The lights stay on continually, as described. Note - the two middle ones, not the first and second ones.

How do I get the battery reset so that I can use it again, recharge it, etc.?

Thanks.

Karl
2018-1-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, Karl, please try to re-upgrade the drone firmware with this battery attached via DJI Assistant 2, see if it works.  
2018-1-28
Use props
kpuk
lvl.1
Switzerland

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-1-28 19:55
Hi, Karl, please try to re-upgrade the drone firmware with this battery attached via DJI Assistant 2, see if it works.  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZE-fP28htI&index=17&list=PL8-vxWY64sBNLusG0MvxD4Dm-tX4cnvzX

Thanks. Actually, I have solved it now, but not with DJI Assistant 2. That didn't work for me and kept giving me the same complain about the battery level, which was actually a false message. What I did in the end was to charge the battery for a few hours directly to the power-supply (rather than via the multi-battery hub). The lights didn't change, but I believe the battery was still charging. I then put the battery into the drone, switched on, used the remote and connected my phone and used DGI Go 4 to do the firmware upgrade. That completed successfully and about 75% of the way through, the lights on the drone battery went back to normal. I then completed the upgrade using each of my other batteries.

So all good now, but the exception handling of the upgrade is particularly poor and needs some attention. DJI - you should be taking note. From a quick Google on this topic alone, there are lots of people who have had the same.
2018-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules